Need hair help...

purple_pumpkin

I'm still black
ssad.gif

The henna and black dye just won't come off, we tried about 3 times, and nothing, it turns a little redish, but it streches like a gum... So I growing it out!

My hair has grown about at the boob level (I couldn't find right word), so I cut it off about a couple of weeks ago, now its at sholder level, half is my natural hair color, the rest is blackish.
th_dunno.gif

The good thing is my hair grows really fast, so I hope in the next 2 months I will get out of black...

If anyone has an idea what sould I try... tell meeee
th_worship.gif

sinergy

sounds like your doing what you can, and i am very happy that you have left it in the hands of a professional, cause even though he didnt jump right in and try and strip your hair he has saved the integrity of your hair, so its not going to be as damaged as someone else could have left it. henna is a bad word in my salon
lol.gif
its a b@&#% to get out, i had a client come in who lived in bermuda for awhile and used to get her hair colored with henna, ugh we went thru so much just trying to convince her it would be better to just try and grow it off. personally i have had good results with pravana color remover but you do sacrifice the health to your hair and it can become very porous as a result. so just be a little more patient hopefully you can grow it off soon. =)

purple_pumpkin

Thanks Sinergy! I need someone to convince me to just grow it out, and have healthy hair!

And I had to go to a profesionalist because at my regular salon they wanted to blech my whole hair
nonono.gif

I'm not afraid to cut it, I know it will grow, but some days I just want to get out of that black
ssad.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
sounds like your doing what you can, and i am very happy that you have left it in the hands of a professional, cause even though he didnt jump right in and try and strip your hair he has saved the integrity of your hair, so its not going to be as damaged as someone else could have left it. henna is a bad word in my salon
lol.gif
its a b@&#% to get out, i had a client come in who lived in bermuda for awhile and used to get her hair colored with henna, ugh we went thru so much just trying to convince her it would be better to just try and grow it off. personally i have had good results with pravana color remover but you do sacrifice the health to your hair and it can become very porous as a result. so just be a little more patient hopefully you can grow it off soon. =)

purple_pumpkin : I am glad you are able to salvage as much of your hair as possible. I have avoided Henna because of this--way too fickle to stay with same haircolor for more than 6 months (LOL). I would like to see the after pictures!

sinergy: Can you tell us more about the pravana color remover? I have some dark brown I'd like to lift a little...went brunette then red but would like to lift the darker ends if it can be done without frying it unmercifully...

MissAlexisDDD

If you want to have it not look like you have a ton of regrowth, talk to your stylist about using a black semi or demi colour on the roots. It will fade fairly quick, but will also lift easy and not cause damage to the hair. I had to do that when mine was growing 'cause I didn't want a huge regrowth line!

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlexisDDD
If you want to have it not look like you have a ton of regrowth, talk to your stylist about using a black semi or demi colour on the roots. It will fade fairly quick, but will also lift easy and not cause damage to the hair. I had to do that when mine was growing 'cause I didn't want a huge regrowth line!

Too late. The last time I went brunette, all the ends that had been lifted grabbed up the color and they are darker than the rest. I really don't want to cut them off. But I don't want hair like straw either. I guess I could use a darker color on the roots till it grows out. Is color oops an option? Considering using that to strip out the color and start fresh...

sinergy

the pravana color extractor system is a professional product, it eliminates artificial color in the hair without effecting the natural base. you can ask your stylist about it, something like this needs to be done professionally so they can monitor how well its working and how many times they would have to do it to get rid of artificial color.

purple_pumpkin

quick update.
I haven't been on the site so long :(
My hair almost grew out totally, i have about an inch or so of black on the ends, but I'm going to cut that ends off, and then my whole hair is my natural hair color.
As we have so much sun, now that the winter is over, red pigment is peaking through my natural hair, and thats why i started dying my hair black, so i don't have that read pigment.

I really want to color my hair some shade of brown, I want to try out some lighter colors for a change, but definetly stay in brown color, no blond, ash...
but I'm afraid that the red pigment would still be there :(

purple_pumpkin

Big news!!

I'm out of that black henna!
Weee :) I'm so happy it finally grew out!

I wanted a lighter brown, but I went with Loreal's casting creme gloss in 600 light brown
here is the box and the color
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/62000487/Images/2/light-brown-600.jpg

I love how it turned out, it makes such a difference now when I do my make up and dress up, i have more confidence now that my hair i one color, and not redish-brown-black :(
I'm never going back to black, neveeer!!!

I also want to say thanks !! to everybody who replied and has helped me!

thank you!