OPI (rant)

TISH1124

I love them too...But my nails are CRAP underneath...if I take these things off they will fall apart...I have been wearing them for 5 years straight

blondemafia76

I have been doing to solar lately too- I have red glitter tips, and damn it if I didnt break one today and since Im working all week, cant get to the salon till next week. I glued that sucker back on. I hate chips too Tish- I pick the snot out of them. It has to be oil, its all I can think of- even if i strip down with acetone, I still cant get polish to stick. BLARGH!

bebeflamand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondemafia76
I have been doing to solar lately too- I have red glitter tips, and damn it if I didnt break one today and since Im working all week, cant get to the salon till next week. I glued that sucker back on. I hate chips too Tish- I pick the snot out of them. It has to be oil, its all I can think of- even if i strip down with acetone, I still cant get polish to stick. BLARGH!

I don't think gluing the nail back on is very good, just think of all the bacteria that get underneath
th_dunno.gif
Once had a nasty infection cause a nail tech used a nail file on several customers (DOH!) My natural nails turned all green (overnight!) underneath the acrylic. Couldn't get rid of them quick enough. Took a few months to heal and never really had any acrylics after that anymore.

Ooops...a bit off-topic here...

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
I'm starting to think that oil on my nails is part of the problem. That and I don't own a dishwasher so I hand wash all my dishes. Whenever I wash dishes, all of my nail polish comes off in one piece. So annoying.

Always wear rubber gloves when you have to do any cleaning or housework. I know it's a bit of a pain but it really is better for your nails. Nails absorb water, and especially if you use strong cleaners or detergents, that can really weaken them and wear down the polish. If you want to make your nails healthier and lengthen a manicure, wear rubber gloves for washing dishes and general housework.
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

i loved my fake nails, too. to be honest i like the look of perfectly painted natural nails but i loved how the fake ones didnt chip on me.. but that said, i find that very light touch ups every day really makes my polish last longer.

Lauren1981

that sucks.
i've never had that happen with OPI but i agree with you 100% on the sally hansen. i LOVE sally hansen. i don't normally wear color on my fingernails because i hate when it chips and i'm stuck at work but i never have a problem with it (s.h.) when i do.

blondemafia76

I was sure to clean off my natural nail and the solar before I stuck it on there, lol, with some alcohol- it was only for a day- so I think Im safe- however my nail tech yelled at me too. LOL. Im far too vain for my own good!

TISH1124

^^ Me too girl...I haven't broken a nail in over three years and that was because I fell down the stairs...I was in so much pain... because it ripped off half my natural nail too... but I still went to the Nail shop and had her fix it and I just dealt with the pain...She didn't want to but I was persistent....So she went ahead and put another one on while I cried like a baby.

s0_fam0us

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Me too girl...I haven't broken a nail in over three years and that was because I fell down the stairs...I was in so much pain... because it ripped off half my natural nail too... but I still went to the Nail shop and had her fix it and I just dealt with the pain...She didn't want to but I was persistent....So she went ahead and put another one on while I cried like a baby.

Not to get too off topic, but the last time I broke a nail, I ripped most of my real nail off too. It was winter last year, and the ground at my ex's house was a sheet of ice... when I went to open the door to his SUV, I slid and didn't fall, but the door handle slid out of my hand... ripped the nail right off. Of course he insisted on going out anyway that night, so I did the ghetto thing and grabbed a bandaid...
smiles.gif

s0_fam0us

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ I would have done the same thing...or found me a Lee Press on for the night LOL

LMAO I didn't even think of that!!! haha...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondemafia76
super glue- Id have just glued that sucker right back!!!!!! wait... I did!

Been There done that!!!
yes.gif

BEA2LS

i have glued it right back before - i know its bad but i hated when they werent perfect!

Karen_B

I love OPI, I find their polishes last a long time on my nails. China Glaze, however, I've had some trouble with. Some of their polishes peel off after only a few days. Like, I can peel off an entire "polish nail", if you know what I mean. Am I putting it on too thick maybe? I am using China Glaze Adhesive Base and No-Chip Top Coat.

BEA2LS

there are times i can peel off the whole nail - happens to me with all brands and i def think it was me putting it on too thick.
certain base coats make mine chip more.

lovesong

OPI usually chips on me.CG does too so I really switch to Essie because the polishes don't chip on me and the colors are too cute!