Nars Versus Mac Blushes

Abbytabby

I also prefer Nars. Nars is was more pigmented, lasts longer on my skin (With Mac I sometimes need to reapply blush which I hate doing, this problem is even worse with the BPB's) and still look natural.

zabbazooey

NARS all the way! I have Amour -- it's such a versatile, pretty color.

I also have Orgasm -- doesn't really show up. The MA told me it was actually supposed to be used as a highlighter!

MAC blushes don't last as long, and the texture is not as good, IMO.

blinkymei

Thanks for all this helpful info! I was also wondering how many blushes does a beginner makeup user need?

Kiseki

It really depends on what kind of looks you want to attain. To begin with, one or two should do just fine. I have MAC's Buff, NARS Orgasm, Albatross (highlighter) and Zen, Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge's in Stonewashed Pink, Milk Chocolate and Blushed Rose. I'm mainly using the Pot Rouges these days.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
Thanks for all this helpful info! I was also wondering how many blushes does a beginner makeup user need?

Something for everyday that looks fresh, clean, and something more dramatic for night that looks sophisticated without making you feel uncomfortable in it. Contour colours and highlighters are entirely optional. Some people like a couple casual blushes-one more bronzed and one more flushed looking. Every shade and colour are not necessary, the blush should flatter your complexion.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei

I started with just 1 blush, MAC Pink Swoon, and I used that forever but then I branched out. I'd recommend getting one peach and / or one pink blush, and then later you can get one that's a stronger more vibrant colour for special occasions. But 1 or 2 blushes is def enough to start off with!

anshu7

i agree start with one blush and get tht blush in the color of most natural flush (pink/peach/peachy pink) once u get the hang of it u can experiment with other colors.

StArCaNdY

Re: NARS VS MAC blushes

I own both kinds of blushes and honestly I prefer NARS. The blushes are more pigmented and last longer. My personal favorite is Torrid, a peachy color on my NC35 skin.

goink

NARS!
I own more MAC than NARS because I've just started getting into NARS.
NARS blushes are more pigmented. They blend better and last longer. I have combination skin and some MAC blushes do not last on me. I've met MAC blushes that changed colour on my cheeks, but never a NARS.

beauty_marked

NARS for sure. my first ever blush was NARS and ive loved them ever since. I have a few MAC blushes and i find that the beauty powder blushes are similar to NARS foundatiions. Def if u have the money as they are a bit pricey invest in these.

patricia_nun

Thank you all.

I'm gonna buy a few blushes. I've heard NARS' are more pigmented like you have told me. So probably I'll wait for MAC Sonic Chic collection and I'll decide.

Latest posts