need whiter teeth!

Another Janice!

The Whitestrips work wonderfully!

But like another poster said, only use them once a day, instead of twice like the instructions say.

I had some pretty severe sensitivity with my bottom teeth, I gave it a rest for a few days, then went to using them on the bottom only once a day and didn't have the problem again!

*Luna*

After being in the dental field for YEARS I would NEVER reccomend that someone use a store bought bleaching kit of any kind. Crest Whitning Strips included. If you want whiter teeth the best way to go about doing it is go to your dentist, have trays made and use the stuff they sell. NEVER do Brightsmile or ZOOM! Bleaching EVER. It's a waste of your money. If you buy a bleach kit at the Dentist it's usually around 200 including bleach, it will last you so much longer and give you much better results.

**Side note** Becareful what you eat after bleaching. Bleach dehydrates your teeth and they can absorb certain colors. Don't drink red wine, eat mustard or anything that would stain your shirt. ;-)

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luna*
After being in the dental field for YEARS I would NEVER reccomend that someone use a store bought bleaching kit of any kind. Crest Whitning Strips included. If you want whiter teeth the best way to go about doing it is go to your dentist, have trays made and use the stuff they sell. NEVER do Brightsmile or ZOOM! Bleaching EVER. It's a waste of your money. If you buy a bleach kit at the Dentist it's usually around 200 including bleach, it will last you so much longer and give you much better results.

**Side note** Becareful what you eat after bleaching. Bleach dehydrates your teeth and they can absorb certain colors. Don't drink red wine, eat mustard or anything that would stain your shirt. ;-)

I actually had a dentist appointment for a check-up when I was still using the strips and I asked her if there's an problems with using them and she said no, they are fine, as long as you don't overdo it.

faerie_bel

I used Crest Whitestrips and got great results. I am really prone to sensitive teeth though so here's what I did: I used Sensodyne toothpaste about 3 weeks prior to using the whitestrips. Then I only used the whitestrips once per day instead of twice. So it was a slower process but very successful. I had no problems at all.
smiles.gif

kimmy

i used the Rambrandt whitening strips after i got my braces off last month and they really helped. my teeth were actually pretty white even before i used them (which surprised me because while i had my braces on, i didn't always take the BEST care of them) i have one tooth that gets a little sensitive sometimes, and with those strips man did that tooth hurt though! like...to the point of almost making me cry, and i have a pretty high pain tolerance. so be forewarned, if you have any tooth sensitivity at all, using bleaching kits is going to amplify it!