NARS Spring 2013

Prettypackages

The lovely Rads made a nice review of Persia Single Eyeshadow. Check it out here:
http://www.weekendramblings.com/2013/01/nars-persia-matte-eyeshadow-review-swatches-fotd.html

I love your idea of pairing it with Thunderball. It makes for a nice wearable look and it suits you very nicely. If you have Autumn Leaves lipstick, I imagine it would look great with this look. :)

Edit: Here's a review of Disoco Inferno by Vampy Varnish:
http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2013/01/nars-disco-inferno-nail-polish-swatches-review
never paid attn to thunderball, it is now on my must have list!!!

elegant-one

Hi folks!!! I've sooo missed you guys.

I know I've been gone for like forever (I had a good reason, trust me), but I did pick up a few items from the NARS Spring 2013 collection. The pic below of me I'm wearing Persia on the eyes (Kilimanjaro on the browbone, Mekong in the crease):

Looking forward to catching up on posts!
Hey doll!!!! I am so happy to see you here again & I Love your new avatar pic - you look beautiful!!! Love how the Nars items look on you too
eyelove.gif

elegant-one

My Nars Yachiyo brush came today. I don't find it to be stiff or scratchy at all. Its not super soft, but not too bad. Yay! It didn't feel like there was anything in the box - just like you guys said.

MissTT

I'm glad you like it, elegant! I was using it again the other day and I'll just say it doesn't "feel good" to use. Most of my other brushes feel nice. I was expecting luxe. Again, it works well and I got a discount.

I received my order last night. Seduction is very raspberry looking. I can see how it would be intimidating. Either I was in a bum mood or my bathroom lighting stunk (I think both were true), but I wasn't excited by any of the three blushes I purchased. I'm wearing Luster now and there's just a little sheen on my cheeks. I'll try Seduction later this week in my bedroom vanity where there's a little more natural light. I can tell I like Seduction I was just not all OMG about it.

elegant-one

I was expecting Seduction to have a bit more plum to it. Ahhh, Miss TT - I hope it was just a mood/lighting thing
pretty.gif

CartoonChic

My Seduction blush was delivered. I love it! The lighiting is too horrible for me to take pics. On me, Seduction is the matte version of Mounia. It's a deep raspberry color and is darker than Dolce Vita. Dolce Vita also appears to be the matte version of Crazed. I need to say "on me" because I've seen swatches were Crazed and Dolce Vita do not look like the same color. But they look similar on me and even in their pans.

I really hope you can make Luster work for you MissTT, especially since I was pushing for you to get it. And thanks for the loose vs pressed powder tip. I don't think I'll be taking the powder with me, so I guess I want the loose version.

aradhana

My Seduction blush was delivered. I love it! The lighiting is too horrible for me to take pics. On me, Seduction is the matte version of Mounia. It's a deep raspberry color and is darker than Dolce Vita. Dolce Vita also appears to be the matte version of Crazed. I need to say "on me" because I've seen swatches were Crazed and Dolce Vita do not look like the same color. But they look similar on me and even in their pans.

I really hope you can make Luster work for you MissTT, especially since I was pushing for you to get it. And thanks for the loose vs pressed powder tip. I don't think I'll be taking the powder with me, so I guess I want the loose version.
great! i passed up mounia a few months ago, but i ordered seduction, so now i don't feel so bad. i'm more of a matte/satin blush person anyway, so just as well.

i finally received my shipping notice - actually the box is at the border, so i hope customs does their stuff quickly and sends it onwards!
did anyone else order the eyeshadow duos as well?

KiKi Kontour

My Nars Yachiyo brush came today. I don't find it to be stiff or scratchy at all. Its not super soft, but not too bad. Yay! It didn't feel like there was anything in the box - just like you guys said.
yaaaay i think i'll take the plunge and use my nordy notes on it...esp since im skippin that mac archie coll

EngineerBarbie

Hey doll!!!! I am so happy to see you here again & I Love your new avatar pic - you look beautiful!!! Love how the Nars items look on you too
eyelove.gif
Hey sweetie! Thanks so much--I've actually lost 20 pounds during my vacay from the forum. Persia is so not the typical color I wear but I had to go for it. NARS gets most of my danged beauty cash. LOL!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks so much. I hear you on the NARS shadows. I try to avoid those compacts as i've got a lot too but Persia is just such a unique shade. Mekong was screaming for it and it looks amazing over the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow in 'Fierce and Tangy' and under the NARS Scorching Sun eyeshadow duo.

Hey sweetie! Thanks so much--I've actually lost 20 pounds during my vacay from the forum. Persia is so not the typical color I wear but I had to go for it. NARS gets most of my danged beauty cash. LOL!
Welcome back!!! Now that you've put the idea of combining Persia with Mekong in my head, I might have to get it myself. (Although that might be a little too dramatic for my eyes.

I love your avatar pic- you look gorgeous!

MaitaiFluff

Has anyone else felt that Seduction looks little like how it does in the pan? It's pretty and I love it, but I'm getting more red that plum out of this. Is my Yachiyo just too gentle in this case?

MissTT

I'm wearing it today and I agree on my cheeks it definitely looks more red than plum.

Speaking of the Yachiyo, I used it again today and mine is definitely scratchy. It does not feel good at all. I wonder if I should try another one? My brush is a dud.

EngineerBarbie

Welcome back!!! Now that you've put the idea of combining Persia with Mekong in my head, I might have to get it myself. (Although that might be a little too dramatic for my eyes.

I love your avatar pic- you look gorgeous!
Thanks! I say you do Persia with Galapagos if you think Mekong would be too dramatic. I've got Persia packed on really heavy on my lids (it's pretty pigmented anyway but I LOVE color) and it's over that Maybelline color tattoo cream eyeshadow in 'Fierce and Tangy'. Alone Persia can be built up from a wash of color. I say you go for it.
pompom.gif

Glad you like my avatar pic. Actually took it to give to one of my 'male friends' serving overseas right now.

elegant-one

bouquet.gif

Congrats on the weight loss! You look fantastic!!! Love your glasses too. My Persia & God/Woman palette is coming tomorrow so I am excited to see how it looks on me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks! I say you do Persia with Galapagos if you think Mekong would be too dramatic. I've got Persia packed on really heavy on my lids (it's pretty pigmented anyway but I LOVE color) and it's over that Maybelline color tattoo cream eyeshadow in 'Fierce and Tangy'. Alone Persia can be built up from a wash of color. I say you go for it.
pompom.gif

Glad you like my avatar pic. Actually took it to give to one of my 'male friends' serving overseas right now.
I'll bet he was very happy about that!
kissy.gif

I think that I could do a version that I was comfortable with. Mekong is certainly one of my favourite and most used shadows. I'd just have to make sure I didn't pile on so much pigment that I looked like a crazy old lady.