OKE don't laugh!.. :D And concealer question!

Didididums

Hey people! Oke, firstly...

So lame, but, I have actually opened my own MAC savings account..

It might sound a little silly.. but, it's so that I can control my spending and pretty much guarantee that I can keep building up my collection without any dry spells where i'm totally skint! (If you don't know, i'm a MAC newbie and currently own only 4 MAC items! :O) I know, shameful :p

But anyway, my concealer question..

I have pretty dark under eye circles which I have had from a young aga and can't seem to get rid of and I also have slightly deep set eyes wich seems to enhance the tired look quite a bit..

I was wondering if anyone had ideas on which MAC concealer would suit me best considering my problem..

Help would be much appreciated as I have no clue!!

Thanks
smiles.gif

dietcokeg

ive only tried 2 concealers from Mac - studio finish and studio stick - coverage wise i prefer the studio stick concealer! but studio finish is pretty damn good too!

Susanne

I have moved this thread into the Recommendations forum as you will get more answers there for your concealer question.

Mabelle

i cant recommend a mac concealer, but my favourites are benefit boing concealer and mufe full coverage concealer. Both give maximum coverage and not feel or look cakey. Boing comes in a pot and is a cream, MUFE is a liquid in a tube

Didididums

Thanks Mabelle i'll deffo check out Boiing, theres a benefit where I wokr which means discount
greengrin.gif
I'm not sure how to get hold of the mufe one from where I live... :S

Thanks alot
smiles.gif

kimmy

first, i think a mac account is a good idea. it will help keep you spending responsibly.
smiles.gif

second, have you tried any creams to help lessen the appearance of your dark circles? i've been using clinique all about eyes and it makes my eyes so bright and awake-looking. i don't usually get alot of good sleep, so i kind of grew accustomed to those dark circles but clinique's cream made them disappear completely. if creams don't work for you, i suggest mac studio sculpt concealer...but make sure you moisturize appropriately before use.
winks.gif

January

I think a MAC Savings account is an amazing idea!!

To answer your question, I think you should look into the MAC Select Moisturecover for your under eye circles. It's not drying, so it won't look cakey and settle into the lines under your eyes.

Go with an NW shade, the concealers run pretty light - so remember that if you're not getting matched in the store.

CrazyBlue

I use Mac's Studio Finish Concealor and it works pretty well , although my dark circles arent very prominent but it does a nice job to cover them up .

Also your Mac Account idea is pretty innovative , whatever works for you
greengrin.gif

Didididums

Heh!! Thanks alot guys! I'll probably be matched instore anyway, cause I hate buying makeup online! The problem is, now I have alot of great concealers reccomended to be, I have to choose..
greengrin.gif
I guess it's gonna be trial an error before I find the right one! Thaknyou all for your suggestions!!

Oh.. and thanks for the kudos on my account idea!
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

I mainly use the moisturecover or studio sculpt for my undereye area. Moisturecover is what I prefer because of the lightness of it and because it's moisturizing and gentle for that delicate undereye skin. Studio Sculpt is okay, but it's thicker so it tends to be little cakey and go into the fine lines. And like others said, the NW colours are good for that purpose.
smiles.gif

From other brands I like the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. First you layer the corrector which is a peachy shade and then you put on top the concealer that is the colour of your foundation (these are meant to be layered). These are quite thick, but very pigmented, so a tiny thin layer of each is enough.
smiles.gif

cmonster

for dark circles you should probably look for something that's less fluid like the studio finish concealer. if it doesn`t cover enough you can always try dabbing a bit of orange lipstick to cancel the blue and then the concealer to cover the orange ^^ props to xsparkage for the tip

Didididums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonster
for dark circles you should probably look for something that's less fluid like the studio finish concealer. if it doesn`t cover enough you can always try dabbing a bit of orange lipstick to cancel the blue and then the concealer to cover the orange ^^ props to xsparkage for the tip

Heh, Thanks Cmonster! I've actually tied this after the watching xsparkage vid but I an never seem to make it look right?

I'll give it another go though
smiles.gif

Didididums

By the way, I have also been highly advised to get Estee Lauder maximum cover which is meant to be a full coverage camo.. I heard it can be used to cover scars and tattoos etc, anyone have any experience of this?

xKiKix

i've been using lancome's effacernes after a trail of concealer test and this one is totally the best, drys to a matte texture, water proof, and best of all great coverage without too cakey since the concealer doesnt have a thick consistency. hth.

Didididums

Hi poeple
smiles.gif
Just an update! I bought Estee Lauder's double wear concealer today and so far i'm liking it
greengrin.gif
not cakey at all and it get's a really nice coverage, I only got it for £12.50 too cause of my staff discount XD

Thankyou all for your help
smiles.gif

Latest posts