New Reflects Glitter and Beauty Powders

MACHOMULA

Just stopped by to see if anything exciting was happening at MAC PRO and I found these. Did anyone else know that these were up or am I just the last to know??

All of the following is copied straight from the MAC PRO website

reflectsglitter_390.jpg

Adding glitter to the Reflecks collection, a pro-array of ten new shades. Richly tinted for highest impact, this luxurious selection features sophisticated metallic brights and a range of sparkling dimensional finishes.

beautypowderloose_390.jpg

A new jet-milled loose powder that gives a wash of colour and luminous shimmer to eyes and cheeks. Lightweight in feel, sheer in coverage, and silky to apply. Provides a smooth, even finish to the skin.

syrene78

The new Reflecks collection and the new jet-milled loose powders are out!

I was looking at the MAC PRO WEBSITE and noticed that they finally launched the new Reflecks colors!
They look stunning!
Here is the picture that you can find if you go in the product launch section and click on "Product launch" on the left side on the site.
Otherwise, it isn't showing yet.

reflectsglitter_390.jpg

The new colors are:
-Reflects Very Pink (Sparkling fuchsia pink)
-Reflects Turquatic (Sparkling bright turquoise)
-Reflects Purple Duo (Sparkling rich purple)
-Reflects Transparent Teal (Sparkling white with turquoise)
-Reflects Transparent Pink (Sparkling white with pink)
-Reflects Rust (Sparkling warm red)
-Reflects Blackened Red (Sparkling burgundy)
-Reflects Copper (Sparkling saffron)
-Reflects Bronze (Sparkling rich gold)
-Reflects Antique Gold (Sparkling taupe)

It looks like 2 colors are missing and should be coming out soon.
Maybe a green and a yellow?

The new Beauty Loose Powdera seem very slightly colored (besided the white one) and all have some pearl and/ or shimmer in them!
cheerleader.gif

beautypowderloose_390.jpg

Colors:
-Paperwhite (Soft white with pearl reflects)
-Micro Pink (Pale pink with red reflects)
-Lightly Lilac (Soft lavender with violet reflects)
-Daisydust (Pale banana with gold reflects)
-Natural Flare (Peachy champagne with white and gold reflects)
-Peach Haze (Soft coral with gold and bronze reflects)
-Dancing Light (Creamy gold with white gold reflects)
-Drizzlegold (Flechy beige with copper and gold reflects).

Not sure if all of these are in the PRO stores yet but I am sure that, if not they will be soon! Can't wait!

sdpfeiffy

I'm confused... I thought the loose Beauty Powders are part of a consumer collection rather than PRO products? Also, can reflects be used like pigments?

Backseat_betty

Very cool! This is usually what happens with the pro products, people just stumble upon them on MacPro(since they don't announce to the general public)
I LOVE reflects and these new ones look very pretty... "Blackened Red" sounds very nice, i'll have to see...

Backseat_betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpfeiffy
I'm confused... I thought the loose Beauty Powders are part of a consumer collection rather than PRO products? Also, can reflects be used like pigments?

The consumer beauty powders are pressed (and LE), rather than loose...
You can use reflects like pigments(more like glitter) but you have to wet them (with mixing medium, etc..) otherwise they will go everywhere!

wannabelyn

i wonder if i can use the loose beauty powders can replace the loose powder, i'm thinking the loose beauty powders are used the same way as the pressed one?

sdpfeiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backseat_betty
You can use reflects like pigments(more like glitter) but you have to wet them (with mixing medium, etc..) otherwise they will go everywhere!

Oh I was thinking these might be the loose beauty powders for the Mac of Beauty collection...

Thanks for the info
smiles.gif

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backseat_betty

Yep!
But be always extra careful with using any size glitters close to the eyes.
I once had my cornea scratched (not by a glitter, but in the street, by some random rust dust!) and it the worst pain I had in my entire life!
Fortunately, it didn't affect my vision on the long term but I saw blurry for 3 days and could have had an infection.
In worst case scenario, the nerve behind the cornea can be damaged and then it can cause several degrees of blindness...
Not fun!
However, I am a huge fan of glitter.
The mixing medium gel is even better to hold them and you can really use them everywhere!!!
In the hair, the are awesome!

coachkitten

I having been waiting such a long time for these gitters! I am such a glitter whore. Thankfully I am going to Las Vegas this weekend so I can pick some up at the PRO store there!
smiles.gif

juicyaddict

I got to play with these when I was at the Pro store in Vegas a couple weeks ago. They said they just came out that day. I remember seeing transparent teal and pink and blackened red. I am not a fan of the glitters. Maybe I am just clueless on how to use them. What do you use to make them stick?

PaliDNAnge

Sunday I went to the Pro store in SF, and one of the MAs told me they had some new stuff and showed them to me. They're really beautiful colors. I ended up buying Blackened Red to try on a smokey eye and Transparent Pink to try it with some lipglasses and lipstick. If they work out, I'm thinking of getting Rust and Copper. And I know this may sound silly, but I've never used Beauty Powder, pressed or loose. What is the purpose of it, and how would you use it?

bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpfeiffy
Oh I was thinking these might be the loose beauty powders for the Mac of Beauty collection...

Thanks for the info
smiles.gif

If you compare the names from the consumer collection ("Mac of Beauty" http://blog.specktra.net/2007/09/18/...on-holiday-07/ ) with the Beauty Loose powders on the MacPro site, then you do see a few similar names. It might just be a coincidence, but it seems like part of the Pro collection will be the feature of the consumer Mac Of Beauty collection

syrene78

Just came back from buying some of these and I have to admit, the beauty powders are amazing!!!
They are really sheer and every shade will go to every skin tone.
I am a bare NW15 and every shade was good on me and the colors were not too pigmented.
They are very sparkly though, so if you don't like that, they are not for you.

The holdiday beauty powders will to be loose too.
I saw some picture yesterday as they were starting to presell them.
Hopefully, they will be very different from the PRO ones!

jeffreygirl

I love the glitters, I stumbled on them a few days ago at the Pro store in NY. I didn't know about the Beauty Powders, I found out about them by accident on the Pro site too. I'm glad they have some shimmer, I think the white & nude shades will be great for the ultimate 'white, nude. bare, face!' (Now you guys have me lemming to go to the Pro store after my shoot tomorrow.)

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
Hopefully, they will be very different from the PRO ones!

IMHO we can feel confident that the beauty powders which share the same name with the BP's in the MAC of Beauty collection are the same product.

Krasevayadancer

I had the chance to pick up the pink loose beauty powder. As was said before, there is a very light pink color to it. The overall effect is very sparkley. I got more glitter than luminescence, but i like it nonetheless
smiles.gif

Latest posts