NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer

Shadowy Lady

Thanks, Ejka, Monsy and Sadeeh.
smiles.gif
I am only good with powdered cheek products, bought MUFE HD cream blush and had trouble with it going on clumpy and streaky. I have been hesitating about getting a multiple because of that. Now I think I'll get one to try, maybe South Beach. I am also thinking if I should get this TM sight unseen in May or try it when Nars is finally having a counter in my country late this year.
shrugs.gif
These ones are easier to apply than the MUFE HD blushes though...those ones gave me a hard time too. South Beach Multiple would be a good one to start with coz it goes with everything and looks good on everyone. It's a fool proof colour

For TM, I would get it now as to me it's more of a warm weather kinda foundation. Though where you live the weather may not change between now and fall :D

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I thought I must be doing something wrongly with the MUFE HD blush lol. It is getting warmer over here already. The hottest and most humid days are in May and June so I guess it is a good idea to get the TM next month. Can't wait to try it!

MrsBombshell

Really liking this after not being a fan of any other TM's so far. Cuba is the closest match to my skin tone, and although it's a bit orange on me, I can make it work.

chinablaq

Quote: Originally Posted by PeppermintMocha

Did anyone experience any kind of oxidation with this tinted moisturizer?

This definitely oxidized on me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Richelle83

I have oily skin, it's pretty bad! But tm's have never been an issue. I got the sample of the correct color, tried it on indoors-stayed indoors and my face was a complete grease slick. Normally I'm not bad while inside, outside can be an issue. Not sure how this will work out, the coverage is great, love the color, smell, and feel but my skin was too greasy. Maybe I need to do the milk of magnesia primer deal?! A friend also with oily skin loves it. *shrugs*

I get really oily also. But I really love this tm and tried many ways to make it work without me ending in an oil click after a few hours. MOM primer absolutely did the trick! My face looked flawless, and didn't have to blot all day!

shontay07108

I use a real techniques buffing brush which is the best brush I have ever used for foundation. I need another one just to have it. I'm glad to say that this TM doesn't break me out at all and photographs well. Another big, big plus is that it blends so well. I have dry skin, but this TM doesn't catch on dry areas. It's blends beautifully and I like the coverage. Still, it's not my go-to foundation. I still prefer MUFE Face and Body. That one just gives my skin a glow, that lasts all day, that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

chinablaq

I'm glad to say that this TM doesn't break me out at all and photographs well. Another big, big plus is that it blends so well. I have dry skin, but this TM doesn't catch on dry areas. It's blends beautifully and I like the coverage. Still, it's not my go-to foundation. I still prefer MUFE Face and Body. That one just gives my skin a glow, that lasts all day, that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.
That buffing brush is love! Wish they sold it as a single. I have been wanting to try MUFE f &b for a while now. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a dead on match in it. I need to go back to Sephora to get samples and try to make it work again. If not, Nars TM will be my go to for the summer.

kimbunney

First I tried Martinique and it was too dark and orange on me. Then Malaga was a bit dark on me as well, but Seychelles seem to match me perfect as far as neck wise, but I felt a bit pale with it on. I guess I'm going to have to keep testing. I just hate crazy tricks to get my color in something. grr.

chinablaq

First I tried Martinique and it was too dark and orange on me. Then Malaga was a bit dark on me as well, but Seychelles seem to match me perfect as far as neck wise, but I felt a bit pale with it on. I guess I'm going to have to keep testing. I just hate crazy tricks to get my color in something. grr.
That was the case with me. I thought Seychelles was a bit too light, but Martinique was too dark. Seychelles oxidized and set in on me within minutes!! It's actually a perfect match! What are your shades in other foundations? I'm an NC50 and found a lot say Seychelles was their match. I'd give it a try again.

kimbunney

I'm NC45. I tried the shade below but still felt it was darker when it came to my neck. My chest is a lot lighter than my face so I like to try to match them to the same color so I won't be two different colors lol I actually felt like Sey was lighter than Malaga on me. Maybe I need to go back and get sample lol just to see how it all compares.
That was the case with me. I thought Seychelles was a bit too light, but Martinique was too dark. Seychelles oxidized and set in on me within minutes!! It's actually a perfect match! What are your shades in other foundations? I'm an NC50 and found a lot say Seychelles was their match. I'd give it a try again.

chinablaq

I'm NC45. I tried the shade below but still felt it was darker when it came to my neck. My chest is a lot lighter than my face so I like to try to match them to the same color so I won't be two different colors lol I actually felt like Sey was lighter than Malaga on me. Maybe I need to go back and get sample lol just to see how it all compares.
If your an NC45 Seychelles may be a tad too dark. I went to order Seychelles from Sephora online and its been sold out this whole week. Seems to be a shade that compliments many complexions. Definitely get a couple of samples and try them out.

kimbunney

It is too dark. I've tested it the whole day and it goes on fine but then it turns dark. I felt like the shade below was too dark but I'm just going to get samples of the two shades below Seycelles. On the plus side I love the formula and the way it wears on me.
If your an NC45 Seychelles may be a tad too dark. I went to order Seychelles from Sephora online and its been sold out this whole week. Seems to be a shade that compliments many complexions. Definitely get a couple of samples and try them out.

luvlydee

It is too dark. I've tested it the whole day and it goes on fine but then it turns dark. I felt like the shade below was too dark but I'm just going to get samples of the two shades below Seycelles. On the plus side I love the formula and the way it wears on me.
U should give annapurna a try. Im around nc44/45 and thats what i use. The others turned way to dark for my liking. Im even plannin on trying st moritz (which kinda makes me look like a ghost) and putting dark msf natural on top. The difference in depth of color between st moritz and annapurna is insane

Shadowy Lady

I got a tan now since I came back from Mexico but Alaska is still the right shade. I like that the shades are forgiving that with my paler winter skin and mu summer tan I can still use the same shade :) This products has pretty much been the only foundation I've been using for the last couple of months

Kat K

I recently bought this in Finland and it's a good match for my NC15 Asian neutral skin. I was worried that it would be too yellow because I found NARS SG Deauville (even though it's also suppose to have a balance of yellow and pink) to be too yellow but it goes on really sheer so it wasn't a problem at all. Anyone lighter than NC 15 or someone with deep pink tones would probably have a hard time finding a match though. I still 'set' this with my MAC prep and prime powder because I don't like the moist/slick feeling it leaves (being a moisturizer and all) but that's just me. This will definitely be my go to product when summer really hits.

Winthrop44

I finally tried Finland as well. On my hand I was convinced it would be too dark, but I can get away with it on my face sheered out as long as I pretend I have a slight tan.
lol.gif
Best of all it doesn't bother my rosacea. I usually can't used products that contain chemical sunscreens, so I'm very happy that I can use this.

kimbunney

Perfect! I don't think I need to go down any more, but I haven't been able to go to Sephora lately to pick up Annapurna to test out. I still feel like Cuba matches me well tho. I hate it as well when I feel like something matches me. I look an hour later like whoa face is totally darker than my body. My neck/chest area is so yellow and my face is darker. So I just like them to match well so I won't walk around looking funny lol.
How has cuba worked out? I hate color matching.....
censored.gif

OhSoJaded

I'm in the market for a new TM and decided to try this out while I was at Sephora yesterday. The SA matched me to St. Moritz and under the store lights, it looked ok. An hour later, I was walking through the mall and my BF commented on how orange my skin was looking. Wish I had taken a picture, b/c it was HORRIBLE. I looked like I could be Snooki's replacement on the Jersey Shore! And the "glow" just made my face look like an oil slick.

I had high hopes for this TM b/c I love the coverage and formula. The shade was just way off. Did it just oxidize horribly on me? Or was I mismatched to begin with? For reference, I am NC25/30 w/ yellow undertones. I currently wear Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab (and it's like a second skin for me
love.gif
). And guys/gals w/ combo oily skin, do you use a primer to help make your skin look less greasy? Or does my skin type make it a lost cause?

Maybe I'll see my girl at the Nars counter and she can point me in the right direction...Otherwise, it's back to Laura Mercier for me this summer.