NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer

Rachel Liane

Hey there, sorry for intruding, but I saw that my blog was linked to this thread, so I figured I would say hi! - would you like me to swatch them side by side?

MarieMary

Hey there, sorry for intruding, but I saw that my blog was linked to this thread, so I figured I would say hi! - would you like me to swatch them side by side?
Hi and welcome to Specktra. :)
I'm sure lots of people would find a side by side comparison of Finland and Terre-Neuve very helpful. That would be lovely if you could do that.

Aquamarine1543

I just posted an image on my blog, but here it is for all of you!

Finland is on the left and terra neuve is on the left

Is Terre Neuve pinker/oranger than Finland? or does it have more ivory undertone?
Can you tell me the color difference between them b/c Terre Neuve isn't lighter than I expected?

Rachel Liane

Is Terre Neuve pinker/oranger than Finland? or does it have more ivory undertone?
Can you tell me the color difference between them b/c Terre Neuve isn't lighter than I expected?
Its not really meant to be lighter so much as have different undertones. I think its the same lightness value as finland, but it is pinker. I was always very disappointed with the Nars tinted moisturizer range because the colors all leaned very yellow and it made my look quite sallow, so although I liked the formula it was all pretty much unwearable. I have NC15 skin and terre neuve is perfect for me. I wouldn't really quite call it a pink so much as a more neutral color (because as you can see in the image it really still does have yellow undertones, theres just a bit more pink in there as well). Does that help?

MarieMary

I just posted an image on my blog, but here it is for all of you!

Finland is on the left and terra neuve is on the left
Thank you, Rachel! :)
Terre Neuve does seem lighter and less yellow than Finland, but it still looks darker than I wanted it to be.

lenamonster

I got the Chantilly concealer and the Terre Neuve PRTM. Here are swatches:

First on the left is the Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, next is the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve which is much darker. And for comparison the next swatch is Diorskin Nude in 010 Ivory which is their lightest colour & it's a bit darker than the Terre Neuve.

When the I blend the PRTM out on my face it actually does look like a match, well almost. These swatches are very heavy. But ya I don't understand why Nars just doesn't make a light PRTM colour like the Chantilly concealer. I wonder what they think the Chantilly concealer goes with....
I don't have Finland anymore, I wish I did so I could compare Terre Neuve to it, somehow I remember Finland being slightly lighter?

Aquamarine1543

I got the Chantilly concealer and the Terre Neuve PRTM. Here are swatches:

First on the left is the Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, next is the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve which is much darker. And for comparison the next swatch is Diorskin Nude in 010 Ivory which is their lightest colour & it's a bit darker than the Terre Neuve.

When the I blend the PRTM out on my face it actually does look like a match, well almost. These swatches are very heavy. But ya I don't understand why Nars just doesn't make a light PRTM colour like the Chantilly concealer. I wonder what they think the Chantilly concealer goes with....
I don't have Finland anymore, I wish I did so I could compare Terre Neuve to it, somehow I remember Finland being slightly lighter?

Thanks for the comparison and swatch. It's really helpful!
bouquet.gif

Oh man, I'm little disappointed cuz Terre Neuve isn't lighter than I expected.
It looks quite similar to Diorskin Nude 010, based on your swatch. I used Diorskin Nude in 010 and it's darker than my skintone. Besides, it's pinker than I thought.
I have Finland which is also dark on my skin and I think TN is slightly lighter/less orange(just a little bit) than Finland b/c I don't see a big difference between them.
I agree that why NARS doesn't make a light TM (just light ivory which doesn't have pink or orange undertone!!).

I went to the counter today and my MUA said I should use Chantilly b/c he said Creamy Concealers are darker than stick concealers. (I use a stick concealer in Vanilla.)
How do I use Chantilly and Terre Neuve together since TN is quite darker than Chantilly!!

MarieMary

Thank you lenamonster, that's very nice of you to share. And so incredibly helpful.
thmbup.gif

I'm floored. I really didn't expect Terre Neuve to be that dark compared to Chantilly. I am so disappointed.

I guess I'll keep making my own tinted moisturizer by mixing Siberia Sheer Glow with my daily moisturizer. :( :( :(

lenamonster

Exactly, I've been doing a lot of blending so that it doesn't look so light under the eyes compared to the face. It's not as noticeable as it would seem. If I get my face on today I'll post a picture wearing both of them. Maybe Nars will hear us and make a truly light colour. Because I know I am not getting a tan this summer!

Aquamarine1543

Thank you lenamonster, that's very nice of you to share. And so incredibly helpful.
thmbup.gif

I'm floored. I really didn't expect Terre Neuve to be that dark compared to Chantilly. I am so disappointed.

I guess I'll keep making my own tinted moisturizer by mixing Siberia Sheer Glow with my daily moisturizer. :( :( :(

Me too.I'm not going to buy Terre Neuve.:( soooo disappointed.

Rachel Liane

The thing that you guys also need to realize is that it is a tinted moisturizer and therefore very, very sheer and as such you can get away with a color that may not be exactly what you need. I'm very picky about my foundation shades matching perfectly, but I'm a bit more lenient when it comes to a tinted moisturizer.

MarieMary

I get what you're saying. But when you're very very pale, even a sheer layer of a tinted moisturizer a bit too dark is noticeable, and not just a little. Also I'd use it primarily on the center of my face so if it's darker/more orange than my neck + chest area, it looks weird and not good at all. I know, I've seen that with other brands.

Everything is more noticeable on very light skin: hairs, peach fuzz, pimples, acne scars, redness, veins, etc... I battle enough everyday with those, lol.

Aquamarine1543

I get what you're saying. But when you're very very pale, even a sheer layer of a tinted moisturizer a bit too dark is noticeable, and not just a little. Also I'd use it primarily on the center of my face so if it's darker/more orange than my neck + chest area, it looks weird and not good at all. I know, I've seen that with other brands.

Everything is more noticeable on very light skin: hairs, peach fuzz, pimples, acne scars, redness, veins, etc... I battle enough everyday with those, lol.

I agree with you.
Besides, I think NARS TM is more like a light coverage foundation to me rather than regular TMs like the ones from Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier b/c I think it has quite good coverage and it's not as sheer as them! So everything is more noticeable if people have paler skin just like you said.:)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree with you.
Besides, I think NARS TM is more like a light coverage foundation to me rather than regular TMs like the ones from Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier b/c I think it has quite good coverage and it's not as sheer as them! So everything is more noticeable if people have paler skin just like you said.:)
That's actually what I liked about it. I'm not a huge fan of TMs usually, but I did like the radiant effect that I got from this one. I will try TN, since the lightest Dior shades tend to look OK on me, but I was hoping for something similar to the Mont Blanc/ Siberia range. I have found that Lush's colour supplement in Jackie Oates is a good tint for very pale ladies. That's actually my go to when I want a very light foundation.

Aquamarine1543

That's actually what I liked about it. I'm not a huge fan of TMs usually, but I did like the radiant effect that I got from this one. I will try TN, since the lightest Dior shades tend to look OK on me, but I was hoping for something similar to the Mont Blanc/ Siberia range. I have found that Lush's colour supplement in Jackie Oates is a good tint for very pale ladies. That's actually my go to when I want a very light foundation.

That's the same reason why I like NARS TMs. I'm not a huge fan of TMs either b/c they turn out to be really messy only after few hours.
Let us know if you try Terre Neuve! :)

Shadowy Lady

I agree with MarieMary. I have light medium skintone that goes from NW20 ish in winter to NW30 in summer. I can wear shade Alaska all year long though coz it's sheer enough. However, my very pale sister (who's too pale for MAC, prob NW10 or so) got a sample of Light 1 in Nars TM and it is still too dark for her even if she wears it very sheer. We both love Nars but she's still annoyed at this TM business and lack of lighter shades.