New Nars Foundations, The Rest Are Being Discontinued! And LE Pallet

tyger

Is this perhaps why all the powder foundations are out of stock on the Sephora site? Any word on when the new foundations/hugenormous palette is coming out? I have a serious case of the wanting!

lauram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandycd
I bought the sheer glow foundation and I love it. The coverage is really good, which I wasn't expecting... and it is a really natural and dewy finish. Similar to Dior Nude, but I prefer the Nars. I found myself constantly checking out my skin in the mirror, cause I just LOVE the glowy, yet natural finish. It also feels light on the skin, as if I had no makeup on.

how well does it cover? i have a lot of red on my cheeks. and does it last all day? im sooo interested in this

Kayraphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellovesmac
I went into nars today and was asking about a being color matched to a lighter foundation color and the MA told me not to bother because the foundations are all being discontinued and a load of new ones are being brought out. best of all the will be 20 shades! (including one that is lighter than MONT BLANC for people like me who seem to reflect the sun)
I was also about to buy the best of pallet and she told me to wait because around early December a big pallet (she seem to think about 20 e/s) will be released. It will be celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Nars. She said to snap it up quick because it will be a collectors piece and that it will wont be very expensive.
Hope this helps some of you.

Great info, thanks! I think by speaking of new foundations she meant Sheer Glow/Sheer Matte Foundations, which I am really hesitant to buy during F&F. Big palette sounds quite really intriguing too! I'm sure they will make lots of good stuff for 15th anniversary! And ''it won't be very expensive'' is quite a relief =D

I also know that NARS will release felt tip liner in 3 colors; blue, black and brown. Look around - the photos leakened on the internet - I'm particulary interested in blue!

Also, as you may or may not now, NARS plays a big role in NYFW. Last year François Nars himself were on Marc Jacobs shows' makeup - this year, NARS also did 3.1. Phillip Lim. While I was checking down the product rundowns at male show of Phillip Lim, I saw something quite surprising: Orgasm Illuminator!!! It'll be a new product for Spring '10 and I really hope that it's liquid!

mandycd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauram
how well does it cover? i have a lot of red on my cheeks. and does it last all day? im sooo interested in this

It covers redness very well!! Actually, my main concern is to cover redness and even out skin tone. I have a little bit of old acne scarring on my cheeks... it covers that too. I am sincerely impressed, it is the best foundation I have used (better than any of the chanel, dior, mufe- imo). I love it 'cause it covers my problem area without looking like a mask... my face/skin somehow also show thru.

This Friday my nordstrom is having a "sneak peak" event with Nars national MAs. I'm going (heck, they are are giving away 2 full size items as gwp). Anyway, she said they they will be showing the Holiday lineup: liquid liners, e/s, cleansing oil... So freaking exciting!!!!!!!!!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollparts
They already have a foundation lighter than Mont Blanc; Siberia
smiles.gif

Can you tell me how Mont Blanc compares to Siberia? Siberia is a little too light on me. Is Mont Blanc very much darker or alot pinker...or just a bit of both? Is Gobi really yellow? I'd love to see swatches and/or MAC equivalents of all the Sheer Glow shades!

paopao

Quote:
It covers redness very well!! Actually, my main concern is to cover redness and even out skin tone. I have a little bit of old acne scarring on my cheeks... it covers that too. I am sincerely impressed, it is the best foundation I have used (better than any of the chanel, dior, mufe- imo). I love it 'cause it covers my problem area without looking like a mask... my face/skin somehow also show thru.

This Friday my nordstrom is having a "sneak peak" event with Nars national MAs. I'm going (heck, they are are giving away 2 full size items as gwp). Anyway, she said they they will be showing the Holiday lineup: liquid liners, e/s, cleansing oil... So freaking exciting!!!!!!!!!

Very exciting indeed!!! Would you mind asking what happened to those duos they announced and haven't been released yet (eurydice, brusses...)?

RedRibbon

I went to John Lewis yesterday and the lovely SA in there was grilled by me about the new palette and she was lovely, she answered all questions as well as she knew how.

I asked if the shadows would be a piddly small shape or if you would get enough space in which to roll your brush around and she said that they would be of a decent size and you had enough space to roll your brush around in.

I asked when they were coming and how long they'd be around for and I can't remember when they'd be around but she said they would be around for a while, as long as there was demand.

She also confirmed the foundation thing but said that all SA's were getting training so they knew which of the old shades matched the new shades.

paopao

I'm a MAC NW20, anyone knows what NARS new foundations shade would match me? I don't have a counter near, and I'd like some opinions before ordering...
Thank you!

iheartwarpaint

Quote:
The New Foundations are currently exclusive to Nordstrom and won't be sold at Sephora for another month or two. The Oil-Free version you got at Sephora is what is being discontinued.
smiles.gif
)

Noooo!!!!!
nope.gif
I just discovered this foundation literally a week ago and it's the best I've tried. MUFE HD foundation is too heavy, broke me out, and even oxidized to some ugly ashy orange color one me. Laura Mercier Silk Creme is nice, but the color selecion is horrible and nothing matched me. I'm tired of my mineral makeup and MAC powders and foundations break me out like crazy! I thought I found my hg and now it's being discontinued?! Well, I hope the new ones will be as heavenly as the oil-free version. I wonder why they're being dc'ed?

MissRobot

I picked up the Sheer Matte Foundation (in Barcelona) today and I already love it! I know it's not been long enough yet to know if it'll break me out, but it really feels like I'm wearing close to zero foundation!

justdance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paopao
I'm a MAC NW20, anyone knows what NARS new foundations shade would match me? I don't have a counter near, and I'd like some opinions before ordering...
Thank you!

I am also an NW 20 and I asked for a sample and the MA matched me to deuville but it's too yellow for me. Im going back in some time to get a better match but I don't think that the sheer glow really comes in any pink tones. I was looking online and all the shades seem to lean toward a neutral/ yellow undertone. I only saw a few that have pink in them but they seem too light. I really hope that that I'm wrong.

paopao

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdance
I am also an NW 20 and I asked for a sample and the MA matched me to deuville but it's too yellow for me. Im going back in some time to get a better match but I don't think that the sheer glow really comes in any pink tones. I was looking online and all the shades seem to lean toward a neutral/ yellow undertone. I only saw a few that have pink in them but they seem too light. I really hope that that I'm wrong.

Try Santa Fe, that was my tone!

justdance

Quote:
Originally Posted by paopao
Try Santa Fe, that was my tone!

Is that lighter or darker than dueville?? I applied it today using my 190 brush and it wasn't as noticible. I think that before I was using my fingers to blend it unto my face but using a brush makes it blend in so much better imo