NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers

Prettypackages

I got caramel and amande. Caramel seems to light for me and amande seems to dark, which is the issue I had with their other concealers. Besides them being a creasey mess. So we'll see.

aradhana

I got caramel and amande. Caramel seems to light for me and amande seems to dark, which is the issue I had with their other concealers. Besides them being a creasey mess. So we'll see.
do you use anything to set them? i also had the old ones crease on me, but they were the stick type. i have the best luck with fluid type concealers that i can set with powder.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Kind of answered my own question. I went to The Bay today and they had just put the display out. It has places for the new shades of tinted moisturizer, but they hadn't received those yet. I tried Vanilla on, since I thought Chantilly was a little too white and bright and it was a dead-on perfect match. [i'm a pretty dead-on match for mont blanc normally, although i can also wear siberia in the winter and at my most tanned, i can wear deauville.] i couldn't resist and dabbed a little under my eyes on the way home and... WOW. I could seriously see the brightening effect immediately. It seemed to wake my whole face up.

I've honestly never met a concealer that really wowed me. Mac's Prolongwear has good coverage, but I find it can look kind of heavy. Dior's hydrating concealer is nice and looks natural, but it doesn't have quite enough coverage for me. Other's have looked caky under my eyes, or just haven't done much good. I hope this one wears well, because if it does, it's my new go-to.

aradhana

Anyone seen this in Canada yet? I was at Sephora and Murale and didn't see it in either location. I've decided this is definitely going to be my next concealer.
i haven't seen it. dunno why it's so slow to get stuff here...it's not as though we're THAT far north....
side note - have you tried the gosh click-click concealers? i've been enjoying those lately...esp there's a green one for canceling redness...

katred

Specktra Bestie
i haven't seen it. dunno why it's so slow to get stuff here...it's not as though we're THAT far north....
side note - have you tried the gosh click-click concealers? i've been enjoying those lately...esp there's a green one for canceling redness...
I have. Those are nice and they're easy to carry in the purse. I've been quite happy with most things I've tried from Gosh, actually. The marker-style eye liners are nice as well.
The circles under my eyes have been crazy lately, so the Nars concealer is definitely having to prove its worth. So far, so good.

aradhana

I have. Those are nice and they're easy to carry in the purse. I've been quite happy with most things I've tried from Gosh, actually. The marker-style eye liners are nice as well.
The circles under my eyes have been crazy lately, so the Nars concealer is definitely having to prove its worth. So far, so good.
yes! i love the click clicks for the purse. i haven't tried their marker liners. i'm holding off on the nars concealers for now...i have a mineralize one from mac that i'm pretty happy with, so until it finishes (probably more likely it'll go off first), i'm going to restrain myself from getting another.

Winthrop44

Yep on the too light of a shade! Chanels concealer.10 is the perfect skin match for me. Its their lightest shade but its not that light at all. In fact it looks very much like the Nars shade Custard which I think I will get. Honey looks a bit too orange dark for me. But, I trust her opinion so maybe I'm wrong. I love the Chanel one so much but for some reason I still want to try the Nars one.
I got the Honey and it was too dark & orangey for me.

elegant-one

Well I ordered the wrong color - Custard - from Nordies before I actually got to see them today. So I ended up with Vanilla. Like Kate, it was a dead on perfect match for me. Custard was sooooo yellow that it looked weird on my skin. I haven't tried it under my eyes yet. I'll try it tomorrow. It looked so lovely on my arm skin.

Winthrop - Vanilla for you too
girlhaha.gif

Odelia

I bet I will have to send Honey back for Vanilla lol. Argh!
I will try and remain hopeful until my order gets here and I rip the box apart to get at it and test it :D

Monsy

I was thinking vanilla too, but i only need it for under my eyes and i think it will be too light. Honey looks better for neutralizing dark circles.

Winthrop44

Honey was ok as a corrector, but if I blended it out enough to where it didn't look noticeably orange under my foundation I lost the correction. It was just too orange & dark for me. I know Cafemakeup also likes Tom Ford Amber Eclat as a corrector and I couldn't get that to work on me either for the same reason. I'm going to try both Custard and Vanilla. I do find that yellow neutralizes any darkness under my eyes very well, so I think I might even like Custard topped or mixed with Vanilla.

elegant-one

Well, I just put this on & I LOVE how it makes me look.It really does not look like concealer & blends perfectly to my own skin color. And, I noticed what Shontay said, that if you use it to spot correct on your face, you cannot see where you put it but it covers the spot flawlessly. Very nice.
I still like my Chanel concealer, but may gravitate toward this. The Chanel 10 is a tad more yellow than Nars Vanilla & covers just a tad more than the Nars one. The Chanel concealer has a bit more luminosity glow to it than the Nars.

The Custard shade is weirdly yellow. It may look better blended out, but it looked a bit strange on my skin. I recommend seeing them in person if you can. The Nars lady gave me a strange disapproving look & asked, why would you get Custard?
girlhaha.gif
The lightest shade is so white/light that you would have to be almost casper pale to wear it.

Winthrop44

I know...the swatches of that lightest shade are crazy white! Now why can't they make a lighter shade in the TM? The new Terre Neuve is not very light at all. I guess they don't think whoever is going to buy that lightest concealer is interested in TM???

elegant-one

Yeah, that is odd.

I just looked in the mirror again, & I cannot believe how good/natural this looks. There is absolutely no distinction between my face skin & my eye area. It just looks like thats the way my eye area is naturally
icon_eek.gif
, which it is not! I used it over my lids too which I normally do not do with concealer. I'm really really loving it. Now I have to see if my contacts like it after a few hours.

I was going to take pics, but I think for this product its kind of a waste.

MarieMary

I know...the swatches of that lightest shade are crazy white! Now why can't they make a lighter shade in the TM? The new Terre Neuve is not very light at all. I guess they don't think whoever is going to buy that lightest concealer is interested in TM???
Excellent question. Nars make some great very light shades for foundations and concealers, yet they refuse to make one for tinted moisturizers. It baffles (and annoys) me.
From what I've read ever since the tinted moisturizers came out, there is quite a bunch of customers interested in a very light (Siberia / Chantilly) tinted moisturizer. I was hopeful Terre Neuve was lighter than Finland, but apparently it's like Finland except pinker. NARS, I am disappoint.

Another rant: Sephora France, you suck for only offering 6 of the concealer shades, not offering the lightest and darkest shades. Booooo.
There I'm done. Sorry about that.

Thank you all for the reviews. :) I'm sure those combined with the tinted moisturizer and set with the light reflecting setting powder are a killer combination for amazing-looking skin.

Monsy

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
The Nars lady gave me a strange disapproving look & asked, why would you get Custard? T

I was thinking the same thing when I read that you got custard bit did not want to say anything
girlhaha.gif

what chanel concealer are you talking about? I love concealers and I love trying new ones. Does it cover well and does it settle into lines? I have dark circles, dry skin and lines boo I know awful combination

elegant-one

I was thinking the same thing when I read that you got custard bit did not want to say anything
girlhaha.gif

what chanel concealer are you talking about? I love concealers and I love trying new ones. Does it cover well and does it settle into lines? I have dark circles, dry skin and lines boo I know awful combination
lol.gif
Oh, you should have! Like what are you thinking girl...
girlhaha.gif
On the monitor, it looked the most similar in shade to the Chanel one. Not so much in person.

They only have one - the long lasting concealer. I have tried every concealer there is on planet earth, trying to replace a waterproof one from Almay (long ago discontinued) that was the best amazing concealer ever. So, I got the Chanel one & I really really love it. Its not dry, does not cake or settle into lines. It has a more of a glow finish to it. It last on me until I take it off. It covers my dark circles/redness/blue pretty darn well. It smell softly divine and I don't care for scented makeup. I use the lightest shade which is 10 which on me, looks very natural on.
I'm pretty sure that Winthrop using the same one/shade.

This is it:
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Concealer-CORRECTEUR-PERFECTION-88663?sku=88664

elegant-one

Ok, so I took some pics. Chanel 10 - left, Nars Vanilla - right. And then I blended them out on the last pic which was kind of a heavier swatch.

Chanel 10 - left, Nars Vanilla - right

Latest posts