On the Discontinued Slate (aka Triangle of Death)

madameb

The triangle means limited life, so when a colour is first launched that it limited, it has the triangle (check the website for Catherine Deneuve collection) Why is it such a surprise to you guys that these are limited items! Almost every collection (ornamentalism, lingerie, chromeglass, tint toons, Catherine D.) contains entirely of limited life items!!!!!!!

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by madameb
The triangle means limited life, so when a colour is first launched that it limited, it has the triangle (check the website for Catherine Deneuve collection) Why is it such a surprise to you guys that these are limited items! Almost every collection (ornamentalism, lingerie, chromeglass, tint toons, Catherine D.) contains entirely of limited life items!!!!!!!

One thing I can say about Specktra members is that most, if not all are aware of the meaning of the triangle of death and the meaning behind LE. This thread also covers items that were not slated as LE that are being discontinued. It also serves the purpose to give everyone a heads up as to what may disappear so everyone else can decide if they want to stock up on it or not.

I see that you are pretty new here so I invite you to take a look around and give the Specktra girls a little credit because they are way savvier than you may think.

madameb

By reading hypnotique, oceanique and bagetelle listed it sounds like some weren't aware of limited life vs discontinued.

aznsmurfy

I heard that the Pro metal pigments silver and copper are both being DCed. . .MAC is making something new?
smiles.gif
That's what the MA told me, so if anyone wants it, get it now. hehe
smiles.gif
And I think Forest Green is on the outs? Anyone know for sure?
smiles.gif

cloverette

yeah, i would also like to know about forest green, as i just fell in love with it, and *need* it now...

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
I heard that the Pro metal pigments silver and copper are both being DCed. . .MAC is making something new?
smiles.gif
That's what the MA told me, so if anyone wants it, get it now. hehe
smiles.gif
And I think Forest Green is on the outs? Anyone know for sure?
smiles.gif

I checked macpro.com and Copper metal is no longer there! =( I did a quickie mail order from the LA pro store so I could get my hands on it at retail. It's already going for $35 on eBay!

MACGoddess

Forest Green is discontinued... It isn't on the MACpro site anymore. I snagged a jar when I went to the MAC Pro in Orlando though.

Are you guys sure that the Metal pigments are being DC'd though? I see Copper Metal on the pro site as well as the other ones...

martygreene

Damn. Buttery has been discontinued.

I've heard that platinum is going too. No big surprise to me that silver and platinum go if it's true, even for us industry folk they aren't so useful without being eye-safe.