NARS + Guy Bourdin - Holiday 2013

Debbs

Addict4Mac ,I have Coppering which I love so will definitely let you know how both compares to each other . I had considered getting Rage initially then changed my mind . Now that I know that Rage is comparable to Stars n' Rockets it is back in my list, I had gifted my S n R to a friend a while back. I plan to get my items on Nov 1st from Nordies. Hopefully that will not be too late. OT is Stars and Rockets d/c?

Addict4MAC

Addict4Mac ,I have Coppering which I love so will definitely let you know how both compares to each other . I had considered getting Rage initially then changed my mind . Now that I know that Rage is comparable to Stars n' Rockets it is back in my list, I had gifted my S n R to a friend a while back. I plan to get my items on Nov 1st from Nordies. Hopefully that will not be too late. OT is Stars and Rockets d/c?
Great, thanks Debbs! Nov. 1 shouldn't be too late. I need a little breather from buying more makeup. As for SNR, nope. It's still apart of the permanent range.

Aquamarine1543

Btw, do you realize Cinematic lipsticks are only 0.1oz (3.1g), not 0.12oz (3.5g)?
The same price as their regular lipsticks, but the different capacity!!! I hope the regular lipsticks won't be 0.1oz from next year's collections.
getyou.gif

elkaknits

Btw, do you realize Cinematic lipsticks are only 0.1oz (3.1g), not 0.12oz (3.5g)?
The same price as their regular lipsticks, but the different capacity!!! I hope the regular lipsticks won't be 0.1oz from next year's collections.
getyou.gif
I believe the price differential is due to added lip nourishing goodies and not necessarily a price increase across line. I wouldn't expect them to make their regular lipsticks smaller just because these are slightly smaller.

Future Red for the win still---http://cafemakeup.com/2013/10/23/nars-cinematic-lipstick-reviews-last-tango-future-red-full-frontal-short-circuit-goodbye-emmanuelle/ I am having to cut down on my plans for holiday goodies this year due to massive dental work needed for kidlets. I do like Last Tango and Goodbye Emmanuelle as well but don't see how I can get away with picking them up given circumstances. I also need to save funds for the nail polishes plus Dior holiday offerings of diorific lipsticks and cute nail polish bottles which always gets me. Thank goodness I have already purchased my Chanel goodies.

MarieMary

getyou.gif
Weight and volume (amount) are two different things. Given that the Cinematic lipstick have a different formula, it is entirely possible the density is different, and therefore you have the same volume/amount of product for less of the weight. Kind of like 15g of oil represents a larger volume than 15g of water because oil density is lower, yet it's still 15g in both cases.

Addict4MAC

I saw the misspelling elsewhere too, so I wasn't correcting you specifically. ;)
Thank you, you're so sweet! I really didn't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. People on Specktra are so cool, seriously. :)
th_hug.gif
That's why I visit the site daily. I really enjoy everyone here!

lenamonster

Gorgeous! I have to know what you are wearing on your lips too!
Thank you! The lipstick is MAC's Flat Out Fabulous. I am so obsessed with it in regards to colour and retro matte formula. I don't want to stop wearing and I'm so happy that it's permanent.

lenamonster

Amazing! If it's not too much on your skin, there's no way that it'll be overwhelming on me. What lipstick is that, by the way? It's a perfect complement to Coeur Battant.
Thank you! I'm Siberia in Nars. My bestie did my makeup and I can say that she did not use a light hand with the blush, but it blended out beautifully! The lipstick is MAC's Flat Out Fabulous.

lenamonster

SC is more orange? Do these stay on as long as the regular lipsticks?
SC seems more orange from photos, it's very slippery/creamy formula so it's been staying on quite well but I think if you eat, especially something delicious like eggs or a sandwich, you will have to reapply.

lenamonster

Do the Cinematics have any issues with bleeding or feathering?
I just noticed feathering with the Future Red lipstick and I'm kind of horrified because I haven't seen that before. I don't know if it's the lipstick or just me. I think a lip liner might be necessary, at least with Future Red.

MissTT

Hmm, I'm not sure which shade I want to try. I can try using my MUFE Lip Line Perfector. I always forget I have it.