NARS Spring 2013

MissTT

I think its different enough to own. Its the perfect match for the blush! Its a deeper wine strawberry red with the most amazing gold shimmer. It makes my lips look lush & it lasts incredibly well. Other reds are more red or pink in comparison. its just lovely on. I wore it all day today.
Ugh, you! *shakesfist*

elegant-one

Elegant, this was the final nail in the coffin.
thud.gif

Off I go to order DTK, Seduction and Persia! :)
lol.gif

I think those 3 are an amazing trio! You will love them.

Yachiyo brush is an unique one! I know it's pricey, but if you can splurge on it...you will love it! I purchased NARS seduction, because its color I would wear and it will be added to my massive blush collection. NARS Persia reminds me of Mac saffron ( LE item), but it will go perfect with Galapagos and Mekong as well:) I'm surprise no one has switched up yet!
I"m new to the forum but I'm a makeup junkie and I am a fan of NARS cosmetics.

I intend on buying the blush, single ES, both ES duos, lipstick and possibly the shadow pencil. I am one of those who have good results with the Nars Shadow pencils. However, I do use them as I beleive Nars created them to work, i.e to be used with powder shadow over them. The shadow pencils are an oil based instead of a wax base as with many other pencils. Also, the shadow pencil does not contain any waterproof, water-resistant or setting agents.

http://www.weekendramblings.com/2013/01/nars-dressed-to-kill-lipstick-swatches-review-fotd.html

CartoonChic

I couldn't wait any longer. I ordered Seduction, but decided to get Madly blush instead of Dressed to Kill lipstick. I wanted to scratch another blush of my list. I will get Dressed to Kill later along with Disco Inferno polish. I'll take comparison pics of Seduction when it arrives.

CartoonChic

I intend on buying the blush, single ES, both ES duos, lipstick and possibly the shadow pencil. I am one of those who have good results with the Nars Shadow pencils. However, I do use them as I beleive Nars created them to work, i.e to be used with powder shadow over them. The shadow pencils are an oil based instead of a wax base as with many other pencils. Also, the shadow pencil does not contain any waterproof, water-resistant or setting agents.

http://www.weekendramblings.com/2013/01/nars-dressed-to-kill-lipstick-swatches-review-fotd.html
th_770016001157748873-final.gif

Audrey C

I'm going to have to try Dressed to Kill. I love NARS red lippies; they're more work friendly than many of my MAC versions.

I think Seduction would be too cool for me - I just gave away Dolce Vita and I don't want to repeat that mistake.

katred

Specktra Bestie

specktra_welcome.gif
You've definitely found some kindred spirits here.

So far, I'm 100% sold on Seduction and Dressed to Kill. The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards grabbing Bouthan and waiting to see if Mad Mad World really calls to me, but who knows what will happen.

i took the plunge and got both seduction blush and dressed to kill lipstick at the nars boutique last week. i'm a bit nervous about the lipstick as it's darker/vampy-er than what i normally wear. i'm most excited about trying the light reflecting loose powder. is that weird? to be this amped about a finishing powder?

elkaknits

Nope I am very curious about it as well. I haven't worn face powder in forever mainly cus I am getting close to 50 and lines and all but after the MAC MM BP I am sold on them. Nars will probably be my next purchase cus I think I missed out on the chanel illuminating from Dec. I had surgery on Nov 30th and missed tons of stuff

CartoonChic

I hope you're feeling better since your surgery, elkaknits.

Can someone please tell me the differences between the loose and the pressed powder? Why would you choose one over the other besides preference? I'm not sure which version would be best for me to get.

elkaknits

When I was younger I always wore loose powder. I liked using the floofity brush or big poof and for some reason it just seemed so much more sophisticated to me. I seem to recall reading that if it was loose you could put it on lighter.... something about them adding stuff to keep the powder compact but since peeps press their loose pigments these days I guess that was wrong. Unless when you press your loose pigments you add something to them. I don't know what I'm talking about

BTW brushes are way easier to wash imo then those sponges they inclose with pressed powder. I always felt like I would be using a oily sponge or contaminating my powder. The loose you can shake out and they tend to have a shaker cap between the container and actual lid so you are not contaminating the entire product. It probably ends up being a personal preference thing

i ended up getting the loose powder because i've been meaning to find a good finishing powder, and i already have a hg blotting powder. i'm using it for the first time today and it's controlling shine in my t-zone very well. after i dusted it on, i noticed that it really smoothed out my complexion without looking cakey; very natural, "skin-like" finish, no white cast. i'm impressed so far!

EngineerBarbie

Hi folks!!! I've sooo missed you guys.

I know I've been gone for like forever (I had a good reason, trust me), but I did pick up a few items from the NARS Spring 2013 collection. The pic below of me I'm wearing Persia on the eyes (Kilimanjaro on the browbone, Mekong in the crease):

Looking forward to catching up on posts!

CartoonChic

When I was younger I always wore loose powder. I liked using the floofity brush or big poof and for some reason it just seemed so much more sophisticated to me. I seem to recall reading that if it was loose you could put it on lighter.... something about them adding stuff to keep the powder compact but since peeps press their loose pigments these days I guess that was wrong. Unless when you press your loose pigments you add something to them. I don't know what I'm talking about

BTW brushes are way easier to wash imo then those sponges they inclose with pressed powder. I always felt like I would be using a oily sponge or contaminating my powder. The loose you can shake out and they tend to have a shaker cap between the container and actual lid so you are not contaminating the entire product. It probably ends up being a personal preference thing
Thanks for this info, and it's great to hear you're feeling better.

th_welcomeback2.png
EngineerBarbie. Persia looks great on you. I'm trying to avoid NARS eyeshadow. I don't want to have a ton compacts, but Persia keeps tempting me.

MissTT

LOL @ floofity. Like you, years ago I heard that something (chemical?) that kept the powder in compact form wasn't great for my oily skin. Perhaps it was potentially pore clogging or something? I don't recall the details. And also like you I feel like loose powder is just cleaner due to the avoidance of a grungy, oil absorbing pad and lighter weight on my skin.
CC - I tend to choose pressed powder if I want it for touch ups on the go. You don't want to carry loose powder in your purse.

MadTheologian

I got MMW and Persia yesterday! Yay! Looking forward to wearing them...after I wax my brows. I skipped on Bouthan because I felt it did not show up on my skin well and although I wanted the gold pencil, I tried a pencil in another color and it did not work out for me.