OMG GUYS Z palette is so coool >.<

girloflowers

ok, so I just got my first Z palette in the mail and i want to order 6 more (also got some yaby eyeshadows.. which although tiny as you'll see, pack a punch, and are dirt cheap... will be ordering more.)

pallettes.jpg

I'm never bying a MAC palette again. why?
-this one doesn't have annoying damn dividers which i nealry destroyed my mac palette trying to remove
-has a clear window so i can see my purdy colours
-is PINK (comes in black and zebra print too)
-has a magnetic base- no need to attach magnets cos the pots will just attach themselves.
-holds whatever the hell brand or shape or size i want
-is about half the price of a mac palette.

I am one heluvva happy camper
also, those two little round eyeshadows between dream maker and gulf stream are my yaby shadows
smiles.gif
aren't they cute?

tara1012

Half the price???? I spent over $20 on the bigger one...then I found out that the MAC palettes were only $12 (now $14 though).

They are cool, but I don't think worth $20 plus shipping.

Did you get some sort of deal or sale on it?

ETA: Ah...you're in Australia. I've heard that MAC is a lot more expensive over there? Maybe that's why it's cheaper for you to go for the Z Palette.

girloflowers

i got mine for $19 AUD, and then on top of that 10% off because of an industry discount
smiles.gif

im not 100% sure how much MAC palettes are instore here because it's very hard for me to get to the pro store, but online... like ebay and stuff $44 and over is the average price
ssad.gif

girloflowers

the outside is heavy thick cardboard, clear bit is clear plastic, it feels like there's a heavy bit of metal or something in it thought, and the place where the eyeshadows sit is a big magnet

Blushbaby

I think they're overpriced and I don't like the cardboard, they feel quite cheap. It had bene my plan to get a small one at the IMATS but after being told the price, I left it. A couple of hours later, I glanced over at the pile they had out and not many had been sold at all.

I bought this from the 2009 IMATS and they were being sold (by other exhibitors again this year, although they had a £10 mark up on them!) again at this years show. I find this to be really sturdy and I love the mirror - very practical.

girloflowers

makeupandglow.com.au
smiles.gif
and you apply for it (i am a makeup student)

if that other palette is $19.95 USD it will be jacked up to around $40 over here
ssad.gif
plus i kinda wanted itt o be clear so i can see the shadows/blushes/what have you

InspiredBlue

I like the concept of these, but I just can't get over that it's made of cardboard. And there no proper closure mechanism. It's too bad really. If there was an dividerless palette, with a window, made of plastic and with a reasonable price, I'd be all over it. One can dream..
sigh.gif

girloflowers

it closes with a magnet... its actually alot sturdier than it sounds.
I like that one day if i really want to i could recycle the cardboard

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by girloflowers
it closes with a magnet...

That's what I meant by "no proper closure", there is nothing physically keeping the lid from opening, if there should be something pulling on it, say in a bag. Sure, magnets "stick" to each other, but it's not exactly a latch if you KWIM.

obscuria

I think MAC's gonna come out with the clear lid as well for their palettes. I guess taking a pointer from Z palettes.

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I would be all up on the z-pallet if only it was made out of plastic instead of cardboard.

Me too.

I have a fear that if water gets too close to it it'll ruin it.

Zephyra

I freaking love mine. I use the different colors for quick visual reference of what's inside (pink for blushes; zebra for bright colors; black for my go-to face). I was unsure about the cardboard at first, but I've traveled with my main one a bunch now and it's holding up just fine and I haven't had any problems with the closure (though I worry about it demagnetizing other things in my luggage!). They make it really easy to see all of my colors together and figure out what I want to use, and when I travel I just pop in and out the products I think I'll want. I use way more of my makeup now than I did before when it was more scattered between palettes and individual pans.

Here is my main palette right now...ignore the depotting accidents, please--I'm still learning
winks.gif
. I know that zpalette.com sometimes has coupons; last weekend they had a buy two/get one at half price deal.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I think MAC's gonna come out with the clear lid as well for their palettes. I guess taking a pointer from Z palettes.

Yes, and apparently those have a magnetic closure as well.
nope.gif

SmokeSignal16

You know I was just thinking of picking up some of these since I'm about to figure out a way to depot my Clinique eyeshadows since they are taking up wayyy too much space! I see you had some in your palette, how did u depot them and how many do you think you could fit in one palette (like single eye color shades in Clinique) ?

InspiredBlue

Those look nice. Looks like they have sent them out to a bunch of YouTube gals, because there seem to be quite a few reviews.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Yes, and apparently those have a magnetic closure as well.
nope.gif

The new MAC palettes do but with the way that they are made, it's not going to accidentally open. I had a hard time using my fingers to open it.