NARS Spring 2013

CartoonChic

I really like my Yachiyo. I got mine over the holidays with a Gilt City discount voucher. I ordered it directly from NARS' website. I agree that it's not the softest, but I think it wouldn't blend as well if it was too soft. I like using mine to contour with Chanel Notorious. I'm new to contouring, and I feel like I had too much product when I used my MAC 128 and 129 brushes. Luckily, Notorious is somewhat fool proof on my skin tone, but I felt like those brushes blended out the contour too far on my small face. The Yachiyo seemed to keep the contour right in the hallow of my cheeks. I was able to blend it out without covering half of my face. I doubt I'll use the Yachiyo to apply blush. I like seeing the pop of color on my cheeks, so I don't want a faint application.

I've also been very curious about the Hakuhodo brushes for a while now. I'm going to get at least one of their brushes this year. I'm mainly interested in their Vermillion S100 Series brushes.
eyelove.gif

http://www.hakuhodousa.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3&zenid=301bec06e5b79092d89e3697c1d4d7f3

I haven't pulled the trigger on the blush and lipstick yet. They're still sitting in my Sephora cart. I was trying to see if the polish would be appear, but then I remembered what I was waiting for - another discount.
lol.gif
Isn't Sephora coming out with another sale soon? I'm not sure I can continue to be patient. Seduction needs to join its sisters in my collection right away. I also have both Crazed and Mounia to compare.

Kiki, you're a trip! And yes, get Exhibit A.

elegant-one

My blush & ls JUST arrived - I will go takes pics right away! Be right back!

Crap, false alarm - it was the mail
girlhaha.gif
but they will be here shortly & will post the pics right away

Rads

My blush & ls JUST arrived - I will go takes pics right away! Be right back!

Crap, false alarm - it was the mail
girlhaha.gif
but they will be here shortly & will post the pics right away
Haaaa :D Hope you get it sooon...would love to see your photos!!

Rads

An extreeeeeeemely silly question..but would someone tell me what this emoticon is for???
tumbleweed.gif

CartoonChic

An extreeeeeeemely silly question..but would someone tell me what this emoticon is for???
tumbleweed.gif
Lol, it's normally used when you're waiting for something, like for a collection to launch online. You're seeing tumbleweeds pass you by because there's nothing happening yet.

Rads

Lol, it's normally used when you're waiting for something, like for a collection to launch online. You're seeing tumbleweeds pass you by because there's nothing happening yet.
Aaaaaaaaah..okay...thanks...I saw that a lot in the MAC Archies thread
girlhaha.gif

VampyCouture

VampyCouture...that's so sweet of you!! Thank you :) I hope you like the lipstick...but it is a little ...just a litttttle drying..
No problem! A few months back, I went through like, every post of yours lol because I wanted to see how products looked on you before buying! Sucks that it's so drying though :(

Rads

No problem! A few months back, I went through like, every post of yours lol because I wanted to see how products looked on you before buying! Sucks that it's so drying though :(
OMG..! I am superembarrrrrrasssssed :| :D I have some really horrid photos in there...

Not sooo dryinggg..but ya it is..I found the Chanel Rouge Allures much more drying, and a LOT of people would disagree with me on that!

I have been lurking on Specktra for so long now..was too scared to comment anywhere..it's only after I saw the Chanel and NARS threads that I got a little brave and started posting here...and now it's among the first pages I open soon as I log in :D :D Thanks to all of you..for being so friendly and fun!

Rads

girlhaha.gif
I'm afraid to go back into that thread. I was offline for a couple days and then I come back to see over 1000 new posts. There's no way I'm going to catch up.
I love checking the MAC threads...am quite clueless with most things MAC so I won't comment there all that very easily..but it's very informative..and entertaining :D

elegant-one

So, UPS did not deliver until 6:10 which it was already dark by then. I will retake pics tomorrow in good lighting but for now you can look at these. These are taken under a true-lite bulb. The pics & swatches are much better in daylight but I wanted to post something for ya.

The blush is a reddened wine/strawberry on me but not muted or dirty like some of the comparable MAC shades mentioned. Its def. not plum as it appeared in some pics & video shots. The lipstick is a beautiful deeper reddened Strawberry Red with gorgeous golden shimmer. It kind of reminds me of a redder deeper Apres Chic. Its much creamier than other Nars ls that I own. In the one shot I am wearing Nars Schiap nail polish.

Rads

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy...you got the blush and the lipstick! :D

I think your photos are quite accurate with the color!

The only other NARS lipstick I have is Vendanges (okay I also have a matte lipstick but those look different in their packaging) and I found that much more hydrating - but I think that's a completely different formula, isn't it?

So, UPS did not deliver until 6:10 which it was already dark by then. I will retake pics tomorrow in good lighting but for now you can look at these. These are taken under a true-lite bulb. The pics & swatches are much better in daylight. I wanted to post something for ya.

The blush is a reddened strawberry, but not muted or dirty like some of the comparable MAC shades mentioned. Its def. not plum as it appeared in some pics & video shots. The lipstick is a beautiful deeper reddened Strawberry with gorgeous golden shimmer. It kind of reminds me of a redder deeper Apres Chic. Its much creamier than other Nars ls that I own. In the one shot I am wearing Nars Schiap nail polish.

VampyCouture

OMG..! I am superembarrrrrrasssssed :| :D I have some really horrid photos in there...
Not sooo dryinggg..but ya it is..I found the Chanel Rouge Allures much more drying, and a LOT of people would disagree with me on that!

I have been lurking on Specktra for so long now..was too scared to comment anywhere..it's only after I saw the Chanel and NARS threads that I got a little brave and started posting here...and now it's among the first pages I open soon as I log in :D :D Thanks to all of you..for being so friendly and fun!
No, they all looked great! You have some amazing swatches :)

I agree, Specktra is very friendly :)

Don't worry, I'm still getting Dressed to Kill! TBH, dry lipsticks don't really bother me that much. I just have to do a good scrub and hydration routine before I put it on :) Had to learn that method thanks to Ruby Woo

MissTT

Kiki, girl, definitely use your Notes on it. Monopoly money always makes me feel better about buying expensive things.

Latest posts