NARS Spring 2013

Prettypackages

The Yachiyo is wonderful for highly pigmented blushes. It is a tad scratchy IMHO (or maybe not as soft as I was expecting a $50 brush to be) and I've had a few bristles fallout, but not enough to ruin my makeup. We're talking maybe 4-5. Due to it's shape you can also highlight and contour with it pretty easily. Since it's a bit pointy you can also dust powder under the eyes to set concealer. I just use it for pigmented blushes though. While I like it, I'm not sure it's worth 50 duckets. I'd take advantage of the Beauty.com and/or NARS 20% off sales or Sephora's VIB sale to get a discount. Oh or a GiltCity coupon. The Real Techniques blush brush has also received fantastic reviews in its use with pigmented blushes and it's very affordable. I used it once, but gave it to my daughter b/c I had the Yachiyo. (I was wanting a secondary blush brush for my non-pigmented blushes.) It's very soft, no shedding, stands up on your counter, is cruelty-free, and dries quickly. My other NARS brushes are the Small Dome #12, Ita, and Smudge #15.
I have the Real technique brush and like it but i don't have the Yachiyo so I can't compare. But I had two and in a month the base fell off. Although it is nice, it is not something I expect to last a long time.

MarieMary

The lovely Rads made a nice review of Persia Single Eyeshadow. Check it out here:
http://www.weekendramblings.com/2013/01/nars-persia-matte-eyeshadow-review-swatches-fotd.html

I love your idea of pairing it with Thunderball. It makes for a nice wearable look and it suits you very nicely. If you have Autumn Leaves lipstick, I imagine it would look great with this look. :)

Edit: Here's a review of Disoco Inferno by Vampy Varnish:
http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2013/01/nars-disco-inferno-nail-polish-swatches-review

dollluv21

Since Mac spring collection wasnt doing it for me this year , i went ahead and Nars. It appeals to me more. I ordered Seduction blush and persia eyeshadow coudn't pass those up

elegant-one

The lovely Rads made a nice review of Persia Single Eyeshadow. Check it out here:
http://www.weekendramblings.com/2013/01/nars-persia-matte-eyeshadow-review-swatches-fotd.html
Wait a minute....Rads....that is you - weekendramblings??? Oh my gosh if it is I think you are SO lovely beautiful & I always love your pics

Almus

Thanks for those great pictures (as always!) elegant. I am getting the blush and lipstick when the collection is released in stores here =)

elegant-one

Thanks for those great pictures (as always!) elegant. I am getting the blush and lipstick when the collection is released in stores here =)
bouquet.gif
Awww You are so welcome! You will love them both.

Shadowy Lady

Elegant, your pics are always soooo tempting! I have added Seduction to my wishlist. How is the lipstick different from other reds?

MissTT

Wait a minute....Rads....that is you - weekendramblings??? Oh my gosh if it is I think you are SO lovely beautiful & I always love your pics
For someone reason I could picture your face when you figured this out and it made me giggle.
hmm.gif
Yep, that's her. She's on my Google Reader.

Rads

I love your idea of pairing it with Thunderball. It makes for a nice wearable look and it suits you very nicely. If you have Autumn Leaves lipstick, I imagine it would look great with this look. :)

Edit: Here's a review of Disoco Inferno by Vampy Varnish:
http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2013/01/nars-disco-inferno-nail-polish-swatches-review
No Autumn Leaves lipstick :( I threw a temper tantrum fit of sorts when the collection launched.....I ordered almost everything from the NARS website soon as it launched..and waited...and waited...annnnnnnnd waited...then called up....and then calllllllled up again...then they finally shipped it...by FEDEX SMARTPOST..which means it was about 20 days later that I got everything..and I got so mad I returned everything unopened :|

I know it sounds really dumb..but I was so irritated with NARS for just sitting on that order till the whole world got it...and now I feel a little stupid doing that :|

And, thank you! :) :)

Rads

Yikes! Both of them broke right away? Good to know. I was thinking about picking up a couple more. Thank you.
For someone reason I could picture your face when you figured this out and it made me giggle.
hmm.gif
Yep, that's her. She's on my Google Reader.
girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif

Rads

Hehehee...
girlhaha.gif
..is meeeeeeeee :D And thank you! You all are wayyyyyy too nice to me...!

elegant-one

Elegant, your pics are always soooo tempting! I have added Seduction to my wishlist. How is the lipstick different from other reds?
I think its different enough to own. Its the perfect match for the blush! Its a deeper wine strawberry red with the most amazing gold shimmer. It makes my lips look lush & it lasts incredibly well. Other reds are more red or pink in comparison. its just lovely on. I wore it all day today.

Latest posts