NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation

shontay07108

Alright, I couldn't wait until tomorrow and risk messing up my face when I'm just trying to get out the door. I just can't keep this foundation unfortunately. I am not comfortable with the way it looks in flash. I used it very sparingly, worked it into my skin, used a different setting powder and same results. At least I didn't get any dry patches, but I'm just not comfortable with this and honestly, it doesn't seem to be a great color match. I won't try the other shades because I know Cadiz is too pink and Macao is too dark. I'll just go get the D&G creamy foundation.

Monsy

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'll just go get the D&G creamy foundation.

I've been wanting to try it for a while.

Ingenue

Alright, I couldn't wait until tomorrow and risk messing up my face when I'm just trying to get out the door. I just can't keep this foundation unfortunately. I am not comfortable with the way it looks in flash. I used it very sparingly, worked it into my skin, used a different setting powder and same results. At least I didn't get any dry patches, but I'm just not comfortable with this and honestly, it doesn't seem to be a great color match. I won't try the other shades because I know Cadiz is too pink and Macao is too dark. I'll just go get the D&G creamy foundation.
Awww... I'm sorry Shontay. I totally agree that you should take it back if you're even just a little uncomfortable with it. You know what works for you. D&G all the way!

KiKi Kontour

Here are some swatches of Tahoe from my blog. I love the way the foundation makes my skin look but I am not too sure about the color. when I put it all over my face I look a bit orangey.I have a feeling I might just end up buying Syracus and mixing it because at this point I will never be satisfied with any foundation color (except face and body) so I might just need to take it upon myself to start mixing colors which suck.

that looks like a good match to me!!

im excited to try the cream foundation. i actually liked mac studio tech n heard the nars version is ST to the 10th power!! EEEEK!! only thing is...cream foundations i'll use em up too fast lol but i got sheer glow n matte in Tahoe n plan to stick to the same for the cream (looooove the concealers-i use ginger) FYI MUFE 170, mac f&b C6 and im more a med/drk when i use mac msf:

sheer matte-which i prefer. i like matte finishes tho

sheer glow-i'd use moreso for those quick running errands kinda days when i dnt wanna be too fancy

cleeeeearly i was glowing!!
angelic.gif

MissTT

Discontinuing Tahoe? Across the board??? I'd almost say that can't be true b/c they wouldn't have released that shade in the new formula only to ditch it. Maybe Sephora is just ceasing to carry it. What a travesty.

DILLIGAF

I currently use Trinidad in the Sheer Glow and get a great match. I've currently been working the hell out of my Pure Tinted Moisturizer in Seychelles. I'm going to check this out soon. I was recently suggested to try New Orleans but I worry its going to be too dark. Nordstrom here I come.

MarieMary

Discontinuing Tahoe? Across the board??? I'd almost say that can't be true b/c they wouldn't have released that shade in the new formula only to ditch it. Maybe Sephora is just ceasing to carry it. What a travesty.
It is more likely that Sephora will stop carrying it. Like MissTT said, NARS has just launched a brand new foundation with Tahoe included, so it makes very little sense that they would discontinue the shade.
However Sephora is notorious (at least in France) for not carrying certain shades (the lightest, the darkest and a few in between) for ... reasons.
th_rolleye0014.gif
So they might start doing that in other countries maybe? Any way, it does suck.

califabulous

No Tahoe in my Sephora either (Walnut Creek, CA). I don't remember seeing it in Emeryville either?? I swatched macao which seemed matchable but I could tell it was a little too... something...Cadiz always looks ok on my arm but on the face it a definite no. I suspect the Tahoe in the this formula would be too light. But I'm completely oily and my skin has a mind of it's own so I know I won't be buying this foundation. I'll stick with my research of BB's and CC's. That will keep me busy for now...lol

KiKi Kontour

No Tahoe in my Sephora either (Walnut Creek, CA). I don't remember seeing it in Emeryville either?? I swatched macao which seemed matchable but I could tell it was a little too... something...Cadiz always looks ok on my arm but on the face it a definite no. I suspect the Tahoe in the this formula would be too light. But I'm completely oily and my skin has a mind of it's own so I know I won't be buying this foundation. I'll stick with my research of BB's and CC's. That will keep me busy for now...lol
loooove BB's! its mainly the only thing i wear in the summer time or whenever the weather is hot. have u tried any? i use smashbox n mac's new one but smashbox leaves a more matte finish for me. CC's are ok but i havent seen a big diff than BB

Prettypackages

What have you been using? or what have you found out?

I quoted more ppl but lost it. oh well, I guess this is enough! LOL

I went to the Nars counter looking for a powder and she tried this on me. She also put me in cadiz, I felt like I looked Ghostly on my forehead, but great everywhere else and it blended into my neck well. I will have to use bronzer (or maybe the new chanel powder?)
I thought the foundation felt great. My skin was super irritated, and looked horrible when I went in, and it actually was pretty soothing. Might have been a fluke though.
When I got home, my nose was shiny as hell, and most of the makeup besides the blush and eye paints, slide off my face rather quickly. I had the same issue with a BB Cream Compact. I'll give it a few more tries before I give up.

califabulous

Cadiz has been my match, but hte next one down is to red for me. I had to go the Tinted Moisturizer.
Is the one in the compact? I'll need to try it again. It broke me out.

Did you stick with this? It looks good to me?
Thanks, I'll have to do this b/c right now my foundation is too light for my forehead but perfect everywhere else.

Now if she is Cadiz, I think I'm matched up wrong....
Good tips, thank you,

Can't wait to do this! Been too lazy the last two times I went.

I'm the same way... I used to hate wearing foundation b/c it took away my natural coloring. I just want to cover up the hyperpigmentation. But I'm working diligently to get my face back to where it used to be. I'm going to try the bronzing trick for now. I too, refuse to buy two foundations.

What have you been using? or what have you found out?

I quoted more ppl but lost it. oh well, I guess this is enough! LOL

I went to the Nars counter looking for a powder and she tried this on me. She also put me in cadiz, I felt like I looked Ghostly on my forehead, but great everywhere else and it blended into my neck well. I will have to use bronzer (or maybe the new chanel powder?)
I thought the foundation felt great. My skin was super irritated, and looked horrible when I went in, and it actually was pretty soothing. Might have been a fluke though.
When I got home, my nose was shiny as hell, and most of the makeup besides the blush and eye paints, slide off my face rather quickly. I had the same issue with a BB Cream Compact. I'll give it a few more tries before I give up.
So,I've used Dior BB cream -the darkest is 004 -it matches well. pretty light coverage. I like it, it feels moisturizing and not heavy. Doesn't cover much of my hyperpigmentation just softens the look a bit. I was working from a sample and I've used it about 4 times. I have to blot often...this one is supposed to be hydrating so that makes sense. The other is smashbox bb in dark. It is a good match. Adds color as it is thicker(?) than dior but also gives more of a matte finish. This works much better with my oily skin. Coverage is better but I am not sure if that is because of the shade depth or the coverage factor.

DILLIGAF

Just like I thought New Orleans is too dark too red for me. Once again Trinidad is the perfect match for me in this foundation. I didn't get it though because I have a couple of foundations that I need to work through. God knows I've not touched a real foundation in almost six months. It's been way too hot here for that! My Tinted Moisturizer is providing the lightweight coverage I need in the hot and humid south Florida weather right now.

Knope2012

I ordered Sheer Glow in Deauville today. I hope it's a match; my MAC foundation keeps wearing off of all of my problem areas after a few hours. I may try this next.

Monsy

I ordered Sheer Glow in Deauville today. I hope it's a match; my MAC foundation keeps wearing off of all of my problem areas after a few hours. I may try this next.
what's your skin type? do you wear any kind of a primer?

lenamonster

Hi, I wasn't sure if you all were aware or not but Nars is having a sampling "contest" right now through their Facebook for their Radiant Cream Compact Foundation. Everyday they're giving away 100 samples of a different shade.

https://www.facebook.com/narscosmetics/app_562295720470456

chsai

Hi, I wasn't sure if you all were aware or not but Nars is having a sampling "contest" right now through their Facebook for their Radiant Cream Compact Foundation. Everyday they're giving away 100 samples of a different shade.

Thanks I definitely try it.

Knope2012

what's your skin type? do you wear any kind of a primer?
I have combo skin. My match in my sig is wrong, but I can't remember how to change it. When I had my wedding makeup done, she matched me as an NC20. I do wear a primer, though not one of the pricy ones. I have redness and acne scarring, so what I might need is a good concealer.

Edit: Okay, figured out how to change my signature. It should be right now.

MissTT

Goodie! Now I just have to remember September 21st.

Latest posts