NOTD - Canada Day!

JennsJewelz

Hey everyone! Long time, no see!

My nails were short, but I wanted to try something festive for Canada Day - I ended up with rainbow fireworks over a French manicure on my fingers, and little Canadian flags on my thumbs!

I later added a coat of MAC Unconditionally Fabulous, which I thought added even more to the fireworks effect... sorry for the pic quality!

Next time I do any sort of fireworks mani, I think I'll try this over a dark navy base instead to mimic the night sky! :) What do you think? Anyone going to try something like this for the 4th of July tomorrow?

Products used:

Essie - First Base Base Coat
Essie - Sugar Daddy
Witchcraft Nail Art - White
Essence Colour & Go Quick Drying Nail Polish - 98 Walk on Air
Essence - 55 Let's Get Lost
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color - 340 Mint Sorbet
Sally Hansen - 110 Green With Envy
Sally Hansen - 360 Mellow Yellow
Sally Hansen - 150 Sun Kissed
Sephora by OPI Nail Colour - Arm Candy
Essie - 381 Fishnet Stockings
Quo by Orly Polish
MAC Nail Lacquer - Unconditionally Fabulous

brokenxbeauty

Do you have any tips on how to get better at creating all the little details?
I wish I would have thought of fireworks! I just ended up painting my nails like the flag lol.

JennsJewelz

^ Lol! That's really cute :) I'm sure they look great!

I've used a variety of things in the past to get really specific details... toothpicks are great, and then practicing on wax paper beforehand can help you with handling! Nail Art Pens are also great, because it's literally like drawing a picture on your nails!

My right hand is always worse (slowly getting better!), but I do find that resting my hand on my opposite palm while I'm painting keeps me steady for smaller details. Sometimes I find my left hand little shaky if the right hand is on the table while I'm painting. I also just bought a Quo set from Shopper's Drug Mart with a really small, fine nail painting brush and a dotting tool in two different sizes. You may be able to find something similar online or at a beauty supply store for fairly cheap!

HTH
pompom.gif

Latest posts