Nars monster in the making!

Nzsallyb

hello everyone

dont normally stick my head in here because nars isnt in NZ UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i turned up at the department store to part with some cash at the mac counter, low and behold, there was nars!! wow their makeup is soooo nice, but insanely expensive (like for sheer glow it is NZD $128, and for a lip gloss it is NZD $71, when mac lipglasses are NZD $38, and chanel glossimers are $49)

but wow, worth the money! i came away with chihuahua lip gloss ( they feel amazing on!), and albatross highlighter. i got given a generous sample of sheer glow to give a go too

i am a nars monster in the making! but am thinking a few CPs may be in order
blush-anim-cl.gif

will be hanging around here more often!

Mercurial

Some good buys there-Chihuahua lipgloss is lovely. Their blushers and Multiples are well worth a look too!

bis

Their blushers are lovely, I am currently falling for them hard. They are really great, but super pigmented.
I also like their eyeshadows as some of them are matte/satin.
Sheer Glow is also nice, but unfortunately not as glowy as I was hoping for. Great brand!

laylalovesmac

I want to be a NARS monster!

Great choices, Nzsallyb.

I always swatch NARS stuff at Sephora and then I walk away empty-handed. I don't know why, but that's how it always goes. I bought one of their sets for my mom for Valentine's Day last year, and she loved everything- says I HAVE to try one of their blushes. I have my eye on Nico. Hopefully I'll pick it up sometime soon.

kaliraksha

I wouldn't mind a little more NARS in my life either. I was instantly impressed with a lot of their stuff (especially blushers and certain eyeshadows) when I first checked the brand out, but there is always the trade off of how much more MAC I could buy with my NARS money. Glad to see a new convert!

honybr

Their blushes and glosses are making me cheat on MAC big time. I have 4 glosses: Downtown, Strawberry Fields, Bouganville, and Oasis. I love them all and they last all day! I only have one blush Mounia but would like to get more. They are pricey, but the quality makes up for it in my mind. Glad to see NARS getting some love!

Nzsallyb

Their blushes and glosses are making me cheat on MAC big time. I have 4 glosses: Downtown, Strawberry Fields, Bouganville, and Oasis. I love them all and they last all day! I only have one blush Mounia but would like to get more. They are pricey, but the quality makes up for it in my mind. Glad to see NARS getting some love!

hell yes to the glosses, they are so much nicer than mac ones, im thinking ill be ordering a few more

Shadowy Lady

Nars is my fave brand hands down. They make great foundations (both sheer glow and sheer matte), blushes (powder and cream), matte velvet pencils and lipglosses. I also looove their Laguna Bronzer and most of their e/s duos and matte lipsticks.

User38

I love all my NARS blushes -- and I just replaced my Zen which was getting dog eared and there was too much pan showing thru...

I must say though that I hate really hate NARS packaging with that gummy black -- I know it can be cleaned, but honestly I would love a sleek black easy to wipe off case and not what they have now -- My old Zen had hairs stuck on it from being in my travel case
lmao.gif

User38

I also recently bought a few lipsticks -- Baroque, Petit Monstre and a replacement of Heat Wave... I have my old Heat Wave which is my spring/summer colour but I will be trying out the Rouge Basque for New Years and Petit Monstre when I go to the Carib in Jan
pretty.gif

User38

ok, since I cannot edit or quote -- I typed Baroque when it should have been Rouge BASQUE.. grrr..

Nzsallyb

Nars is my fave brand hands down. They make great foundations (both sheer glow and sheer matte), blushes (powder and cream), matte velvet pencils and lipglosses. I also looove their Laguna Bronzer and most of their e/s duos and matte lipsticks.

im giving sheer glow a go right now, and laguna is on my list of things!

Shadowy Lady

Oh I agree with you herGrayness, Heat Wave is da bomb! I adore that lipstick! My other fave Nars lippies are Dragon Girl, Roman Holiday, Afghan Girl, Niagara and Schiap

User38

I adore Shiap, Heat Wave, Scarlet Empress, Afghan, Russian Doll and Fast Ride -- these are almost my go to's for every day
cutey.gif

Shadowy Lady

we seem to have similar "Nars lipstick" taste ;) I shall check out Russian Doll then....i'm 1/4 Russian anyway, lol!

Latest posts