Non-MAC Brands, Supplies and Stores: Questions & Where to Find Them in European Areas

lunamaris

Hi!
1. Does anybody know where I can get O.P.I nail polish in Vienna/Austria? I wish we had more brands here..

Thank you
smiles.gif

2. Just wanted to share, that at the Parndorf Outlet near Vienna they have older MAC Collections, Bobbi Brown, etc.

Miss Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupmadb
Hi UK girls! I thought I'd let you know of a discovery I made the other day. I was at an outlet shopping centre and went in the Designer Room.
And to my shock I saw a whole NYX makeup stand, I couldn't believe it as I've never seen it in the UK before. They also sold brushes on the counter.

I've had a look online and the Designer Room seems to be at most McArthurGlen group outlet centres.

The trios were £4.60, some eyeshadow brushes were around £2.50 as well as the jumbo eye/lip pencils.

Hope this helps!

Which outlet centre where you at?

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Virtue
Which outlet centre where you at?

It was one in Wales called Ebbw Vale festival park. It was not a very good outlet centre as it hasn't many shops, but I thought I'd visit as it had been advertised. NYX was great to see! But they have the store Designer Room at many outlet centres including Ashford in London but I haven't been able to look there.

toparistonight

I don't know if this should go here or in the NARS forum, but I wanted to tell the girls in the UK my news, haha. Went into Reading (Berkshire) today and in the John Lewis there they had a NARS stand! I used to always have to go into London to get my NARS fix or get it from the website, but this makes me so so happy. I'm hoping they'll start putting more counters into John Lewis'. (Plus, if you're like me and work for the JL Partnership - discount!)
Just thought I'd let you know since I'm psyched about this, lol.

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by toparistonight
I don't know if this should go here or in the NARS forum, but I wanted to tell the girls in the UK my news, haha. Went into Reading (Berkshire) today and in the John Lewis there they had a NARS stand! I used to always have to go into London to get my NARS fix or get it from the website, but this makes me so so happy. I'm hoping they'll start putting more counters into John Lewis'. (Plus, if you're like me and work for the JL Partnership - discount!)
Just thought I'd let you know since I'm psyched about this, lol.

Wow thankyou so much for letting me know! I go to Reading a bit as it's my home town lol. Yay!!
greengrin.gif

They have a Space NK at Marlow too in case you didn't know?

bellagloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ella_
In the Netherlands you can buy drugstorebrands at DA, Kruidvat, Trekpleister, Etos and other drugstores.

High end makeup at Douglas (some even with MAC counters!) Ici Paris and we got Sephora
yahoo.gif

Do you know where you have Sephora ??

winkiss.gif

petitetamtam

Hi lovelies

I was bored and was looking into LUSH poducts , but since they are extremely expensive I never got anything in Germany a massage bar is like 12 Euros whereas in the UK its like 6 Pounds ....so I just wanted to let you know that you can order LUSH also from the UK site and save a bit of money shipping is around 6 -7 Euros so definately check it out if you are a LUSH fan !

Ps it just get´s me really mad that in Germany everything seems to be almost 1/3 or even double the price.
cry.gif

Portia73

MUFE HD ALL shades in the UK

Hello All.

I have been looking for MakeupForever HD foundation for yonks and yonks. I did find a shop in Shepherds Bush called P.A.M but they only stocked a few shades. (they now also do the new shades too but more pricey) I found a new stockist who do all the american shades. So Ive ordered a few foundations and Ive ordered the elusive #92, #75 (hot pink) eyeshadow as well which they had in stock. I ordered #72 which is a vibrant turqoise and #99 which is a bright red.

The shop is called Guru Makeup Emporium. They don't have a fancy website just a price list as such and you ring in with the orders. Of and its cheaper than the P.A.M shop. Hope it all goes well.

the link is....

Professional TV, Film & Editorial Makeup Supplies London

So lets see what its all about. I should get my delivery within a day or 2. I shall update more with some pics then

Cheerio!
th_DANCE.gif

P.S have I jumped on the UK all shades bandwagon a bit late?

user79

Anyone know a European online retailer for makeup traincases for freelancing? Something like Yazmo.com but this is a US site and shipping a large traincase is too pricey. Am looking for a European traincase retailer, I have looked everywhere here in Switzerland and even called some makeup schools and they did not help me further!! So frustrating.

Marjolaine

Hi, are there any Austrian girls here? I'll be in Innsbruck in June and July and I desperately need to find MAC store there or I go crazy :p I checked and there seems like no store in Innsbruck, where do you guys advice me to go for the closest MAC store? It can be a corner, AVM, or I don't know where it is sold in Austria? Thanks
smiles.gif
))

anita22

For anyone trying to score some Cargo in the UK, this is a list of all the Sainsbury's stores that stock Cargo:

Bagshot Road
Brookwood
Burpham
Calcot
Cheadle
Cobham
Cromwell Road
Dulwich
Godalming
Hayes
Haywards Heath
Hazel Grove
London Colney
Macclesfield
Salford
Sevenoaks
Stanway
Sydenham
Warrington
Watchmoor Park
Water Lane
West Hove

There is a store locator on Sainsbury.co.uk if you need to look up addresses.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Puddleduck
Hmm just found this website for NYX in the UK, there are a chain of salons based in Oxford, it doesn't say they will let you buy over the phone but i bet if you were desperate and you knew exactly what you wanted they would send it to you ... could be worth a shot?

Our Product Range - Segais Hair Design

Thanks for this!! I'm actually in Oxford myself so I'll have to check this out... they're actually located sort of in the outskirts but I may drive out and have a look when I have the chance. Will report back if I do!

Portia73

Thye no longer do Cargo in Sainsburys, I visited the Cheadle one in Manchester, as i knew when i visited in the summer they deffo had some but i was in far too much of a rush to stop and look ( i reaally wanted to)
so i went there yesterday and nothing!! zilch! now when does a girl go?

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia73
Thye no longer do Cargo in Sainsburys, I visited the Cheadle one in Manchester, as i knew when i visited in the summer they deffo had some but i was in far too much of a rush to stop and look ( i reaally wanted to)
so i went there yesterday and nothing!! zilch! now when does a girl go?

They sell Cargo on the Boots website and I've also seen stands in the larger Boots stores. I hope this helps.