Official Discontinued Items List 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

Re: Official Discontinued Items List August '08 - Updated 11 Sep 08

Taupe pencil is the one item from Mac I use the most. There is nothing like it. It was one of the first things I bought from the original Mac store on Christopher st. I use it as a liner, lip and eye and as a brow filler. I am really upset, this seems like such a basic item, there is nothing comparible from Mac.

Zantedge

Foxy Lady eye kohl has the TOD. Not sure if this was posted already.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
Hmm.. hi guys! On the pro site, the loose blot powders as well as Full Coverage are listing limited colors, and all have TODs. Is this a temporary thing (as it's been said they are transitioning these items from the full line to pro stores only)?

They just haven't made the transition yet, it would seem.
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

I updated the master list with the few things mentioned above, as well as a few other things I noticed.
smiles.gif

panda0410

True Red propan blush has the ToD as well
ssad.gif
Just noticed it today on the US site.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
True Red propan blush has the ToD as well
ssad.gif
Just noticed it today on the US site.

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot about True Red since the pot form was sold out a while ago.
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Re: Official Discontinued Items List August '08 - Updated 14 Nov 08

So one of MAC's regional trainers recommended Select Tint Spf15 to me yesterday but my store was out of it, and now I see that it's DC'd which is why Mac's website is plum out of the shades! ARGH. lol. Does anyone know if there will be a replacement?

jardinaires

so, i used up all my foxy lady kohl, and go out to MAC to buy another one the other day along with some other things. and behold, there's absolutely NONE in the entire place. i had no idea this was getting discontinued. they did however, for whatever reason, had 1 foxtail technakohl liner left, and i considered getting that but i passed just because i came there for foxy lady and they did not have it and i absolutely hate technakohl. WHY did they discontinue foxy lady? i'm 100% mad at MAC for this.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardinaires
so, i used up all my foxy lady kohl, and go out to MAC to buy another one the other day along with some other things. and behold, there's absolutely NONE in the entire place. i had no idea this was getting discontinued. they did however, for whatever reason, had 1 foxtail technakohl liner left, and i considered getting that but i passed just because i came there for foxy lady and they did not have it and i absolutely hate technakohl. WHY did they discontinue foxy lady? i'm 100% mad at MAC for this.

we still have it. we haven't RTV'd anything yet, and we need to. we have no drawer space for anything!

Ashleybubbles83

wow...all this stuff being discontinued...maybe it just means we're gonna get a bunch of cool new stuff in the future!

abbyquack

^^ I hope so!

My MA said they're phasing out the paints entirely- that means Bare Canvas and all the other popular ones as well.
thmbdn.gif
Anyone else hear this nasty rumor? She said she ordered like 5 backups from the Pro line. I might need to do the same!

Kaelean

I really hope they have some pretty new colors/products in store, that will maybe make up for all the discontinued things....but well I´ll guess I will just have to wait and see (or bug my MA
th_LMAO.gif
)

capmorlovesmac

I have Bare Canvas Paint for a while now but just today I noticed how awesome these paints are when I used Flammable.
With the 252 from the holiday set it was a dream to blend (a painful dream because this brush pokes like hell.. I will have to buy the fullsize one)!
I wanted to buy Deep Shadow but the store was already out of it but the tester was still there. The color:
drools.gif

But I bought three other shades. I am so sad I missed so many Paints and now they are almost all gone!
crybaby.gif
angry.gif

Patricia

i'm still sad about the blushcremes
ssad.gif

liz749

phasing out paints? say it ain't so!

MAC_Whore

I realized something this weekend. Cherche, my fave blush creme that was DCd (so I had thought), is actally a pro only product now. Yay!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I realized something this weekend. Cherche, my fave blush creme that was DCd (so I had thought), is actally a pro only product now. Yay!

saweet!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
saweet!

That's what I'm sayin'! IMO, Cherche is one of the most overlooked star products from MAC.

capmorlovesmac

I was really lucky that I could buy and order the last Flammable Paints available in my area and I love this Paint so much
heart.gif
.. but now Flammable Paint is haunting me!
On my online Paint hunt I ordered the last Deep Shadow Paint and what was in the Deep Shadow packaging as I received the order today? Flammable!
SOS.gif
lol.gif

Unfortunately the pro store is already out of Deep Shadow so I won't get my hands on that but I could swatch the tester because it was still on the display and 08 Rusty Brown Creamy Metal Eye Shadow by NIVEA Beauté (also in a nice tube form like the Paints) is a nice dupe of it. It is sheerer though but till 14th the NIVEA Beauté stuff is 25% off here so they are only 5+ EUR
yahoo.gif
!

However I returned the Flammable in the wrong packaging because it looked used.. eww!

capmorlovesmac

Not all shades of the Full Coverage Foundation aren't up on the pro site yet but the foundation is gone on the regular website.
eeksign.gif

Will they definitely all be pro items? I'd like to try the foundation in NC15 but I'd love to wait until next year.
SOS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.