Northern Light for darker skin tones (NC45)

Bey28

Hi All,

I'm NC45 and I've been trying to make Northern Light MSF work. It's just not happening
ssad.gif
Any suggestions or should I just take it back? It's so pretty but if I can't get it to work then it really is a waste of money? Tell me your shade i.e NC45 and let me know how you use it. TIA
smiles.gif

yummy411

i'm nc35-37.. but for you i would layer it highlighter overlapping your reg choice of blush! please try it, it's gorgeous... i'm going to have a makeup party tomorrow. i'm going to try it on an nc45 or darker skin tone and i'll let you know how it goes!

me_jelly

I'm NC35 and this shows up as a soft glowy pink on me.

Have you tried spritzing a little bit of Fix++ on your brush before applying? It'll defeinitely make the color more intense on your skin. Hopefully that works, good luck!

frocher

Could you use a skunk brush for subtle highlights? I am a NC15 and on me it is a rosy-pink blush with shimmer.

zdazzle

What's not working about it for you? NW45 here, I tried a couple of these in the MAC store and they just made me look ashy.

rabideloise

I'm not dark at all, but maybe try layering it over a CCB, like Fabulush or maybe a neutral like Shell, Hush, Fawn, or Bronze?

MisaMayah

It's such a subtle colour on darker skintones. I use it as a highlight over layer over a powder bluch in a similar colour.

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
bey28.. what's the verdict? what did you decide?

I'm curious as well! Hope you found a way to make it work!

If anything, I think with a little Fix+ or water on the brush, you might be able to use it as a subtle hightlighter

moonlit

I think I am NC 30 .. Northern lights shows up on me.. Try it with Fix + or swirl a couple of times (say 3-5) and then dab it on ur cheeks.I use the 183 for this if I want it dark.For a light hand, I use 187 brush

Latest posts