NARS Holiday 2011

shontay07108

I bought the duo today! I love it. The dark blue is powdery, like Katred said, but it's not bad to work with at all. The real reason I bought this is for the shimmery shade. I can't even describe it. It's beyond, beyond. That's all I can say about it. Pure love. Nothing else worked for me. Joyous wasn't that joyous to me. It was pretty muted so I passed.

Monsy

thank you so much shontay! i am not sure i can pull of something that blue... but it does look beautiful

katred

Specktra Bestie
katred please make FOTD with it i would love to see how it looks on your eyes!

I couldn't wait to try it out. Here's a quick look. I used a damp brush on the darker colour and it applied perfectly- no dust, no fallout, no unintended sheerness.

There's something about this duo that just reminds me of skies in November. You really have to see it in person, although Shontay's pics do give a good idea of how lovely the shimmery colour is. I've really been blown away by Nars' duos this year!

shontay07108

Temptalia's swatch of the duo seems way off to me. That shimmery shade looks mighty blue on her. I'm glad I bought it before seeing that b/c I might have been turned off. The shimmer shade is like a pewter/gray/dark blue. So hard to describe, but it definitely has more dimension that what her picture suggests. As far as it being similar to Hold My Gaze, I own hold my gaze although I have not compared the two yet. Off the top of my head I would say they are cousins. They have that same hard to pin down quality about their color. I do think HMG is a bit more gray, though.

Monsy

katred i love it on you! you and shontay can pull off any color! what do you have on your lips?

User38

katred.. unusually gorgeous.. lol.

shontay, now you did it.. I am trying to stay away from major colour and these blues.. ah these blues.

gets out a pistola.

katred

Specktra Bestie
As far as it being similar to Hold My Gaze, I own hold my gaze although I have not compared the two yet. Off the top of my head I would say they are cousins. They have that same hard to pin down quality about their color. I do think HMG is a bit more gray, though.

Totally agree with you on this one. I'll admit, it's a tricky shade to capture because it has such depth, but in her swatch, it looks more like a blue with gold shimmer. It's much more nuanced than that.

HG- Funny thing is, I usually don't care for blue eye shadows on me, because I find they make my eyes look "faded" and can wash me out a little, but somehow, they keep following me home. This duo is just lovely. Super-easy to work with and quite unique. I feel like Nars has hit a few home runs this year with their duos in particular.

Monsy- Thanks very much. I'm wearing Chanel's RA Coquette in the photos. I'm actually doing a review and FOTD for my blog. I'll post the link here when it's up!

Miss QQ

^^ Gorgeous, katred! I love smoky, cool colours, and these grey and blue are perfect. I agree, I like Grand Palais very much too.

I want this duo, is it perm or LE? I can't get it right now, but only when someone traveling overseas can help me pick it up.

aradhana

thanks for the swatches, shontay

i was kind of disappointed and confused when i saw temptalia's swatches of this duo online....a shimmery that comes out blue paired with another blue seemed a bit odd....

hopefully this duo will be at my counter soon. although, i was kind of having the 'too much makeup blues' this morning, wondering when i'm going to use all this stuff! i need to implement a system to use the items that seem to stay at the back of vaults... like the randomizer perhaps....

drools.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, the Murale store at Place Ville Marie has this collection out. I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

amillion

I really wanted to like the new G spot multiple but sadly it didn't show up well on my nw55 skin. I had better success with South and Palm Beach mulitples which I love.

aradhana

FYI, the Murale store at Place Ville Marie has this collection out. I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.
thanks for letting me know -- i had basically counted murale out because they never seem to have the new collections right away...but that's good to hear
in any case, i can't get to the store before next week...we're on holiday in vermont! it's such a nice feeling to be away...

hopefully they'll still have bit's of the collection floating around later...i was also hoping to check out ponderosa and joyous. i know christine mentioned that ponderosa had bad wear time on her, but i just really like that colour a lot!

shontay07108

I wore the shadow duo today. It creates a really lovely smoky eye. I don't have any colors like them and it's more obvious after wearing it. It's a bummer that the shimmer from the lighter shades doesn't quite translate on the eye. Still a winner, though.

Miss QQ

^^ Good to know you like it!

Does the lighter shade turns muddy, espeically when blended with the dark blue?

shontay07108

Not at all. The colors are distinct. The lighter shade is so, so pretty and together they create a really nice look. It's just the shimmer that gets a little lost, not the actual color.