Official Discontinued Items List 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Re: Official Discontinued Items List August '08 - Updated 11 Sep 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
You have to try the Anastasia brow products. They carry them at Sephora and some Nordies. IMO, they are much better than the brow shaders. I think you will be pleased.
winks.gif

yes I agree. Anastasia has the best brow products ... on my wish list.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
So much for my minimalist look: I usually wear Select Tint foundation with the Studio Touch Up concealer. And both are being discontinued
angry.gif

They do have a new tinted moisturizer in the works, so don't despair!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
On the UK goodbyes section I just noticed the following eyeshadows being discontinued:

Soft Brown
Saddle
Bamboo
Motif
Brown Script

Boooo
ssad.gif

Wow. That surprises me. Those all sell pretty well in the US.

Patricia

is it posssble to discontinue products only in one country but keep them in the rest of the world?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
is it posssble to discontinue products only in one country but keep them in the rest of the world?

Generally the only time you see big differences in products sold is between the asian market and the rest of the markets.

I question whether those shadows are an error, though. I do see them in the "Goodbyes" section on the UK site, but they don't have the ToD yet. They just seem too popular to discontine. Hmmm....I guess we shall see.

capmorlovesmac

Oh no this list is sooo long!
ssad.gif

Luckily I bought the large pencil sharpener just a couple of weeks ago and the 225 too. I already heard about the post haste e/s will be discontinued, so I bought one. Good that I also bought Pen n' Pink and Signed, Sealed.
wtff.gif
Those are soo pretty colours. I really hope that Mac fills the empty space with some new great colours!
001_unsure.gif

MAC_Whore

Just an FYI, the brushes that were being DCd from MAC stores & online to Pro store only status are now available on the pro site: MAC PRO | Brushes.

tiramisu

Re: Many items with the TOD next to them on the MAC site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I noticed Snowgirl l/g too. Not sure if we knew about that one or not.

i sure noticed. this is one of my all time favorites. i was thinking I had time to buy up a bunch online when I saw the TOD on it ... then poof it was gone. I am keeping my eyes peeled for it to show up at the CCO and getting a mini haul of just snowgirl l/g's.

I am sad.
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
They do have a new tinted moisturizer in the works, so don't despair!
smiles.gif

Is it technically a TM, because technically, ST isn't/wasn't? I can't wait for the replacement. And I love this new smiley.
mac_haul.gif

1165Cheryl

I'm going to stock up on both before they are gone unless it's already too late. As everyone has said, your ladyship would be great. Frost has never been one of my good sellers for some reason. I'd say over the last 4-5 years it's in my top 10 least sold pigments.....

I was never a big fan of the frostlite fluidline so i guess i wont miss it...but I do have it just in case i feel like forgiving it not seeing me eye to eye when i want to.

But what I will miss and I hope next summer they bring back are the Studio Mist Foundations. so little spray cans not only are so cool, but I think gave me and my friends the hottest glow and moisture as far as foundations go. I heard good things about the tint ones too but maybe i might try to catch one before its all gone.

syrene78

I am sad about Fairylite though...

MisaMayah

Quote:
On the UK goodbyes section I just noticed the following eyeshadows being discontinued:

Soft Brown
Saddle
Bamboo
Motif
Brown Script

Boooo
ssad.gif

These are still in the goodbyes section and its October now..i love those brown e/s.I wonder what's the deal because im thinking whether I should by backups! Can anyone clarify??

erine1881

Quote:

Soft Brown
Saddle
Bamboo
Motif
Brown Script

Boooo
ssad.gif

they aren't being DC'd in the US. at least not now. they're still available online and i haven't seen them listed on any DC papers at my counter.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Is it technically a TM, because technically, ST isn't/wasn't? I can't wait for the replacement. And I love this new smiley.
mac_haul.gif

No, technically ST wasn't a TM, but for all intents and purposes, it really performed like one for me. Gray area, I guess.
smiles.gif

I am really looking forward to a tinted moisturizer, as well.

kmae

Does anyone know if the studio mist is going to come back with a different container? I heard they were just being d/c because of the packaging. I love studio mist! But I hate the container so I hope it's true!!!

doodles

Oh god damn-it, I just fell in love with the Brow Finisher in Wheat.
cry.gif
Seriously...I'm bummed...

msthrope

Quote:

Soft Brown
Saddle
Bamboo
Motif
Brown Script

Boooo
ssad.gif

i called my counter (i live in calgary, canada) today to get a few of these put aside and they were in the process of pulling them to send them back, so they are definitely being D/C here as well.

syrene78

I am really surprised about Saddle. It is such a nice color. Hopefully they will stay in the US, or at least as PRO colors!

doodles

I was going to do a Live Chat yesterday with one of the artists but I forgot (that is, until I was heading out the door for the evening).

Status
Not open for further replies.