NARS + Guy Bourdin - Holiday 2013

MarieMary

I decided to calculate the value of each set. I rounded up the price to the closest dollar. For the Fling, Promiscuous and Voyeur sets, there is also a box or pouch included. :D

• Splendor in the Grass Blush Palette ($49 for 0.37 oz.) $67
  • Fling Lip Set ($49 for 0.38 oz.) $92
  • Voyeur Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Set ($49 for 0.05 oz.) $60
  • Beautiful Stranger Nail Polish Set ($35 for 1.00 fl. oz.) $38
  • One Night Stand Blush Palette ($65 for 0.84 oz.) $145
  • Promiscuous Lip Set ($45 for 0.32 oz.) $92
  • Crime of Passion Set ($59 for 0.64 oz.) [I need the detailed oz per product to calculate]

Who said being interested in make-up is futile? It's both physics and maths. lolololol

Edit: Forgot the Voyeur set had a pouch as well. :p

deadSAVVY

:thud: So beautiful! :heart:
Thank you kindly :)
I decided to calculate how much each set is worth. I rounded up the price to the closest dollar. For the Fling and Promiscuous sets, there is also a box or pouch included. :D
  • Splendor in the Grass Blush Palette ($49 for 0.37 oz.)     $67
  • Fling Lip Set ($49 for 0.38 oz.)     $92
  • Voyeur Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Set ($49 for 0.05 oz.)     $60
  • Beautiful Stranger Nail Polish Set ($35 for 1.00 fl. oz.)     $38
  • One Night Stand Blush Palette ($65 for 0.84 oz.)     $145
  • Promiscuous Lip Set ($45 for 0.32 oz.)     $92
  • Crime of Passion Set ($59 for 0.64 oz.) [COLOR=808080][I need the detailed oz per product to calculate][/COLOR]
Who said being interested in make-up is futile? It's both physics and maths. lolololol
I do this with other sets I purchase to make sure I'm getting the better value! It's fun! Thanks for this ;)

patentg33k

A full size velvet matte lip pencil is 0.086oz.
The mini velvet matte lip pencils in the Baiser de Feu and Some Like It Hot lip sets were 0.06oz.
The ones in the Promiscuous set look about the same size, but it's hard to tell. Maybe they're bigger, maybe not. They should say it on Sephora as soon as it's available. :)
The Cruella, Sex Machine, Dolce Vita, and Never Say Never Pencils are listed as 0.06 oz, and New Lover as 0.08 oz in size. These measure roughly 3 3/4″ in size each.​

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/10/31/nars-promiscuous-lip-pencil-set-review-swatches/

MarieMary

The Cruella, Sex Machine, Dolce Vita, and Never Say Never Pencils are listed as 0.06 oz, and New Lover as 0.08 oz in size. These measure roughly 3 3/4″ in size each.​

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/10/31/nars-promiscuous-lip-pencil-set-review-swatches/
Thank you. ;) That's the weight I used to calculate the value of the set. ;)
I love Cafe MakeUp swatches by the way. Always so clean and well photographed. They're making me want to buy everything. :p

Ata123

Wow yours swatches beautifully!
What do you think so far? I think Goulue and Devotee are the standouts for me.

I'm pale and I rarely wear light pink blushes, how do I wear Mistinguette? I wore it today and looked like I had huge cheeks...it's so light I feel as though I end up highlighting my cheeks lol!
I love Goulue Devotee and Mistinguette. All of the shades are quite pigmented for me except for deep throat (required 2 swipes when I apply it). Goulue is the perfect Autumn colour and so buttery smooth too! :)

I'm quite pleased with this set, I owned a mini orgasm laguna duo from a nars set I bought before and I felt like I had to stab my brush in that one to get some colour on. This one was much more pigmented than the one in the duo.

I like to wear Mistinguette on the apples of my cheeks with Devotee highlighter paired with pink gloss. I'm more warm toned and somehow the light pink color changes into more of a "I just came in from the cold flush" kinda colour on my cheeks. Maybe you can try layering mistinguette with another blusher colour if it's too light for you?

kanne

Post bills and a holiday, the only thing I'm getting is Cambodia and Splendour in the Grass palette (the palette as an xmas present). A little bit disappointing but I'm trying to stop buying makeup that I'll rarely wear/spending excessively. If the colours don't sell out I may pick up Coeur Battant or Day Dream later on.

NARS needs to release all the new shades from the ONS palette as singles. I am loving the swatches!

Sugar & Spice

The only thing I know for sure I want is Full Frontal unless it ends up not looking good on me.

I'm also thinking about getting Majella satin pencil and join the red lips bandwagon.

kalexis08

The Splendor in the Grass palette is up on the NARS website, and I'm going to buy it and be officially done with holiday collections. Lol

MarieMary

I have a discount code at Sephora (fr) that ends tomorrow, and the collection still isn't up.
cry.gif

deadSAVVY

I have a discount code at Sephora (fr) that ends tomorrow, and the collection still isn't up. :cry:  
On the sephora website? What were you looking to get if you don't mind me asking? If you click on the ONS palette under it is the' you might like' section and it shows the other items from this collection..

MoForMakeUp

My box came and I ordered from Sephora yesterday! Super FAST. Anywho, the Promiscuous lip set is adorable! In the pic I threw in a full size Dragon Girl pencil for size reference. I think it's a great value so far!
smiles.gif
It's back, it's back, it's back, it's back, it's back!!! Going to buy RIGHT NOW!
nanaparty.gif

MarieMary

On the sephora website? What were you looking to get if you don't mind me asking? If you click on the ONS palette under it is the' you might like' section and it shows the other items from this collection..
Thank you for the tips ;) but I'm in France so I order from the french Sephora website. They still haven't put anything up, and the 25% discount code (first time they *ever* did that!) ends tomorrow. I have a bad feeling it will show up the day after tomorrow. *sigh*
I want the Coeur Battant blush, the Promiscuous lip set for sure, and I'm still undecided regarding other items. :)

purplevines

I love Goulue Devotee and Mistinguette. All of the shades are quite pigmented for me except for deep throat (required 2 swipes when I apply it). Goulue is the perfect Autumn colour and so buttery smooth too! :)

I'm quite pleased with this set, I owned a mini orgasm laguna duo from a nars set I bought before and I felt like I had to stab my brush in that one to get some colour on. This one was much more pigmented than the one in the duo.

I like to wear Mistinguette on the apples of my cheeks with Devotee highlighter paired with pink gloss. I'm more warm toned and somehow the light pink color changes into more of a "I just came in from the cold flush" kinda colour on my cheeks. Maybe you can try layering mistinguette with another blusher colour if it's too light for you?
I wore Mistinguette again today and I'm slowly getting use to the colour, I think it's just very different than the blushes I tend to wear, so perhaps I just need some time.

I agree Goulue is beautiful! I'm still on the fence about whether to return this or not but Goulue is one of the shades that is holding me back from doing so.

I got the lip pencils today, I walked into my store as soon as the door opened and they only had 2 of the sets left..so excited to play with mine later!
rasta.gif

deadSAVVY

Thank you for the tips ;) but I'm in France so I order from the french Sephora website. They still haven't put anything up, and the 25% discount code (first time they *ever* did that!) ends tomorrow. I have a bad feeling it will show up the day after tomorrow. *sigh* I want the Coeur Battant blush, the Promiscuous lip set for sure, and I'm still undecided regarding other items. :)
Sorry I didn't catch that you said (fr) but it would be so nice to use that discount! That's incredible but I will cross my fingers for you! Just keep looking before tonight you may get lucky! You have to get something with 25% lol ;)