NARS Spring 2013

elegant-one

Btw, the powder got such a glowing review on the Makeup Cafe that I'm quite tempted to get it. Photoshop in powder form? Gimme!
Which powder? My mind is on makeup over-load I think
sigh.gif

MarieMary

The Light Reflecting Setting Powders.
All reviews published so far are excellent!
http://www.specktra.net/t/182227/nars-light-reflecting-setting-powders

elegant-one

Ugghhh, this site is having issue again tonight. It keeps telling me that there is a script running. I think that its hanging up on the ads. Its been very very slow this last week. Just an FYI if any admins are reading

lilinah

there's something kinda awesome about looking like a crazy old lady ;)
(cue Elvis voice) Thank you, thank you verrah much. (end Elvis voice)
I don't mind looking like a crazy old lady
tease.gif
because, well, i kinda am one.
cutey.gif
curtsey.gif

I just don't want to look like a cross between a bag lady and Bozo the clown. One reason i don't wear red lipstick...

I've got NARS Bouthan (French spelling for the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan) eyeshadow duo on my wish list. Since i'm pretty much skipping Archie, i'm gonna go for Bouthan. It's funny because clothing-wise i generally avoid pink, but i'm all over pink eyeshadow, or, rather, it's all over me, err, my eyes.

aradhana

tease.gif
cutey.gif
curtsey.gif

I just don't want to look like a cross between a bag lady and Bozo the clown. One reason i don't wear red lipstick...

I've got NARS Bouthan (French spelling for the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan) eyeshadow duo on my wish list. Since i'm pretty much skipping Archie, i'm gonna go for Bouthan. It's funny because clothing-wise i generally avoid pink, but i'm all over pink eyeshadow, or, rather, it's all over me, err, my eyes.
when i saw the promo pics for the iris apfel collection, i decided i totally aspire to looking like her in my future years.

my bouthan duo is on its way to me...so looking forward to it, but just worried that customs is going to whack some kind of crazy fine on me.....i don't know why, but i really didn't think about it when i purchased my stuff online...

KiKi Kontour

persia and seduction ARE permanent right? i hate feelin like i need to get everything at ONE time n dnt use it for months!!

CartoonChic

Lol. Ditto! Sometimes I feel like I just need to get my hands on all the newness even if the items are going to be sticking around.
I feel the same way. I notice that if something is not LE, I tend to wait longer to get it. I don't like that because sometimes I feel like I wait too long and will end up not going back to get it. I'm trying to do a better job of buying both a mix of LE and permanent items when a collection launches instead of only LE.

CartoonChic

I personally apply face powder after everything else. If it is a good match for me and is neither glittery or too mattifying then I may use it allover but if it is mattifying I tend to just put it on my T zone. If it is glittery I would use it as a highlighter. If neutral I think of it as the old fashioned term: setting powder. Sometimes I don't feel much like wearing foundation but want a wee bit of powder and again over blush, concealer whatever else on my face.

Now here is the weird thing. I think of powder as make-up looking since it is another layer. There have been many a year when I either wore nothing on my face except for powder t-zone and a bit of blush or tinted moisturizer and blush... rarely the two, foundation & powder, together. I have just started wearing both and I do the concealer, foundation as needed and powder everywhere to help create a cohesive whole. No clue if that is 'right' but it is where I currently am at. Eh even if it isn't 'right' it is what works for me. Enjoy the makeup that is my philosophy.
Thanks for the tips!

That's a great philosophy to have, elkaknits. I haven't ventured into foundation yet, but I still want to play around with the powder.

katred

Specktra Bestie
tease.gif
cutey.gif
curtsey.gif

I hope that some sense of taste will keep me from "Baggo the Clown" territory, but one never knows. Personally, I find that pink shadows are really flattering on me. Rather than making me look tired or ill (well, most of the time), I find that they wake my eyes up a little. I just make sure that I have some kind of liner on for definition. Of the two duos, Bouthan is the one that I'm likely to get the most use from.

Shadowy Lady

EngineerBarbie - so nice to see you here again! And congrats on the weight loss :) You look amazing!!

Elegant - Persia swatches look awesome! I may have missed it, but did you mention how it compares to MAC Saffron (LE)?

Well Persia better work on me or I'd be mad. If you call something Persia it better look great on Persians....though we're such a wide variety of skintones that I guess it'd be hard to do