OCC lip tars

martiangurll

I love all these colors but I think the fact that they are called "tars" has me believing they will be unbearably sticky. Is that wrong?

Eims

I thought that too, imagined they'd be like a really thick gloss. I guess they're more like a paint? They're just liquid-y (is that a word?) and you need a brush to apply, but on your lips they're like any other lippie. Definitely not as sticky as a gloss

CartoonChic

I thought that too, imagined they'd be like a really thick gloss. I guess they're more like a paint? They're just liquid-y (is that a word?) and you need a brush to apply, but on your lips they're like any other lippie. Definitely not as sticky as a gloss
iagree.gif
I don't find it to be sticky at all. It's like a liquid lipstick.

hwdsprincess

I went to the OCC website yesterday and ordered Belladonna (i love the color in the tube - i hope it's as good IRL - anyone have a swatch?) and Butch, a medium-light heliotrope / periwinkle blue from the Fall/Winter 2011 collection. Here are swatches: http://www.temptalia.com/occ-butch-lip-tar-review-photos-swatches Since Butch is being discontinued i had to get it NOW and it was only $10, so it was a decent deal. I hope sephora will carry the full range of OCC colors because there are several i want to test, for starters, Pennyroyal, Lydia, and Sibyl. Black Dahlia looks great in the tube, but too much like other plum lipsticks i already have, so i'm not getting too excited about it - but i could be won over in a test... BTW, can anyone recommend a good lip brush? I bought one from Coastal Scents a couple years ago and it sucked - they've since discontinued it. I have a wonderful Revlon retractable lip brush, from the 1960s, i think, back when Revlon was considered a more luxurious brand. The brush comes in a gold tube. It pushes up and when you're done using it, cap presses down on a little flange and retracts the brush. It's really a fantastic brush, too, but i worry about wearing it out.
I used a Sonia kashuk (spelling?) from target and I actually liked it but I'm not sure the number because it came in a set, I want to try the e.l.f brand from target lip brushes because I heard they're cheap yet work so good which I can use one for each lip tar lol since I'm not normally a lip brush person till the lip tars. Thanks for the info I'll def try out the occ site especially for $10 bucks

hwdsprincess

I was surprised that I got my shipment today. Queen was in the box, but I have to wait for Belladonna because it's backordered. I'll try Queen on tomorrow since it's too late now. I'm also going to experiment with using Lip Tars as bases for lipsticks to make the lipstick colors more vibrant and to see if they last longer. I'll start with Nylon as a base for CYY. There was also a coupon in my box for $10 off a $40 purchase. It shouldn't be any surprise what I'm going to order.
I got the same coupon and w free shipping, that works for me and pretty cool that it doesn't expire till nov, glad I heard of that website I'll be coming for more liptars again.

CartoonChic

I got the same coupon and w free shipping, that works for me and pretty cool that it doesn't expire till nov, glad I heard of that website I'll be coming for more liptars again.
I know. I was about to use it instantly, but stopped myself to make sure there's nothing else I might want since I have some time to think about it. I'm also hoping they'll do another free lip tar promotion. I think that's really what I'm waiting for.

kimibos

I know. I was about to use it instantly, but stopped myself to make sure there's nothing else I might want since I have some time to think about it. I'm also hoping they'll do another free lip tar promotion. I think that's really what I'm waiting for.
omg another promotion would be cool. i have to use the coupon, but i havent decided on what i want. maybe if they get the new colors before the 30th ill just buy lydia and black dalia + belladona.

CartoonChic

say what? my expires the 30th of this month.

omg another promotion would be cool. i have to use the coupon, but i havent decided on what i want. maybe if they get the new colors before the 30th ill just buy lydia and black dalia + belladona.
I definitely know I'm getting the Lip Tar set. It's already a great deal on its own, and the coupon makes it even better. It would be a triple whammy if I could get a free lip tar too.

hwdsprincess

say what? my expires the 30th of this month.        omg another promotion would be cool. i have to use the coupon, but i havent decided on what i want. maybe if they get the new colors before the 30th ill just buy lydia and black dalia + belladona. 
Dang really mine expires nov 30. Maybe u can call them for an extension : ) I think I want one of the sets too, lol we're terrible, as if we really need so much MORE makeup..... (thinking in head, yea we do)

CartoonChic

I tried on Queen and I'm very happy with it! Although my application is still in need of serious practice. It's closest in color to Impassioned and Party Parrot. Since I already have on Queen, I decided to do my experiment with Queen and Impassioned instead of Nylon and CYY.

Using Queen as a base, I applied Impassioned on top of it. That made the color even stronger and more vibrant on my lips. My lips don't feel dry or sticky at all. There's also a nice sheen, so this may not be effective if you want a matte look. Over application of the lip tar or lipstick could make things goopy. I think I will continue to use lip tars as bases when I really want colors to pop.

Piarpreet

I tried on Queen and I'm very happy with it! Although my application is still in need of serious practice. It's closest in color to Impassioned and Party Parrot. Since I already have on Queen, I decided to do my experiment with Queen and Impassioned instead of Nylon and CYY.

Using Queen as a base, I applied Impassioned on top of it. That made the color even stronger and more vibrant on my lips. My lips don't feel dry or sticky at all. There's also a nice sheen, so this may not be effective if you want a matte look. Over application of the lip tar or lipstick could make things goopy. I think I will continue to use lip tars as bases when I really want colors to pop.
oh my i found it extremely easy! u want me to show u how i do it?

gunid86

I love lips tars and i hate them at the same time. the are good for looks and for tutorials but honestly its just hard to keep up with wearing it during the day. i feel its super drying, and that it always ends up looking nasty and you could just keep reapplying all day long but it wont look that great, but for taking pictuures or when i do tutorials, sometimes i use them,... this is one look I did when I used Belladonna.. beautiful color.

Yazmin

Here are swatches of Harlot, Queen and Radiate. In the tube, they look similar, but they are definitely different when swatched:

With flash:

Harlot, Radiate and Queen (with flash):

Without flash:

CartoonChic

oh my i found it extremely easy! u want me to show u how i do it?
YES! I put a tiny dab on my brush, but then it's not enough. The application gets uneven. So I add more and it's too much. It's splotchy and goopy at the same time. I also think my tiny lip brush tip isn't helping matters. It'll probably apply better for me with a bigger brush.

CartoonChic

Here are swatches of Harlot, Queen and Radiate. In the tube, they look similar, but they are definitely different when swatched:

With flash:

Harlot, Radiate and Queen (with flash):

Without flash:
I'm glad that they're different. It justifies getting all three.

TheLadyDanger

Hi everyone -- for those having splotchy results when applying Lip Tars, I suggest shaking the tube first a few times before squeezing any product out. I've noticed overtime, the Lip Tars separate over time.

I also use a retractable lip brush from Sonia Kashuk from Target. I like this brush because it's size (the tip of the brush) is small and pointy enough to create crisp lines, yet it is big enough to apply the product in a short amount of time.

I often start application with my lower lip and once I am finished with it, I press my lips together and the Lip Tar transfers without disrupting my lower lip since the color is opaque. So when I do my upper lip, it takes less time.

CartoonChic

Hi everyone -- for those having splotchy results when applying Lip Tars, I suggest shaking the tube first a few times before squeezing any product out. I've noticed overtime, the Lip Tars separate over time.

I also use a retractable lip brush from Sonia Kashuk from Target. I like this brush because it's size (the tip of the brush) is small and pointy enough to create crisp lines, yet it is big enough to apply the product in a short amount of time.

I often start application with my lower lip and once I am finished with it, I press my lips together and the Lip Tar transfers without disrupting my lower lip since the color is opaque. So when I do my upper lip, it takes less time.
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try this method. Belladonna is back in stock at Beauty.com, so the one I ordered has finally shipped. I hope it's delivered this week.

Liz2012

Received my first Lip Tar (Nylon) today, and i must say i love it!
love.gif
Love the color intensity and love the fact that you do need very little, this Lip Tar will last me a longggg time! Definitely will be getting more colors cause i really like the idea of being able to mix them :)