Originals Cheating???

purrtykitty

You get 100 points per vote. And if you're voting...will you vote for me? I'm trying to catch up to that chicky with almost 80,000 points!!

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
You get 100 points per vote. And if you're voting...will you vote for me? I'm trying to catch up to that chicky with almost 80,000 points!!

yes.gif
th_wink3.gif

I take the 100 per vote into consideration, she still got about 900 votes over night

DaisyPie

I'm lost! Can someone point me in the direction of whichever thread you're talking about?
(This is what I get for not reading Specktra for a couple of days
tong.gif
- confused!)

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
yes.gif
th_wink3.gif

I take the 100 per vote into consideration, she still got about 900 votes over night

OK, well that's crap then...who the hell did she sidle up to in order to get all those votes...unless she did a post on livejournal or her blog or something. I noticed today that a couple of those people have doubled their votes overnight from like 10,000 points to 20,000+! How the heck is this supposed to be "fair"? I'm almost wondering if they and a few friends didn't go and set up dummy e-mails and MAC accounts to do contests like this.

purrtykitty

Quote:
I do believe that that close to all are playing fairly, it just boggles my mind the huge jump some have.

Same here, it just makes me wonder how they're doing it...

SparklingWaves

I recognized one of those people with a lot of votes. They are online on several sites. I think may have worked for M.A.C. in the past or are currently working for them. I have seen them in the past with a M.A.C. artist info. on them before online. So, there are a lot of people that may recognize them as customers and from online.

I don't really know what is going on with voters choices, but I bet M.A.C. will be fair about choosing the winner.

BTW - I am not participating in anyway with this contest. This is the first time that I saw the site for the contest.

CaraAmericana

I know MAC will be fair on their end. And you bring up a good point, that they could be MAC artist, but are they allowed to participate?

lazytolove

wow i saw lot of beautiful girls. I wish i can be photogenic like them. It's uncool because some people is using fake photos. =]

SparklingWaves

Quote:
I know MAC will be fair on their end. And you bring up a good point, that they could be MAC artist, but are they allowed to participate?

I have no idea, but I do recognize one of them with a lot of votes as a professional makeup artist.

I will edit that. They have claimed to be one online. ???

gigglegirl

Okay what pisses me off, I logged in yesterday to vote (as I had another Specktra-ite to vote for!) and once I logged in it said I had to wait, only one vote per day. I was like WTF I'm pretty sure I hadn't, so whatever, I decided to wait til today. AGAIN SAME THING! Its not letting me vote again!!! I'm pissed!

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Okay what pisses me off, I logged in yesterday to vote (as I had another Specktra-ite to vote for!) and once I logged in it said I had to wait, only one vote per day. I was like WTF I'm pretty sure I hadn't, so whatever, I decided to wait til today. AGAIN SAME THING! Its not letting me vote again!!! I'm pissed!

It happened to me too. So I tried it from a different computer and it worked, I have no idea why...

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
It doesn't seem fair for a MAC artist to be able to participate. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I read the rules. The person I recognized must not work for M.A.C. They wouldn't be eligible to participate.

redambition

ah, the good old web vote contest. I know a girl who got into the final for one of these sorts of things - she got everyone she knew (and people she didn't) to vote for her by relentlessly pestering them to do so, some people created multiple accounts on the site to vote for her (of their own volition), and so on.

yes, it's easy to dodgy up your votes, but it's also easy for the website owner to see if all the hits are coming from unique visitors. The comp I just described said they checked the votes... so i'm assuming they at least checked a few things!

I wanted to vote in this one and can't because I'm not a US resident! my local MAC login doesn't work
ssad.gif
sorry girls!