New permanent eyeshadows

SARAHluvsMAC

I am not sure how this is going to work but as i was schematicizing last night I noticed for holiday merchandising has totally changed! total pain in the ass because I had it all memorized but I noticed alot of new colors on the list that we have not received yet...
but even my manager didn't know what it was about
some of the colors I remember off hand were
li'lilly
mesmorised or something like that

there were about 10 or so new colors listed, has anyone else noticed this?

FacesbyNiki

I'll check when I go to work on friday.
th_confused_new.gif

HOTasFCUK

I hope goldbit is one of them since they repromoted it a few times and i missed out on it!!!!

baby_love

I hope they bring Nighttrain back! it's my perfect smokey grey and I was stoooopid and didn't buy a backup :-(

calbear

yeah we saw it the other day and it's not a pretty site. It includes all the lustre shadows that came out in that one line (blanking right now on the line name) but it was mineralism, romantique, fine shine and all those others which most of us where not fans of. Plus they took off the schematic all together some of the more popular shadows and others they left to the overflow tray ie. woodwinked, soft brown etc.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
It includes all the lustre shadows that came out in that one line (blanking right now on the line name) but it was mineralism, romantique, fine shine and all those others which most of us where not fans of.

Lustrevision?

Lustres and glimmershimmers and glitz glosses, oh my! It's like all the crap products of the last three years are coming back to haunt you.

SARAHluvsMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
yeah we saw it the other day and it's not a pretty site. It includes all the lustre shadows that came out in that one line (blanking right now on the line name) but it was mineralism, romantique, fine shine and all those others which most of us where not fans of. Plus they took off the schematic all together some of the more popular shadows and others they left to the overflow tray ie. woodwinked, soft brown etc.

exactly! i was so offended they look all my favs off the unit

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I hate when you memorize the schematics...and then they change them on you!!!!

'Oh you're looking for Jest..........um...............um... give me a minute...........it's here somewhere.............BINGO got it .....oops that's Naked Lunch.....................just give me another minute.'

And don't THINK you know where something is and someone accidently didn't put it back in the right spot. Now your ideas are all shot.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_love
all right I'm so confused now...? can someone please explain this whole thing to meee? thanks!!

The shadows on the display unit are organized according to a schematic (basically a placement chart with the names of the shadows). That way the shadows are always in the same spot (easy to find) and are aesthetically pleasing (colour scheme arrangements). Occasionally they redo the schematic to accomodate the introduction of new shadows and discontinuation current regular shadows.

They only have so much room on the display unit. When they add new ones, certain shadows that are then DC'd or are about to become DC'd go in the overflow tray, as they no longer have room on the display unit. The "overflow tray" is either a metal tray or large Pyrex container that holds the shadows and is generally kept right behind the shadow display unit. That way the MAs can still access them until they sell the remaining stock. This is also where LE shadow that no longer have a display unit go.

Each merchandise/launch period, they put out a merchandising book that talks about what is coming out, where to place it in the store and for how long the product and/or display should be out on the sales floor.

MAs go to a class every merchandise/launch period called "Update". They receive an advance view, training and a book on upcoming products.

Hope that helps.
smiles.gif

liquidsirenhoney

I talked to my MA today when she did my make-up for an event. She told me she thought romantique and some lusters were going to be the new perms...she also tld me that one of the MSF's would be permanent....I don't know but she said when she heard that she though of me and how much i would die.

Dianora

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The shadows on the display unit are organized according to a schematic (basically a placement chart with the names of the shadows). That way the shadows are always in the same spot (easy to find) and are aesthetically pleasing (colour scheme arrangements).

Now I feel really, really guilty for all the times that I picked up an eyeshadow to check out the name and couldn't remember which open spot I took it from and probably didn't put it back in the correct place.

As for people who are turning up your nose at the items they're bringing back, what is wrong with them? I've only been an active m.a.c. fan for about a year and wasn't around for these old collections.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianora
As for people who are turning up your nose at the items they're bringing back, what is wrong with them? I've only been an active m.a.c. fan for about a year and wasn't around for these old collections.

The shadows they're bringing in are lustres, which are usually lovely in the pot but difficult/annoying to work with. Also, there are other shadows which MAC could bring back that many fans loved, such as Goldbit (mentioned above). I've only been hooked on MAC for a year and missed out on quite a few solid releases, and would love for them to make permanent some of those LE's, but I vaguely remember Lustrevision and won't care much for those shadows to come back. =T

I'm concerned about hearing Woodwinked in the overflow tray, tho... that doesn't mean it's on the to-be-dc'd list, does it? Eep!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianora
Now I feel really, really guilty for all the times that I picked up an eyeshadow to check out the name and couldn't remember which open spot I took it from and probably didn't put it back in the correct place....

lol.gif
Naaah, don't feel bad. That's just part of an MA's job. Makeup is a very personal and intimate thing. Clients need to see it, hold it, and of course, as you said, know what colour it is.
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsirenhoney
.....she said when she heard that she though of me and how much i would die.

lmao.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Lustres and glimmershimmers and glitz glosses, oh my! It's like all the crap products of the last three years are coming back to haunt you.

hahah LMAO!!! But you are totally right, lustrevision was crap (exept for goldbit e/s) and the glitsglosses where just cheapo glittery glosses in a horrible package!

Latest posts