New maccosmetics.com website

abbyquack

I have a hard time with the site too..the fact that there are no descriptions of products, not even finishes! argh. It's so hard to deal with that I go to the Canadian site to check out products before buying on the US site.
lol.gif

elegant-one

I still hate it! I wrote MAC an email about some issues with it & the fact that it is not user friendly. I received an email back about 24 hours later apologizing & it said that they were working to fix things...well, that was about 5 or 6 weeks ago & the same problems still exist
th_dunno.gif

Nadeshda

The site looks cool, but it's not really user friendly. That color spectrum thingie to chose the colors is really cool, but it's not really easy to use... IMHO, they should have a standard, easy to use version, and this one. And something odd I found...I can't search for stores. When the site first launched, I could, but now, I search and that cube with the colors stays there forever... I've tried with FireFox, Opera and InternetExplorer. Anyone with the same problem?

zipperfire

TELL THEM TELL THEM>>>>>>>>>THEY THINK IT'S GREAT. All web design teams and the marketing gurus at a company get very vested in their ideas. THey don' t want to admit they failed. THEY FAILED.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

Winthrop44

I still hate this with a passion. I've cut down on my visits to the site and as a result my buying - big time - simply because I hate the new web site. And since it is not so new anymore I guess this is the way it's gonna be.

zipperfire

tell them you don't visit. They will ascribe user drop due to the economy, then when it recovers, they will ascribe fewer users to people shopping elsewhere....rationalizing anything but that their design has actually driven customers away. I've been in marketing meetings, I know how this kind of idiocy can be perpetuated. Write them what you said here.

Winthrop44

^^ I already have, but I guess they have not had enough similar complaints to where they believe it's a general concern.

MacAddict09

I havent noticed any big diffrence except they totally switched around the color spectrum , the way they have it arranged makes no sense to me, and the swatches are small. Its not that big of a deal, I guess Ill live with it.

ccroney1

It has taken me a long time to get used to it. I am still not sure that I like it. I thought the old site was easier to use.

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I have a hard time with the site too..the fact that there are no descriptions of products, not even finishes! argh. It's so hard to deal with that I go to the Canadian site to check out products before buying on the US site.
lol.gif

If you want to read the description of the items and finishes for the new collection click on the product category ... let say you want to read the description and finish of Sweet Thing Lipstick click on lipstick (not the square swatch of Sweet Thing).

makeupgal

MAC's new website

Does anyone agree with me when I say that I cannot stand MAC's new website? If you like the old one better, you can just type in what you normally would but type in .ca instead of .com, which is the Canadian website but you'd have to refer to the new site for prices. HTH. I apologize if this has been discussed but I did do a search beforehand.

Kitiara

Lol, since the day they changed the site, I havnt been to it once...It's too ugly to look at and work with.