Opinions on Makeup Case 1.6

exballerina

I don't know if this case is worth paying $255 for.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template..._ID=PROD1 483

What are your thoughts on it?

Is it worth it? Why, why not?

Thanks,
smiles.gif

brandi

i really don't know... some people say get one thats cheaper... as for me i don't know if i should or shouldn't but i really want it!

Julia Vanhorn

Personally, with all my makeup that I already have and plus adding all future purchases, it would be too small for me. With it being $255 I would be hoping to have something bigger, maybe more storage compartments or something like that. I have seen traincases out there that are bigger and cost a lot less, IMO I think it is too expensive for what you are expecting.

Trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmo88
well i bought this cuz it's insulated - and i live in AZ so this keeps my stuff from melting

I live in Chandler/Tempe... where are you at?

bellaetoile

my traincase was from ebay. it came to like, 22 shipped, from seller greatdeals00. its def. not the highest quality i've ever seen, but it does its job. then again, my makeup doesn't travel very much, i just needed a good storage solution.

allan_willb

i got mine as a gift this past xmas...its awsome.Its the sephora case the black one because i thought the silver one was ugly...it was still a lot $100.00 bucks to be exact.I don't really like the lay out of the 1.6 it isnt all that BUT if i werked at mac with 60% off id be sure to get it but till then im fine with mine from sephora...im gonna need another one soon hah, Allan

prsfynestmami

The MA at the MAC store was showing me the traincase, and although it looks small, you can fit a lot of palettes in there, as well as two rows of eyeshadows in the pots. It's also made of aluminum (cheapo ones have paper on the inside) so it's easy to clean & it doesn't tip over when you load it up... and it has a lock. I think it's worth it if you travel. Just my 2cents.
smiles.gif

ruby_soho

I definitely wouldn't spend that much on it. I've seen in folded out in real life and it's soo small for the amount you pay for it. Seriously, if you're willing to spend $300 on a case to house your makeup, you obviously have a large collection that you want to protect, and it ain't gonna fit in that thing.

Sarah

I want this case but its £200 in the UK so thats almost $400, so I doubt unless im feeling crazy I'll ever purchase it over here. Maybe next time im in the states
smiles.gif

kare31

I have the MAC 1.6 case and I have not been happy with it. I bought it because it's insulated and durable, two qualities most other cases i've tried dont seem to have. The case is super-heavy; it really hurts to try to carry it, whether by hand or on my shoulder.

It doesnt really hold all that much; i can fit the same amount into the mac carryall, which is lighter, and convenient. I dont have that large of a collection, 2 x15 eyeshadow palettes, blush palette, 5 quads, a handful of paints, a dozen liners, a dozen lipsticks, few mascaras, a few foundations and powders, and that sucker is FULL. I thought i was moving up from the carry all to a lot of room, but not so much.

The thing that really drives me crazy is that it tips over easily, unless opened all the way, no matter how i arrange things inside. Since it has to be opened all the way, it takes up tons of space, so i normally have to set it on my floor, which is not convenient.

Honestly, i only keep it because it says mac on it, and for $225, that's pretty sad. I store my things it when i'm at home, but i travel with the carry all. I havent really seen the heat resistant aspect of it, and it definitely is durable though. If you really want a MAC case, i vote for the carry all. Holds tons, light, doesnt take up a lot space.

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare31
I have the MAC 1.6 case and I have not been happy with it. I bought it because it's insulated and durable, two qualities most other cases i've tried dont seem to have. The case is super-heavy; it really hurts to try to carry it, whether by hand or on my shoulder.

It doesnt really hold all that much; i can fit the same amount into the mac carryall, which is lighter, and convenient. I dont have that large of a collection, 2 x15 eyeshadow palettes, blush palette, 5 quads, a handful of paints, a dozen liners, a dozen lipsticks, few mascaras, a few foundations and powders, and that sucker is FULL. I thought i was moving up from the carry all to a lot of room, but not so much.

The thing that really drives me crazy is that it tips over easily, unless opened all the way, no matter how i arrange things inside. Since it has to be opened all the way, it takes up tons of space, so i normally have to set it on my floor, which is not convenient.

Honestly, i only keep it because it says mac on it, and for $225, that's pretty sad. I store my things it when i'm at home, but i travel with the carry all. I havent really seen the heat resistant aspect of it, and it definitely is durable though. If you really want a MAC case, i vote for the carry all. Holds tons, light, doesnt take up a lot space.

yes this heat protection thing....does it really work?I wanna go and get like all of the shadesticks and leave them in the case in my 90 degree HOT HAWAII weather and see if they really don't melt...My lip conditioner stick melted along with some of my shadesticks i was not feeling to good that day.

kare31

I havent really seen the heat resistance in action. The closest i've come is I left it in the car, on an 80 degree day, parked, with no air conditioning, but the windows rolled down partway, for about an hour and a half. With the case on the floor, in the shade, a light breeze, the lipsticks started to sweat and bead a little, but no actual melting.

I asked over on makeup alley what people thought, and most people didnt think it was that heat resistant. I havent wanted to risk it with my collection. I should try it out on a really hot day with a lipstick i dont care about. I'm a little crazy about stuff melting on me; i had most of my tape collection in the car when i was in high school and melted 250 tapes into a blob. How i cried! So when i heard the 1.6 was heat resistant, i was all over it. But i think that claim is mostly just a marketing aspect. I'd love anyone else's input on it.

natalie75

Traincase

My darling husband bought me this traincase as a gift. I love it! It is heavy but I really am enjoying it. I just sit it on the counter in morning, open it up and everything I need is right there.

quinngoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
i got mine as a gift this past xmas...its awsome.Its the sephora case the black one because i thought the silver one was ugly...it was still a lot $100.00 bucks to be exact.I don't really like the lay out of the 1.6 it isnt all that BUT if i werked at mac with 60% off id be sure to get it but till then im fine with mine from sephora...im gonna need another one soon hah, Allan

That's the same one I have and I also got it as a Xmas gift. I just wish it was a little bigger

Demosthenes

I hate, hate, hate it! I LOVE the Sephora traincases, especially the Midnight ones. They also have padding, which keeps powder products like eye shadows from shattering. The MAC case is way too overpriced, and it is tiny!

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
EEs is an abbreviation for employees.
smiles.gif

MAC EEs (well, at least the artists, in this case) get 3 makeup benefits.

1-60% makeup discount, 40% bag/case discount (up to $2,000.00) per year (after discount)

2-Gratis-Free products with the launch of every collection. You also get gratis from the last 3 big collections when you start.

3-EMS-Or Employee Makeup Supplies. Twice a year, the artists get an EMS allowance. The amount depends on the hours you work. I.e. a full-time artist gets more EMS allowance than a part-time artist. It ranges from like $200-$500. That is retail value though. Not $200-$500 after the 60% discount. They also give you an EMS allotment when you first start that doesn't count agains the other two. .

Nice, huh?

omg i had my make up demo and interview today and i just have a phone interview left!!! i hope i get this guys!Wish me luck!I cant believe they get ALL that stuffs is it 4 counters AND stores?