NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer

Shadowy Lady

^^ you should try Alaska. I have cooler undertones than you (fluctuate between NW20-NW30 depending on season, Nars Santa Fe) but Alaska seems to work for everyone in the light medium skintone range. Also, you should try to put just a bit of the TM on. The more you use the more it oxicidizes based on my experience.

I have combo skin and do not use a primer with this. I think it looks better on its own. I also don't use setting powder and it lasts on me over 8 hours without gettintg shiny. I tested it this Monday again when the temp was above 30C and it still looked good all day :)

HTH!

Kat K

Definitely try Alaska instead. I believe it is for people with NC20~30 skintones. I wear Finland (I'm NC15) and I haven't notice it oxidizing and turning orange on me and I have combo skin too. I do set this with powder though because I hate any shine or glow. I prefer my face to be matte when I finish putting my makeup on. Since with my combo skin, I'll eventually get that glow by the end of the day thanks to oilies. I think when it gets really humid, I'll be setting with powder AND a finishing spray (like Skindinavia's). I've noticed that it really helps it's lasting power.

P.S. I wore this the other day with a light dusting of powder over my t-zone only and went out to lunch and walked around with my friends. By the time I got home 3 hours later, my t-zone was definitely getting somewhat shiny. With a finishing spray I can keep shine at bay for about 5-8 hours. =)

aradhana

The difference in depth of color between st moritz and annapurna is insane
i might try out annapurna...cuba was working for me a month ago, but now i think i've already got a bit of a tan!
my biggest problem is that i'm constantly having to change up my shade for whatever foundation...

OhSoJaded

^^ you should try Alaska. I have cooler undertones than you (fluctuate between NW20-NW30 depending on season, Nars Santa Fe) but Alaska seems to work for everyone in the light medium skintone range. Also, you should try to put just a bit of the TM on. The more you use the more it oxicidizes based on my experience.

I have combo skin and do not use a primer with this. I think it looks better on its own. I also don't use setting powder and it lasts on me over 8 hours without gettintg shiny. I tested it this Monday again when the temp was above 30C and it still looked good all day :)

HTH!
Thanks for the help! I'll definitely try Alaska. I also got a sample of St. Moritz, so maybe I'll try that once more. The MA DID put a lot of TM on, so maybe if I use less, the color might not oxidize as much. If that doesn't work, I'll ask for a sample of Alaska.

Bacall

I bought this TM a few days ago. The MA reccommended Seychelles as it is more red than Malaga. I am nc45 and having tried this product for the last couple of days I can conclude that it oxidises like crazy and makes me look dirty hence a lot darker than I actually am. It also makes me look so oily. Wondering whether to give Malaga a go? Or just stick to my mac prowear which makes me look so smooth and radiant all day long compared to this.

macgirl3121

I bought this TM a few days ago. The MA reccommended Seychelles as it is more red than Malaga. I am nc45 and having tried this product for the last couple of days I can conclude that it oxidises like crazy and makes me look dirty hence a lot darker than I actually am. It also makes me look so oily. Wondering whether to give Malaga a go? Or just stick to my mac prowear which makes me look so smooth and radiant all day long compared to this.
If you want to give it another go you should prob get a sample of Malaga. It seems like folks are finding their best match is one to two steps down from whatever they are recommended. I thought Polynesia was my shade but it did oxidize on me so I stepped down to Martinque and don't have that problem. I know this is a "tinted moisturizer" but it seems that most are treating this as a light foundation in terms of using primer with it and topping off with powder. Being out here in the blazing sun of CA I really like that this has a decent amount of SPF protection in the product thus I'm willing to work the kinks out with using it.

Kat K

Now that it's getting much warmer I wear this with a light dusting of powder and a finishing spray (Skindinavia one for oily skin) and it lasts all day without getting greasy or oxidizing. If I wear it alone, I do get shine around my T-zone after a few hours so a finishing spray might be necessary if you have oily/combo skin like me.

Nastka

You'll have to wear additional sunscreen to get decent protection on sunny days, and depending on what sunscreen you use it might get heavy. I use a La Roche Posay Anthelios XL (which is very close to the watery, sheer 'Asian'-style sunscreens, not too heavy) beneath because a very sheer layer of SPF30 from the TM isn't going to do much. A good alternative would be a sunscreen in powder format, but I'm yet to find one for a decent price (I'm in the UK).

Bacall

Thanks Kat K. I took the product back to the store and the MA tested Malaga on me and it was perfect. Maybe I will go for it as I do like the lightness aspect of it :))

Kat K

Does anyone wear the TM over your usual moisturizer and sunblock? Would it be too heavy?
I don't wear my usual moisturizer with this but I do wear extra sunblock underneath on very sunny day for extra protection. It's an extra step and it takes away precious morning minutes but I feel like it's worth the time. A lot of skin experts do say that sunscreen in foundation/moisturizer isn't enough to protect your skin.

LILYisatig3r

I recently bought this in Finland and it's a good match for my NC15 Asian neutral skin. I was worried that it would be too yellow because I found NARS SG Deauville (even though it's also suppose to have a balance of yellow and pink) to be too yellow but it goes on really sheer so it wasn't a problem at all. Anyone lighter than NC 15 or someone with deep pink tones would probably have a hard time finding a match though. I still 'set' this with my MAC prep and prime powder because I don't like the moist/slick feeling it leaves (being a moisturizer and all) but that's just me. This will definitely be my go to product when summer really hits.
I'm the exact same shade. At first in the tube, the shade seems really, really yellow. But like you said, after you blend it in it turns out very nice and sheer. I found that it blended better with my fingers than with my brush and I hate finger application. Whatever works though, I guess! I agree that it felt kind of oily and too slick on my face. I could almost feel a layer on top of my skin. I set it with MAC Studio Careblend powder and it still felt a little too heavy for a tinted moisturizer. But who knows, maybe if I try it more, I could come to love it. The coverage is fantastic.

Kat K

I'm the exact same shade. At first in the tube, the shade seems really, really yellow. But like you said, after you blend it in it turns out very nice and sheer. I found that it blended better with my fingers than with my brush and I hate finger application. Whatever works though, I guess! I agree that it felt kind of oily and too slick on my face. I could almost feel a layer on top of my skin. I set it with MAC Studio Careblend powder and it still felt a little too heavy for a tinted moisturizer. But who knows, maybe if I try it more, I could come to love it. The coverage is fantastic.
I definitely agree that it applies better with fingers. It blends really well and the application is fast and quick in the mornings. Which I love.
For me, tinted moisturizers always felt kind of oily and slick. Before I tried this one, I used Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer and it felt the same. But then again, I've always just used light moisturizers and hate the feeling of heavy moisturizers. So maybe it's just me. I think it takes some getting used to because I've been using it for a while now and the slickness doesn't really bother me anymore. So I guess it's something that one can get used it. =)

Miss QQ

I wore Finland a few times and I like it. It matches me well, looks like my skin but better, and feels light. I finish with some powder over it.

tiffmegz

Does anyone wear the TM over your usual moisturizer and sunblock? Would it be too heavy?
I don't wear my usual moisturizer with this but I do wear extra sunblock underneath on very sunny day for extra protection. It's an extra step and it takes away precious morning minutes but I feel like it's worth the time. A lot of skin experts do say that sunscreen in foundation/moisturizer isn't enough to protect your skin.
I have pretty dry skin, so in the morning I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion really lightly, then I use Loreal Sublime SPF 50 sunscreen (a LOT of this) and then my Nars TM. I don't find it to be too heavy at all. I think the sunscreen is a must and totally worth it!!
flower.gif

califabulous

finally tried a sample from sephora. I asked for malaga and seychelles and got seychelles and martinique....didn't try martinique. seychelles seemed perfect in color but i always like to try the next shade down to be sure of the color match esp if it oxidizes. I used it for 3 days. It was too oily for me. great coverage and color. I really like this TM. maybe if i used a primer under, it would work. I find that I do not need to moisturize prior to using this as it is hydrating enough for my oily skin type. Perfect for a 5 minute face. Oh I also set it with mac msf and MUFE super matte loose (on different days). I finally ended up with a serious oil induced cystic acne type thing on my forehead. oh well. my sheer matte never caused any skin issues so I'm still using that.