NARS Spring 2013

Aquamarine1543

The color of Bouthan looks amazing. I wish I could get, but pink eyeshadows always turn to be really reddish on my eyelids.:S Pink blushes and lipsticks are perfect for me, but eyeshadows aren't. Maybe I could use Bouthan as a blush?!
girlhaha.gif

cindypltnm81

Okay, finally dived in and made my purchase! NARS Persia single e/s and Seduction blush! Could not resist these two items! Can't wait to do a look with these beauties:)

Dominique33

It's funny, because her comments indicate the colours are difficult to work with, but her swatches look amazing.
Yes some girls indicate the texture is difficult to work with and others give a final grade of A- so far I know, well in any case I need this duo !
cheerleader.gif
Douce France is very pretty but this one has more glitter, I love it !

elegant-one

That blush is just stunning! I cannot wait to get it. I think I actually may try Persia es. I would wear mine with a dark smokey brown es & then use Persia lightly over it in the crease & then just a pop of it right over my pupil in the center of my lids

KiKi Kontour

That blush is just stunning! I cannot wait to get it. I think I actually may try Persia es. I would wear mine with a dark smokey brown es & then use Persia lightly over it in the crease & then just a pop of it right over my pupil in the center of my lids
greeeat idea!!!

Nars LOVEJOY was my first blush ever n i've been hooked on blushes esp nars ever since! i know some folks think its over rated but i love how pigmented they are and im sure they'll last til the end of time. i actually had Exhibit A but got scared cuz its soooo dmn bright n i was scared i'd look like a clown so i got mac frankly scarlet but i think im ready to go back n bring exhibit a back home for a permanent spot in the stash
bouquet.gif
now i keep hearing great things bout douceur so i might add that to my list as well **cha-ching** i swear i work for makeup these days!!
thud.gif

cindypltnm81

uh yea 7-8 hrs is dmn good n really all i'd need to step in the room n have folks admire me then go on bout my merry little way lol. hahaha i go to see T color descriptions n swatches to make sure i dnt get anything close to somethin already n my stash!! :lol:  i always secretly thought to myself "for someone who is really into makeup her skills are...." but since im appreciative for her reviews i focus on that alone!! now i will say mac lipglasses are tackier than floral print shirt w/plaid pants BUT BB lip gloss arent pigmented and for as much as they COST i need to see some dmn color!! plus i dnt like how some have that brush applicator vs the doey sponge one!! ugh!!! ok so i keep hearing bout this yachiyo brush from nars and im wondering...is it reallllly worth gettin it. i mean im a blush whooore but dmn $50 for a freakin brush is NOT making me quiff :shock: the new bday gift should be the Benefits Watts Up n mascara thats EXACTLY what im getting. that persia is everything i dreamed of n more plus i have nothing like it in my stash!! im gonna introduce persia to galapagos so they can get together n make sweet love on my eyes :kiss: greeeat idea!!! Nars LOVEJOY was my first blush ever n i've been hooked on blushes esp nars ever since! i know some folks think its over rated but i love how pigmented they are and im sure they'll last til the end of time. i actually had Exhibit A but got scared cuz its soooo dmn bright n i was scared i'd look like a clown so i got mac frankly scarlet but i think im ready to go back n bring exhibit a back home for a permanent spot in the stash :bouquet:  now i keep hearing great things bout douceur so i might add that to my list as well **cha-ching** i swear i work for makeup these days!! :thud:
Yachiyo brush is an unique one! I know it's pricey, but if you can splurge on it...you will love it! I purchased NARS seduction, because its color I would wear and it will be added to my massive blush collection. NARS Persia reminds me of Mac saffron ( LE item), but it will go perfect with Galapagos and Mekong as well:) I'm surprise no one has switched up yet!

Rads

I got the Yachiyoooooooooo
nanaparty.gif

Hehheeeeeeeeeeeeee...and I still wonder if it's worth all that money..and does it really dooo annnnything?? I don't want to like it..at all...but then I take some really pigmented blush and swipe it on with the Yachiyo and it's soooooo beautiful! I don't know what's in that brush...!!!

cindypltnm81

I got the Yachiyoooooooooo :nanas:   Hehheeeeeeeeeeeeee...and I still wonder if it's worth all that money..and does it really dooo annnnything??  I don't want to like it..at all...but then I take some really pigmented blush and swipe it on with the Yachiyo and it's soooooo beautiful!  I don't know what's in that brush...!!!    [/quote The brush uniqueness for me is due to the way it's shape and the minimum that is picked up! It's brush made for nars blushes...really any pigmented blush!

Rads

That's true..it really is made for the pigmented blushes. I used it a couple of times with some of my Chanel blushes, which are very "mild" compared to some of the NARS ones..and there is hardly any color seen on my skin... I want to try the Hakuhodo one too - never tried any of their brushes and everyone raves about them.

I got some of the NARS eye brushes too..I think they are nice, but I don't have any other higher-end/MAC brushes to compare them with....

MarieMary

ok so i keep hearing bout this yachiyo brush from nars and im wondering...is it reallllly worth gettin it. i mean im a blush whooore but dmn $50 for a freakin brush is NOT making me quiff
icon_eek.gif
It's pretty expensive, and I long hesitated before I got mine, but I think that it's a fabulous brush, that can be used for blush, highlight, or even the eyes for a sheer wash of color all over the lid. It's perfectly suited for highly pigmented NARS blushes. I've had mine for a while, and it doesn't shed, and it's still great. I can't even remember how I applied blush before I got this brush. Yes, it's worth it imho. Maybe you can go to a NARS counter and see for yourself how it performs?

katred

Specktra Bestie
That's a very elegant ;) eye look you've just described. I love it!

It's pretty expensive, and I long hesitated before I got mine, but I think that it's a fabulous brush, that can be used for blush, highlight, or even the eyes for a sheer wash of color all over the lid. It's perfectly suited for highly pigmented NARS blushes. I've had mine for a while, and it doesn't shed, and it's still great. I can't even remember how I applied blush before I got this brush. Yes, it's worth it imho. Maybe you can go to a NARS counter and see for yourself how it performs?
I absolutely agree. It's so soft and applies powder delicately, so it's a great option for going slowly with a pigmented blush, but you can also pick up quite a bit of powder and use it for a really bright look (LEARN FROM MY FAIL: If you do this, make sure you clean the brush thoroughly before using it to apply a highlighter the next morning.) The fact that it weighs very little makes it difficult to be too heavy-handed.

Worth every penny IMO.

elegant-one

That's a very elegant ;) eye look you've just described. I love it!

bouquet.gif

Ok, I had never heard of this brush before this thread. I think I need it
sigh.gif

EDIT: I just ordered that brush!
girlhaha.gif

MissTT

The Yachiyo is wonderful for highly pigmented blushes. It is a tad scratchy IMHO (or maybe not as soft as I was expecting a $50 brush to be) and I've had a few bristles fallout, but not enough to ruin my makeup. We're talking maybe 4-5. Due to it's shape you can also highlight and contour with it pretty easily. Since it's a bit pointy you can also dust powder under the eyes to set concealer. I just use it for pigmented blushes though. While I like it, I'm not sure it's worth 50 duckets. I'd take advantage of the Beauty.com and/or NARS 20% off sales or Sephora's VIB sale to get a discount. Oh or a GiltCity coupon. The Real Techniques blush brush has also received fantastic reviews in its use with pigmented blushes and it's very affordable. I used it once, but gave it to my daughter b/c I had the Yachiyo. (I was wanting a secondary blush brush for my non-pigmented blushes.) It's very soft, no shedding, stands up on your counter, is cruelty-free, and dries quickly. My other NARS brushes are the Small Dome #12, Ita, and Smudge #15.

Rads

bouquet.gif

Ok, I had never heard of this brush before this thread. I think I need it
sigh.gif

EDIT: I just ordered that brush!
girlhaha.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was fast :D :D You might stare at it for a bit when you get it, though..it's really teeeny tiny...and so light..and mine came all smashed and looked beaten up too :| And it isn't supersoft either..and I had a bristle or two fall off too, just like Miss TT mentioned in her comment, but it works..defies logic..but it does :p :D

Rads

The Yachiyo is wonderful for highly pigmented blushes. It is a tad scratchy IMHO (or maybe not as soft as I was expecting a $50 brush to be) and I've had a few bristles fallout, but not enough to ruin my makeup. We're talking maybe 4-5. Due to it's shape you can also highlight and contour with it pretty easily. Since it's a bit pointy you can also dust powder under the eyes to set concealer. I just use it for pigmented blushes though. While I like it, I'm not sure it's worth 50 duckets. I'd take advantage of the Beauty.com and/or NARS 20% off sales or Sephora's VIB sale to get a discount. Oh or a GiltCity coupon. The Real Techniques blush brush has also received fantastic reviews in its use with pigmented blushes and it's very affordable. I used it once, but gave it to my daughter b/c I had the Yachiyo. (I was wanting a secondary blush brush for my non-pigmented blushes.) It's very soft, no shedding, stands up on your counter, is cruelty-free, and dries quickly. My other NARS brushes are the Small Dome #12, Ita, and Smudge #15.
I got mine with the NARS 20% off..and I have the smudge, and the domes :D

It did shed for me too..and I don't find it supersoft either..."maybe not as soft as I was expecting a $50 brush to be" is just what I thought!!

MissTT

I got mine with the NARS 20% off..and I have the smudge, and the domes :D
It did shed for me too..and I don't find it supersoft either..."maybe not as soft as I was expecting a $50 brush to be" is just what I thought!!
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who wasn't "entranced." Don't get me wrong. It's clearly a nice brush. It's just I had never spent that much on a brush up to that point and was expecting
th_thstars.gif
the way people carried on about it. The thing that surprised me the most is how soft it wasn't. I'm hoping a few more washing/conditioning cycles will take away the stabbiness of the bristles. Otherwise, it does what it is supposed to do which is diffuse highly pigmented blushes without spreading the color all over your face. The smaller brush head is great for smaller features and targeted application.

Latest posts