Nars Larger than Life than life lipgloss at sephora

2browneyes

^ Thx....I just called my local Sephora and the sales person said they should have them in store in about 3 wks. Debating on whether or not I should wait or just order online. Decision, decisions.....

MarieMary

psmap85: Thank you for the information. :)

2browneyes: If I may make a suggestion, wait. ^^ Colors "swatches" on Sephora.com are often inaccurate. You might get a shade that will end up not being like what you can see on sephora.com

2browneyes

^ Thx....I was thinking about that. Plus waiting will give me a chance to save a lil more $ in case I really like what I see/swatch :)

WhatWouldJoanDo

A quick look at the ingredient list and it looks like these are gonna love me back! lanolin-free beautiful NARS gloss so I'm not allergic :) swoon..... xo

WhatWouldJoanDo

@2browneyes ... I personally find NARS word descriptions really accurate, if the digital Sephora swatch is holding you back ... .Tiber and Como are catching my eyes :) ... of course gold digger would be great to mix and blend with any of the non-shimmering glosses to give options of with or without gold shimmer.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Swatches!!!
From CanadianBeauty dot com blog:

(left to right; I've made a note where the blog description is really different than the Sephora one)
NORMA – cherry red
PLACE VENDÔME – strawberry pink (described as bright raspberry on Sephora)
PIRÉE – rosy pink
TIBER – cool beige (described as mauve nude on Sephora)
ODALISQUE – cantaloupe (described as pale apricot on Sephora)
GOLD DIGGER – sparkling peach shimmer (described as sparkling champagne beige on Sephora)
SPRING BREAK – sheer nude pink (described as pale golden beige sheen on Sephora)
COMO – shimmering berry (described as golden plum on Sephora)
CŒUR SUCRÉ – shimmering bright pink

unlike the picture of the glosses, the swatch order (right to left) is: Spring break, Gold Digger, Tiber, Odalisque, Piree, Como, Coeur Sucree, Place Vendome, and Norma.

WhatWouldJoanDo

I'm sure I'll like all of them lol! but I will wait until they are in store because the shipping feels in Canada are ridiculous if I'm only getting a gloss from Sephora.

shontay07108

I love Nars, but I don't these glosses aren't special at all. I played with them yesterday. The light colors are milky and I totally see it going into lip lines. The brighter colors are nice, but I have those shades already. They aren't sticky and the packaging is cool, but that's not enough to make me buy it. I'll stick to my mufe lab shines.

panther27

I love Nars, but I don't these glosses aren't special at all. I played with them yesterday. The light colors are milky and I totally see it going into lip lines. The brighter colors are nice, but I have those shades already. They aren't sticky and the packaging is cool, but that's not enough to make me buy it. I'll stick to my mufe lab shines.

Did you find they smell bad?

shontay07108

[quote name="panther27" url="/forum/thread/176469/nars-larger-than-life-than-life-lipgloss-at-sephora#post_2148170"]

Did you find they smell bad?
[/quote] I didn't smell anything. I made sure to sniff them because I am sensitive to scented lip products.

MarieMary

Thanks for the info. I was actually wondering about the smell. I guess they took into account people's comments about the waxy smell of Nars lipglosses. But it's funny, because someone on sephora posted this as a review for the product:
Quote: The colors are great, however I can't get past the smell. Why anyone would put something so foul smelling on their face is beyond me.

She makes it sound like it smells like rotten fish.
noworry.gif

shontay07108

[quote name="MarieMary" url="/forum/thread/176469/nars-larger-than-life-than-life-lipgloss-at-sephora#post_2148184"]
Thanks for the info. I was actually wondering about the smell. I guess they took into account people's comments about the waxy smell of Nars lipglosses.
But it's funny, because someone on sephora posted this as a review for the product:

She makes it sound like it smells like rotten fish.
noworry.gif

[/quote] Ha! That's interesting. I really didn't smell a thing. Maybe that foul smell has to do with the testers that person played with.

MarieMary

Quote:
Ha! That's interesting. I really didn't smell a thing. Maybe that foul smell has to do with the testers that person played with.
That's absolutely possible. It works with the idea that I had: it depends on how they are stored. I've noticed that some of my glosses have a stronger smell than others. I realized I bought them from different places.

By the way, I think I need Place Vendôme. It looks gorgeous.