no [eye] makeup wearing! OMG!

xxprettyinblkxx

so i have the most adorable chow puppy that just turned 4 months old about a week ago...well a few hours ago him and i were downstairs...he was playing nicely by himself, while i was laying nicely on the couch watching tv...next thing i knew i saw a set of pearly white teeth in my face...he apparently wanted my attention, so he jumped up and bit me on my eye lid!
cry.gif
...i instently went into tears...thankfully the cut isn't too deep and i don't need stitches, but it will be black and blue for sure! therefore, i won't be able to show off some new creations i've learned *thanks for everyones wonderful FOTD's hehe* while on vacation next week
thmbdn.gif
...anyway, here are pics of the criminal (pup) and the victim (me)

[Apollo, he's actually very nice lol]
apolloboysNKOTB032.jpg

[my eye after i got it cleaned up and some of the swelling down...it looks worse now that its starting to turn colors...this was taken a few hours ago]
me45.jpg

thanks for viewing! lol...guess its back to good ol' mascara and some liner :-(

yodagirl

Owie! That makes me hurt looking at your eye...I hope it heals up quickly
ssad.gif

Your puppy is a little cutie though!

xxprettyinblkxx

thanks everyone :) i hope it heals quickly too...my parents were like "you don't mind if it leaves a scar do you?" and i was like "naaah, i can cover up a scar with makeup...its the open wound and scab that i would be able to hide!" hehehe...as of now, i'm doing fine though, just reallllly thankful i didn't hafta go to the E.R. and i knew what to do after it happened :)

TwiggyPop

oh wow! i feel ya on that one, i have a 3 month old kitten and she's been nicknamed "Bruiser" by my roommate because she beats up on everyone.....and I mean EVERYONE! I'm still recovering from a gash about a centimeter below my eye from the little shit.

TISH1124

wow that made me gasp...So close to your actual eye itself!! I hope you are okay! But the puppy is just a doll baby

MACATTAK

Ouch!!! Hope it heals fast! When my older cat wanted me to wake up in the middle of the night, she would either paw my eye or nose....most times with her claws out!!! Still it was nothing like this
ssad.gif

lyttleravyn

awwww! it doesn't look too bad, i'm sure it hurt though! as a dog groomer, let me tell you that chow chows are the one breed that a lot of groomers won't go near. and its because of one big thing: their unpredictability! make sure to take your puppy to obedience school as soon as you get a chance, and hopefully this kind of incident can be avoided. it will also help to socialize your puppy to a large variety of people, animals, situations, noises, etc. just make sure that it is nonthreatening and you have control over the puppy (don't need this kind of thing happening to someone else or another animal). good luck with him! adorable
smiles.gif

Esme

Wow, I would still go to the doctor. They might be able to give you something that will keep it from scarring too bad! I hope it doesn't get infected. Dog's mouths and teeth aren't usually toooo clean, lol. I have scars on my hands from my pets. Hope it heals up okay.

User93

Get well soon please! You can put some eyes on, or if you can find this creamwhere you live, its called troxevasine. Or at least something similar. I had a syrgery on my nose and after I had big bruises on my eyes, this healed it like a wonder! Its not expensive too, at least here
smiles.gif

Willa

You may want to go to the Dr...

Try to find a Vitamine E oil you can put on your face/eye, it will help the scar to heal without leaving toooo much trace.

xxprettyinblkxx

thanks again everyone for your well wishes, concerns, and suggestions on products to use for scarring :)...i slept with a band aid over it last night and i've been applying neosporin on it...after it happened and the bleeding stopped i immediately sent a pic to my aunt thats a nurse and she told me what to do and what to look for incase i need stitches...i hurts a little bit today cuz of the bruising so i'm going to try and rest as much as i can today that way i dont use my eyes so help not irritate it with blinking and eye movement...anyway here's a pic of from about 40mins ago after i removed the band aid, quality isn't that great since i took it with my phone

me46.jpg

[you cant tell in this pic, but theres a lot of purple/redness in the outter lid and v area]

anywayyy...
have a good day everyone :)

nursee81

Hope you feel better, and you should take your self shopping for some mac items to use once it heals....

xxprettyinblkxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
awwww! it doesn't look too bad, i'm sure it hurt though! as a dog groomer, let me tell you that chow chows are the one breed that a lot of groomers won't go near. and its because of one big thing: their unpredictability! make sure to take your puppy to obedience school as soon as you get a chance, and hopefully this kind of incident can be avoided. it will also help to socialize your puppy to a large variety of people, animals, situations, noises, etc. just make sure that it is nonthreatening and you have control over the puppy (don't need this kind of thing happening to someone else or another animal). good luck with him! adorable
smiles.gif

hehe, we had another chow before this guy, and we had him for 13 years, he just passed away 2 months ago from lung cancer *none of us smoke, and neither did he hehe, but it could have been genetics*, and he was kicked out of just about everyone groomer in town, except this one groomer, she loved him and knew how to handle chows just right. it would take her literally all day to groom him, just cuz she would do it in stages, like she'd work on him for a while, then once he started to show signs of stress or aggervation she'd put him away and go work on other dogs for a while, then go back to him...she did a fabulous job on him everytime too. the vet for him *who unfortunately retired recently* knew how to handle chows very well also, he would show no sign of fear and literally get into Simba's face and tell him whats up...with this breed i think only a certain kind of person can handle them, someone who is dominating. but my parents and i love chows, they are the perfect kind of dog for our lifestyle, and each chow does a have a different personality, but the same breed traits...if that makes sense...but yeah, we are having this one dog trainer come out to our house and help us with Apollo, this trainer is good for dogs like chows because its more of training the owner than it is training the dog...you hafta remember, we havent had a puppy in 13 years lol and Simba as a pup was easy...anyway thanks again for your concern and well wishes :) and good luck with grooming a chow :)

Debbie

...omg, I wouldn't have any of it. Lol..but then again, if my pug were 4 months old, he'd get away with anything (except, maybe chewing up my purses).

...but now, he'd be in BIG trouble.

kimmy

whoa...that looks like many ouchs. i hope it's healing well! i'm glad my dog hasn't bit my face yet, she's such a high strung chick though she'll probably end up taking part of my face off someday on accident haha.

Latest posts