NARS + Guy Bourdin - Holiday 2013

katred

Specktra Bestie
This collection is love now if I can stop buying mac and ysl I can get some items
iagree.gif
I feel like I need to stop myself from buying more Fall items, because I want to have money available to buy a lot from this one. Because I know I want a good chunk of those individual items.

lenamonster

WWD makes the announcement of the collection here but I'm no longer a subscriber so not too sure how detailed it is or what pictures there might be within the article.

http://www.wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/color-cosmetics/nars-launching-guy-bourdin-inspired-collection-7189050

Aquamarine1543

WWD makes the announcement of the collection here but I'm no longer a subscriber so not too sure how detailed it is or what pictures there might be within the article.

http://www.wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/color-cosmetics/nars-launching-guy-bourdin-inspired-collection-7189050
Here's the article you talked about!
According to the website, we can see the color story at the end of next week.
th_yawn.gif

(http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/09/sneak-peek-nars-guy-bourdin-inspired-collection.html)

But according to the article, Exhibit A blush is going to be repromoted.

And individual items (Oct 15th in Nars boutiques and on the website, Nov 1st in Sephora, Nordstrom etc.):

eyeshadows ($24 each , high-pearl and high-metallic payoff)
lipsticks ($25 each, super-glossy and high-shine)
blushes ($29 each)
nail colors ($19 each)

Gifting collections (Nov 1st):

One night stand cheek palette (Sephora exclusive, $65)
Promiscuous mini lip coffret (Sephora exclusive, $45)
Fling lip kit ($49)
Crime of Passion face kit ($59)
Beautiful stranger Nail polish ($35)
Voyeur LTL eyeliner coffret ($49)
Cosmetic Pouchette with a heart design ($75)
Splendor in the Grass cheek palette ($49).

Btw, I hoped the textures of the lipsticks would be satin or matte rather than glossy and shine.:(

MacAddictNurse

I am soooo excited over this collection!!! I only got 3 things from the Riri collection and I'm not getting anything mac for a long time going to focus on getting all I want from this collection which more than likely will be everything excluding the nailpolish

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK, this is definitely shaping up to be my biggest holiday haul (haul-iday?). From the photos, it definitely has a lot of shades that interest me and now I'm curious about these new formulas as well.

sagehen

Here's the article you talked about! According to the website, we can see the color story at the end of next week. :yawn:   But according to the article, Exhibit A blush is going to be repromoted. And individual items (Oct 15th in Nars boutiques and on the website, Nov 1st in Sephora, Nordstrom etc.):  eyeshadows ($24 each , high-pearl and high-metallic payoff) lipsticks ($25 each, super-glossy and high-shine) blushes ($29 each) nail colors ($19 each) B] Splendor in the Grass cheek palette ($49). Btw, I hoped the textures of the lipsticks would be satin or matte rather than glossy and shine.:(
Me too. I would have looked at them serioulsy but the high shine turns me off.

Aquamarine1543

I took high shine to be a glossy finish. A lot of lines are coming out with "vinyl" super shiny lip products lately and I do not like.
I thought super glossy was a glossy finish and high-shine was shimmer/glitter. (Plus, it reminds me of Giorgio Armani Rouge estacy lipsticks which just came out this month.)
Anyway, it means they're sheer lipsticks. I don't like Nars sheer lipsticks cuz they don't last long at all!!!

MarieMary

Thank you for all of this Aquamarine1543.
thmbup.gif

My brain just exploded; all of this is awesome.

I'm extremely curious about the lipsticks but kind of disappointed (not surprised though) those do not have a satin finish. But that's a personal preference. However I don't take vinyl finish as sheer. It might be vinyl and pigmented, which would be awesome because it allows for more versatility. I'm deciding to be trusting, and expecting those to be pigmented since women on Bourdin pictures often had highly opaque vinyl finish lipstick on.
High-mettalic / high-pearl finish for eyeshadows? Color me intrigued. The promo picture makes it look more like a cream shadow than a powder one (on promo pictures powder eyeshadows have a cloth pattern while cream have a smooth surface). I'm crossing fingers for either powder or Eye-Paint-formula cream/gel, because NARS cream eyeshadows are the *only* thing I don't like from the brand.

I am *loving* the names chosen for this collection. It's totally fitting within the NARS universe, while being reminiscent of the Bourdin era and the sexiness of his photographs. Perfect.
I literally want everything.
eyelove.gif
This has never happened to me; I am usually way too picky. I take this as a (painful for my wallet) reminder that NARS is my favorite brand ever.

Can you tell I'm excited?
amuse.gif

Aquamarine1543

Thank you for all of this Aquamarine1543.
thmbup.gif

My brain just exploded; all of this is awesome.

I'm extremely curious about the lipsticks but kind of disappointed (not surprised though) those do not have a satin finish. But that's a personal preference. However I don't take vinyl finish as sheer. It might be vinyl and pigmented, which would be awesome because it allows for more versatility. I'm deciding to be trusting, and expecting those to be pigmented since women on Bourdin pictures often had highly opaque vinyl finish lipstick on.
High-mettalic / high-pearl finish for eyeshadows? Color me intrigued. The promo picture makes it look more like a cream shadow than a powder one (on promo pictures powder eyeshadows have a cloth pattern while cream have a smooth surface). I'm crossing fingers for either powder or Eye-Paint-formula cream/gel, because NARS cream eyeshadows are the *only* thing I don't like from the brand.

I am *loving* the names chosen for this collection. It's totally fitting within the NARS universe, while being reminiscent of the Bourdin era and the sexiness of his photographs. Perfect.
I literally want everything.
eyelove.gif
This has never happened to me; I am usually way too picky. I take this as a (painful for my wallet) reminder that NARS is my favorite brand ever.

Can you tell I'm excited?
amuse.gif

No problem.
cutey.gif

Btw, is it really true none of the lipsticks do have satin finish? Seriously? Seriously??!!
I kept denying it even if I read the article.lol I'm really disappointed too.
cry.gif

I hope they last long (Nars sheer lipsticks usually don't last long) and don't have shimmer/glitter. If they do, I will def. get all of them!
Especially, shimmer/glitter is the biggest problem for me cuz it makes my lips really dry.
You know, when I saw the names of the items, they just cracked me up.
lmao.gif

luclaw88

Oh boy, someone is going to be in trouble for posting all of this on their website ahead of schedule...

Here are the individual items of the NARS + Bourdin collection.

Cœur Battant, Day Dream

Wishful thinking, Bad Behavior, Rage, Cambodia, Mississippi Mermaid

Future Red, Short Circuit, Last Tango, Goodbye Emmanuelle, Full Frontal

Tomorrow’s Red, Follow Me, Union Libre, No Limits

One Night Stand

She's also talking about a kit containing Cruella, Sex Machine, Never Say Never, Dolce Vita and New Lover.

Source: http://puritybeauty.se/?p=12229

I find it entirely too funny to say "I want Full Frontal"!
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
I need it all!!! Nah really just the palette. Im obsessed with Nars Palettes!