Older Man?

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
but in all honesty.....sexy ass George Clooney (age 47) would get it. hard.

I literally LOL'd at this!
th_LMAO.gif
I'd give it to him pretty damn hard too!!
drools.gif

Thanks for everyone's input! I feel better about it and I'm going to just relax and see where it goes. You only live once right? ... And a good man is hard to find!

Septemba

I find older men can be incredibly sexy and attractive, aesthetically I am not attracted to babyfaced men or men my age in general, anyway... I like a man to have been through the wars a bit and have some sense.
lol.gif

And that's not some twisted Oedipus complex wherein I covet my father.
nonono.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenin4makeup
I literally LOL'd at this!
th_LMAO.gif
I'd give it to him pretty damn hard too!!
drools.gif

Thanks for everyone's input! I feel better about it and I'm going to just relax and see where it goes. You only live once right? ... And a good man is hard to find!

^^ hell yeah he is...and don't be looking at mine if you let this one get away!!! Don't cross the Dallas County line!!!
rules.gif
boxing.gif

MissResha

OMFG dont get me started on Brad Pitt. i swear, for YEARS i did NOT see what the big deal was with him. but when i saw him in Mr. & Mrs. Smith, i fell in LOVE. he's on my GET IT HARD list too. lord have mercy....*grabs a church fan*

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ hell yeah he is...and don't be looking at mine if you let this one get away!!! Don't cross the Dallas County line!!!
rules.gif
boxing.gif

Don't you worry! LOL... Isn't Dallas where they film Cheaters?
th_wink3.gif
LOL... Not my style, I like to get my own man. Not a sloppy seconds kind of girl...
nonono.gif

Septemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
OMFG dont get me started on Brad Pitt. i swear, for YEARS i did NOT see what the big deal was with him. but when i saw him in Mr. & Mrs. Smith, i fell in LOVE. he's on my GET IT HARD list too. lord have mercy....*grabs a church fan*

I *still* do not get the appeal of Brad... what is it?!

TISH1124

He just sexy...It's the face, the teeth, the smile...the grubbiness......The body is pretty nice too...My husband and him are built the same way....If I could get him and Brad to switch heads for a few nights a week...He would get lucky as &^%#!!!! FOR REAL!!!

Let me make myself Clear..I would SO ^^%$ HIM!!!

brad_pitt_chest.jpg

MissResha

^^LMAO

he's very sexy. the way he talks. his swagger. i mean, he's just a sexy motherfucker to be honest. i like him way better with shorter hair. i wasnt into him during the interview with a vampire days. i was like "nah". but his sex appeal in Mr./Mrs. Smith was undeniable. Him and Angie make a great couple. i bet they have insane sex.

Sushi.

I dont think you should let it bother you at all.
If love is there, love is there. Who cares about the age difference, thats just a number. My boyfriend is 5 years older then me, i know thats not alot, but at the time i was quite young when we started dating, and alot of people just thought he was trying to take advantage of me, but we're still together today and plan on buying a house together in the next few years. He's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love him.

I also once liked another guy who was 10 years older then me, he was very nice, i met him through friends, and believe me if he turned out to be what i have now with my current boyfriend, I would'nt have hesitated to be with him. (you know what i mean, if I had never met my boyfriend, etc. lol) So just showing my point that a number does'nt change what makes you happy.

Septemba

I think the age difference is more apparent when people are in their teens because I think it's such a whirlwind time... I hated it. So many changes happen in one year, I think you can make the same amount of growth and changes in one year as a teen than an adult can in 5-10 years!

I think there's much more of a gap in maturity (generally speaking) between a 14 and 19 y/o, and a 24 and 29 y/o.

When I was 12, I had a 13 y/o friend who had a 22 year old boyfriend. Everyone at my school thought it was just so cool that he'd be interested in her and I look back now and feel sick. That's an adult chasing a little girl.

Sushi.

13 and 22 is a big difference, but men mature ALOT slower then woman, so you could have a very mature 13 year old with a very imature 22 year old. of course the chances are alot better that its not going to happen, but there is a chance that it could happen.

I personaly matured extremely young. 8 to be exact is when i became "a woman" There was a very obvious difference in my maturity and my classmates. Because of this i ended up hanging out with people alot older then me. And they were'nt just those people who hung out with younger people, i was the only person my age in my group of friends. I met most of them through work. I started doing correspondece when I was 15 cause I could not stand being with the people at my school, At 16 I was doing correspondence, working 2 full time jobs, and had my own online buisness for a little extra cash and fun. By 18, I moved out on my own into a house that I purchased with my cousin. Im now in college full time for Digital Media Design, still have an online buisness, and currently looking for a part time job to help with my savings, and mortgage. So i think its safe to say that Im one person who grew up quite fast. Just to show that it does happen.

malteze_bubbleg

age is just a number.....my friend who is in her 30's has a bf whose 15 yrs older than her and their relationship is great. on the other hand i have another friend whose 40 but her bf is close to 60 and he has a very old mentality...so much so that she is getting feeling hurt by him...hes got a very traditional mediterranean mentality. Like he will not take her around his kids who are all adults and married like he is scared!!!and shes a very nice person. i dont know how it is with people in the US but where im from many older people have an old mentality, but i guess its part of the culture!!!

so i say do what makes you feel happy. dont worry about what others think. we cannot live to make others happy. we have to make ourselves happy first! like you said you can start as friends and than see how it goes from there =)

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
You're both adults. That's the most important factor to me. If you click well and you have a good time together, don't let an age gap keep you from developing a relationship.

yes.gif
iagree.gif

lara

When you're 13 and dating a 25 year-old, that's a cause for concern.
When you're 30-something dating a 40-something, who cares?

You've finished growing physically, your brain has matured fully and you're (hopefully) capable of rationalising the strengths of a relationship. There's no social stigma and no legal responsibilities, just two consenting adults who are ideally on the same page as to what they require from a relationship.

There's another thread in this forum that deals with the same topic but from a younger perspective (teenagers dating adults). Whilst it's not entirely relevant to your situation, there's some really good valid advice in there from people who are in relationships with much larger age gaps than you're looking at - http://www.specktra.net/forum/f262/a...erences-53794/

stronqerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
He just sexy...It's the face, the teeth, the smile...the grubbiness......The body is pretty nice too...My husband and him are built the same way....If I could get him and Brad to switch heads for a few nights a week...He would get lucky as &^%#!!!! FOR REAL!!!

Let me make myself Clear..I would SO ^^%$ HIM!!!

brad_pitt_chest.jpg

The man is just HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im 21 and i would so ^#$& too lmaoo. I don't even see him as a good looking 46 yr old, or a man who looks good for his age....NO, he's just HOT...a SEXY ASS mofo !!!!!!!!!! that's what he is...I don't see the age in him. Age ain't nothing butta numba
choochoo.gif

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenin4makeup
Ok, curious about what your opinions might be on this one....

I met this guy that I really like and I think I'd like to really get to know better. The only "problem" is his age. He is 48 and I'm 33. Now, I'm not opposed of anyone dating men/women older or younger than they are in general. The weird thing to me about this is that both of my parents are 52. That means 4 years diff between him and them and 15 years between him and I. What does everyone think? Way too old or too close to my parents age? Is it "creepy"? Any and all opinions appreciated!

I think where you both are in your life "cycle" is more important than age. For example, I am 33yo and I kind of set my age range as up to 43-ish (or so). It's not fixed, but I still want a family and most (I understand not all) men at that age for one reason or another do not want to think about starting a family (often because they've already "been there, done that.") For me being at a point in their life where they don't want any (or any more) children is a deal-breaker.

Now if he reminds you of your dad, that's an entirely different situation.
thmbdn.gif

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I think where you both are in your life "cycle" is more important than age. For example, I am 33yo and I kind of set my age range as up to 43-ish (or so). It's not fixed, but I still want a family and most (I understand not all) men at that age for one reason or another do not want to think about starting a family (often because they've already "been there, done that.") For me being at a point in their life where they don't want any (or any more) children is a deal-breaker.

Now if he reminds you of your dad, that's an entirely different situation.
thmbdn.gif

I completely agree with this and we actually already had that conversation about children. He would like to have one or two more (he has a 6 yr old whose mother died when she was 2). I don't have any yet and would love to have some in the near future (hopefully, married too of course). No kids would be a deal breaker for me too.