NARS + Pierre Hardy

Aquamarine1543

More info:

http://www.fashionmonitor.com/News/rR0/NARS-presents-Pierre-Hardy-collection

The UK launch date is on May 1st, so I think it's the same (or can be earlier) as the US!
nanaparty.gif

Audrey C

Aquamarine1543

That can't be right (can it)? If so, I'm not getting either of them. I can only imagine what they'd cost in Canada.

Somebody's been sniffing something, methinks. Fifty dollar blush.
blink.gif
I also hope it couldn't be right, but the article said it's $48 each. So...
weeping.gif

I guessed it's around $39 each (regular blush is $29 as you know) because they're LE and collaboration items, but not $48!!!

I can't still understand why NARS collaboration collections are always ridiculously expensive compared to regular/seasonal collections!!!

Dominique33

It's not surprising, LE are becoming more and more expensive it means 45 € for us, well
icon_eek.gif
yes schocked at this price. I hope they're wrong but so far I remember the Andy Warhol palettes ( flowers ) were 45 €. The summer collection is not so pretty ( I saw Christine's reviews ), maybe one good reason to save up for those blushes but I agree too pricey !

shontay07108

I already expected it to cost more b/c of the design. I already pay nearly $50 for Chanel blushes, so it's not beyond me. However, now I'm more interested in seeing swatches before grabbing both.

MarieMary

I also hope it couldn't be right, but the article said it's $48 each. So...
weeping.gif

I guessed it's around $39 each (regular blush is $29 as you know) because they're LE and collaboration items, but not $48!!!

I can't still understand why NARS collaboration collections are always ridiculously expensive compared to regular/seasonal collections!!!
Thank you for the information. :)

When you click on each item, they redirect you to the Canadian NARS website. So maybe those are the prices in Canadian dollars?
Edit: It's a Canadian website; they speak in Canadian dollars.
Unfortunately there seem to be a price increase anyway. On UK websites, they say the whole collection is worth about £192. :/

Thakoon nail polishes were the same price as regular polishes. Same with Warhol: individual items were the same price as items from regular collections. Gift sets are hard to evaluate, but they seemed to be within regular NARS price range.
So this is very surprising (and disappointing) that this time everything gets a price bump, and not a little one.

Audrey C

So this is very surprising (and disappointing) that this time everything gets a price bump, and not a little one.
It is disappointing. I had planned to buy both, but now I will purchase neither. How can they go from the normal $32 price to $48?! That's a 50% increase - it's outrageous.

MissTT

Are the blushes larger than standard size? At least we'll have time to really think about it b/c I doubt they'll sellout immediately at these prices.

Aquamarine1543

Are the blushes larger than standard size? At least we'll have time to really think about it b/c I doubt they'll sellout immediately at these prices.
NARS collaboration items are usually larger than standard ones.
If the blushes are, I think it's waste of money since NARS blushes are really pigmented, so there's no need to be larger size. :(

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543

NARS collaboration items are usually larger than standard ones.
If the blushes are, I think it's waste of money since NARS blushes are really pigmented, so there's no need to be larger size. :(

Agreed. They last yearssssss.

MaitaiFluff

I just caught up with this after taken a break from my Hayley Williams refresh frenzy. There is no way that those little guys can be $48. It just can't be! The Andy palettes were $55 and they were way more detailed with their overspray (and big-ish). I hope someone just got mixed up converting prices and everyone else just copied the incorrect information. I really hope that's the case, because I don't like that $48 price tag (for a NARS blush).

Aquamarine1543

I hope someone just got mixed up converting prices and everyone else just copied the incorrect information. I really hope that's the case, because I don't like that $48 price tag (for a NARS blush).
I think the size of this blush is larger than Nars regular one based on some pics and size of the patterns on the palette.
I guess it's the same size as Nars Hungry heart duo blush or Foreplay palette.
Hungry heart and Foreplay are 0.36 oz (Nars regular blush is 0.16 oz), The former one is $41 and the latter is $49 respectively.
So I guess Pierre Hardy blushes are larger than their regular blushes based on their prices.
BUT I'm not happy about it at all since their blushes are really pigmented so that there's no need to be larger size!!!

MaitaiFluff

I think the size of this blush is larger than Nars regular one based on some pics and size of the patterns on the palette. I guess it's the same size as Nars Hungry heart duo blush or Foreplay palette. Hungry heart and Foreplay are 0.36 oz (Nars regular blush is 0.16 oz), The former one is $41 and the latter is $49 respectively. So I guess Pierre Hardy blushes are larger than their regular blushes based on their prices.  BUT I'm not happy about it at all since  their blushes are really pigmented so that there's no need to be larger size!!!   
Unfortunately, all of your logic and calculations make perfect sense. I was hoping for a typo or something. :p Sigh. I might have to limit myself to just one blush, and you're right, NARS blushes are quite pigmented, so one of these might last me a lifetime. I guess they would have to be bigger though in order to get a good overspray going on and I don't know why I'm so surprised at the price. ($41 for a blush duo vs. $48 for a LE blush duo). Maybe, because I already know I'm in trouble with many of the other collections coming out in May.

MarieMary

Nail duo: 28€ Blush: 39€ Source: http://m.vogue.fr/beaute/buzz-du-jour/diaporama/make-up-pierre-hardy-pour-nars/12611

Latest posts