need whiter teeth!

HapaDynazty

i quit smoking last year - and now my teeth are yellowish - i was wondering what is the BEST product you have used to whiten your teeth?

kimmy

i haven't used any yet (i still have my braces on for another month and whitening with braces is pretty pointless) but i have a friend who used Crest Whitestrips and they worked wonders for him! his teeth are absolutely, flawlessly white.

Shimmer

A cheap alternative is to swish your mouth with peroxide daily.
smiles.gif
Keeps the teeth whiter without going into chiclet range.
smiles.gif

Elizabee

I've started using Crest Whitening Expressions toothpaste in Herbal Mint, and I bought myself a little 3-minute hourglass. Everytime I brush my teeth I use the hourglass, and my teeth have gotten so much whiter just in the past week.

freaksinunif0rm

I know a girl who uses crest whitestrips (yes, they really work!). Her teeth are much much whiter now.

I use some Crest toothpaste with a whitener (that's the only kind I have around the house :\) and I don't know if it actually works...but people ask if I whiten my teeth...

Hawkeye

I gotta be the debbie downer here,

I HATE the crest white strips. They have made my teeth uber sensitive. I'll never forget putting them on and less than 3 minutes that I had them on a pain that was so brutal (yes, Brutal) came through me so badly I screamed (this coming from the person who got in a car wreck, broke her hand and refused morphine because it didn't hurt-yes I have a hugely high tolerance for pain!) and that SOB went down the toilet, and then I had to wash my mouth out and I was sobbing. My Fiance (at the time) was like " Honey? What is the matter? What in the hell happened?"

I can't STAND those things.

HOwever, Shimmers suggestion and the baking soda one and the brushing for 3 minutes are very good.

Also-if you wear lipstick (just a little trick i picked up) make sure it is more of a blue based lipstick instead of orange based the reason? Orange makes your teeth look yellow where the blue will make them look more white
greengrin.gif

prinzessin784

Any whitening product with lots of peroxide can make your teeth really sensitive so if that's a problem for you already I'd stay away from them. But if not, Go Smile is supposed to be a really good one. My friend used it and I definitely notice a difference. It's a bit pricey though...

meagannn

I like Gosmile, I used the ampuoles and I really noticed a difference. It is a little pricey, but I was pleased. it depends on whether you have $80 to $120 to spend.
greengrin.gif

But of course, i still smoke and drink lots of coffee and didn't keep up the maintenance... so they are slightly stained again.

but gosmile does work, and since you said you quit smoking you probably won't have the re-stain problem with any of the whiteners that you choose. Good luck!

jess98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch

Also-if you wear lipstick (just a little trick i picked up) make sure it is more of a blue based lipstick instead of orange based the reason? Orange makes your teeth look yellow where the blue will make them look more white
greengrin.gif

i was just gonna say exactly the same thing as you doll
smiles.gif
great minds think a like
thmbup.gif

ollieo

Crest whitestrips made my teeth hurt so bad by day 3 I could not go on. I did use the gosmile system and saw results with no sensitivity. The gosmile toothpaste is more of maintenence/support for the system. If you want to stick with a toothpaste only, save your money and stick with some regular whitening toothpaste from the drugstore.

user79

Crest Whitestrips DO work! I used them and I got so many compliments how white my teeth were.

They do make your teeth a little sensitive, so use Sensodyne toothpaste and only put them on once a day, not the recommended twice a day method that is written in the accompanying pamphlet. I didn't notice much sensitivity this way.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
if GoSmile does work, will it work if you use the toothpaste instead of the whitening system?

I use only their toothpastes, but it's not gonna get you really really white. If I don't go back to the ampules from time to time, I'm back to slightly yellow. I think my issue is genetic, but the GoWhite does help.

Question for the other ladies:
When the Crest Whitestrips first came out, I tried them (anything for the quest towards whiter teeth- except bleaching because I can't justify the $$$). Anyway, what I remember is that they got all slippery and foamy and I just hated them. There was no way I could use them and chat on the phone, like the folks on the commercial. In fact, I hated to leave the bathroom for fear of a) looking like an asshole and b) making a drool-y mess! Are they still this way, or have they changed the formula?
hmm.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
I use only their toothpastes, but it's not gonna get you really really white. If I don't go back to the ampules from time to time, I'm back to slightly yellow. I think my issue is genetic, but the GoWhite does help.

Question for the other ladies:
When the Crest Whitestrips first came out, I tried them (anything for the quest towards whiter teeth- except bleaching because I can't justify the $$$). Anyway, what I remember is that they got all slippery and foamy and I just hated them. There was no way I could use them and chat on the phone, like the folks on the commercial. In fact, I hated to leave the bathroom for fear of a) looking like an asshole and b) making a drool-y mess! Are they still this way, or have they changed the formula?
hmm.gif

They are still a bit of a nuisance to use and slide around a bit. Here's what I usually do: I use toilet paper to dab the front of my teeth and gums absolutely dry. Without closing my mouth (which causes saliva to spread again), I apply the strips to both up and bottom. Then I don't close my mouth, I just sort of keep the lips open like I'm grinding my teeth (but not actually grinding them).

It's not good to talk while you have them on, the movement causes the strips to come loose. Usually I watch TV or go on the computer while I have them on so I don't have to talk. Sometimes I press them on again when I feel they slide around. After half an hour I take them off and rinse my mouth.

It's really ok once you get used to it. The first few times I had a lot more saliva because I wasn't used to the feeling and my mouth wanted to reject them, but after a few times it was really easy.

shopgood

yup, i say crest whitestrips too. however, in the first couple days i started the strips, i developed a scratchy, sore throat.. same with my boyfriend. this was probably because we tried not to swallow the gel and our throats became dry. i didn't experience any tooth/gum sensitivity, but then i don't think any part of me is really sensitive physically. little parts of my gums did turn white after getting in contact with the gel tho.. and it stung a little but, as weird as it sounds, i enjoy pain in my gums. lol i dunno.

it just depends on the person.. some people can use the strips with no pain, little pain, or pain to the point where they can't even finish the week or 2.. i say give it a try. not too expensive but its nice when you find them on sale. i need to buy more tho cuz my teeth are starting to yellow again..

BinkysBaby

Rembrandt for smokers or Rembrandt intense stains. I don't smoke or have stains but these two formulas are the best. I use Rembrandt for my AM brush and a Crest or Colgate whitening toothpaste for my PM brush. I would recommened using an entire tube of Rembrandt for all brushes and you will see a huge difference.

swt_int3ntions

I also experienced some gum sensitivy issues with the Crest white strips. My gums got red around the edges at my teeth and seemed a bit swollen. So i started using the Crest Vivid toothpaste and noticed a different not too long after. Its GREAT! My parents own a coffee shop so I used to drink coffee like there was no tomorrow but even with coffee and the toothpaste, my teeth were relatively whiter than before.