New Icon collection Feb 2007

anamarta

Quote:
Eeep, fyi, they won't back-to-MAC for specially packaged items, as this one will be. So don't use up all that gloss just yet!

Oh NO!!! I thought it was just the viva glams... I didn't know it was all special packaging! I am saving empties for 3 lippies... Now I don't know how I'm going to do :-(

tinagrzela

Someone on ebay is selling the whole collection in one auction....I can't give you guys the link, but just search for mac beauty icon and you'll find it...I wonder if anybody from here is gonna buy it!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Someone on ebay is selling the whole collection in one auction....I can't give you guys the link, but just search for mac beauty icon and you'll find it...I wonder if anybody from here is gonna buy it!

I see that the seller has good feedback, but there is no way I would buy a package for $500 when the actual items aren't even shown. Besides, $500 is way too much money to give to someone who obviously got the items gratis, IMO.

tinagrzela

I found some other pics...you can see the lipglasses and lipsticks a little better!

1349-4.jpg

1349-3.jpg

rouquinne

collection is out next Thursday, the 18th!

i have budgeted for this collection! since i started writing about makeup a few years ago, i've become fairly blasé about the stuff, so the fact that i'm actually excited about buying it amazes me!

greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

Wow. The white backdrop really helps to get another perspective on the colours. I am in love! So this should be hitting the site tomorrow, no?

greatscott2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
:confused: I can't seem to get a good response for the release date, someone at Macy's said its February & a PRO store employee said its at the end of January. I'm really hoping its this Thursday; does anyone know?

I went to the pro store in LA and they told me the release date was Thursday the 18th

..kels*

aghh i hate how i always get suckered in with cute packaging. i neeed one of those lippies. at least this collection hits on my birthday! hellloooo bay gift certificates!
winks.gif
(i hope.. hehe)

Makeupluvr

I saw this in person at the pro store on Saturday and I wasn't impressed with the colors. (Then again I have a TON of stuff) I ended up getting 2 of the l/g's. Adventursome and the gold one (I forget the name at the moment). Oh, and the false lashes. They look like 20's but crisscrossed (hope that makes sense). The beauty powders were pretty but nothing must have IMO. Every so slight pearl finish. HTH someone
smiles.gif
IMO the most impressive thing was how AMAZING she looks in the pics! WOW!
smiles.gif

m4dswine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeupluvr
IMO the most impressive thing was how AMAZING she looks in the pics! WOW!
smiles.gif

Thats the magic of Photoshop....

Carmell

I bought the Amazon quad and love it!!! And I got the Screamqueen l/s. I got some stuff from Danse so I couldn't go crazy. But I have to agree with some of you that it is not that amazing. Cute packaging and lovely colors in the display, But once on it looked blah on me.

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Ohhhh thank you soooo much Jenny! You don't know how much I love peachy shades, I adore them!!!!

I LOVE peachy shades, too.
smiles.gif

Goddess = must have. I'm super excited. I have never owned a MAC blush EVER.
soapbox.gif

Winthrop44

I have to agree with those who say pretty blah too. I sort of felt like even with the l/s and l/g there are/were very similar and in some cases slightly prettier versions in the regular line...at least on me. Sigh.

LuckiestLiz

Does anybody know if Legendary Femme is similar to an existing shade? It's the only lipstick I got that I liked. Has a bunch of pigment for a lustre, too, found that surprising. A bit bright or something on me, maybe just not what I'm used to though - I do like it.

Still ... if it's real close to an existing shade I think I might prefer to just B2M a normal shade in normal packaging to be perfectly honest.
winks.gif