Need a recommendation for chapstick!

inyourbox247

Hi! I was told a week ago or so that chapsticks/balms with mint in them actually dry your lips. The chapsticks I've used religiously are Burt's Bees and Aveeno--both of these are minty and I need to reapply many times during the day. If I go a day without either of them my lips are really dry and chapped. I know I definately have dry lips in the winter but now that I'm more aware of it it's obvious it's the chapsticks I'm using. I've tried Carmex and Vaseline and they're just meh for me. I don't like greasy balms like MLS and I haven't had luck with many other chapsticks. Basically I need HELP! lol.
smiles.gif

Someone recommended Aquaphor...any good? I haven't found it in any stores yet though.

knoxydoll

Aquaphor would be almost exactly like Vaseline being that they're both Petroleum Jellies. Why do you try Chapstick brand balm. They have tons of different styles to choose from. I also like Blistex because it has an SPF in it.

inyourbox247

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Aquaphor would be almost exactly like Vaseline being that they're both Petroleum Jellies. Why do you try Chapstick brand balm. They have tons of different styles to choose from. I also like Blistex because it has an SPF in it.

hmm I really don't remember what the reasoning why I didn't like Blistex/Chapstick but I've avoided them both for years lol. I think the ones I had tried were waxy? I'll have to re-check them! I'm very picky about what goes on my lips. Thanks!

lainz

the body shop makes a really nice tub of lip balm. i forget what its called...and i dont know if they have it in different flavors but i have the one in coconut. it immediately makes your lips soft. check it out.

Fairybelle

^^Second vote on the Body Shop lippies. Awesome stuff alone or under lipstick! All flavors are mmmmmmmm....!!!

inyourbox247

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
the body shop makes a really nice tub of lip balm. i forget what its called...and i dont know if they have it in different flavors but i have the one in coconut. it immediately makes your lips soft. check it out.

mmm coconut! One of my favorite scents! Do they last long?

user79

I think the Body Shop lip butters are horrible, personally. Greasy slick on lips, no lasting effect....

My absolute favorite is Weleda Everon lipbalm
200.jpg

It is super moisturizing, not greasy at all, has no flavoring or anything like that, taste neutral, and is made partially with bees wax and other natural ingredients. It absorbs really well and makes my lips really soft.

You can buy it at drugstore.com and other places. I buy mine at the pharmacy.

shortcake

Rosebud Salve, comes in regular, mint, strawberry.... it's the most wonderful lip balm especially under lipstick/gloss! Oh, and the tin lasts FOREVER! Sephora sells it, I think it's like $6.00!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz

i always liked the body shop's balms. they smell so good and they moisturize plus half the time I could wear it by itself because it was so pretty.

I had watermelon, strawberry, and exotic passionfruit. Exotic passionfruit was my favorite. I say give these a try. I use bonne bell strawberry banana chapstick which works okay. Kiehl's also has a vaseline type balm but you probably wouldn't like that.

try the body shop

user46

for my extremely dry lips, i use blistex in the white tube. you know, the one that comes out white and is like .. really strong? and just for moisturizing purposes, i use rosebud salve. i LOVE rosebud salve.

MorningGlory

I have found that Chapstick's 100% Naturals Lip Butter works the best for me. I don't have to apply it as often as I do the others and it doesn't leave me with that greasy Vaseline slick.

user79

Why are people recommending Burts Bees when she wrote in the 1st post that she doesn't like it?

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Why are people recommending Burts Bees when she wrote in the 1st post that she doesn't like it?

because people don't actually read what people post.

CantAffordMAC

Just to clear up about the body shop's balms. I wouldn't buy the lip butters, I'd buy the Born Lippy pots. I hate the butters, but love the born lippy's.
smiles.gif

LuckyGirl3513

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourbox247
Someone recommended Aquaphor...any good? I haven't found it in any stores yet though.

I love aquaphor..i saw it at CVS the other day by the register but you might want to check the medicine isle.. When my best friend went on Accutane a few years ago (accutane can make your skin and lips extremely dry) her dermatologist recommended Aquaphor. The other good thing about it is not only can you use it on really chapped lips but its also good for dry, cracked skin like your elbows or hands.

Latest posts