New real swatches on MAC's site!!!

BlahWah

I haven't checked out the paint or shadestick swatches, but they did the shadows and lipsticks last week. There's s discussion about that here*. caffn8me figured out that they've basically taken black and white photos (at least of the shadows) and coloured them with the shade previously used in the horrible boxes they used to have. She explains this much better, of course. So if you look carefully at the eyeshadow swatches, you'll find some shades have the exact same, er, "crumbling" (for lack of a better word).

So it's a small step in the right direction... but I'm still going into the store - and Specktra! - for my swatches.

*link taken out b/c both threads were merged together.

SoHeartc0rex3

clap.gif

GODDESS

Whats With the New MAC Site???

I am so happy that MAC finally put actual swatches of their products up instead of those horrible, practically useless swatches they had before. But now i noticed that for the pigments sections, these supposed "real" swatches look very fake! They do not resemble any of my pigment colours, is so strange!!

They look bland, matte, and horrible!

Does anyone else notice this?

Liz

liquidsirenhoney

yeah to me none of the swatches look close but i think maybe i see things differently...cause a lot of the eyeshadows look off too. i guess it's better than what they had before.

MAC_Pixie04

a lot of the shades swatches are horribly inaccurate. they have coppering as a taupe brown shade, when it's actually a reddish orange frost. they're following the trend a la Clinique.com, Sephora.com and Narscosmetics.com by trying to display "real" swatches of their products.

Jennifer Mcfly

i'm glad they finally branched out, but i do not think the swatches do any of the colors justice. maybe it's just my computer but i didn't think the eyeshadow swatches looked like the real thing. oh well.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykelancey
Did anyone notice that the swatches are gone now?

They're still there for me, and I just cleared my cache.