Originals Cheating???

flowerhead

i like girl with teal & lime eyeshadow - does she post here?
the guy with the yellow eyeshadow, his face is so unfortunate. & i don't like people who claim to be 'fabulous'.

purrtykitty

Plus, I'm sure they entered right when the contest opened, so they've been garnering votes for much longer than others have. Still it boggles my mind how many votes these people have and how many they're getting per day. Man, now is the time I wish I were online more so more people would vote for me!!

gigglegirl

Purrty--which one are you--can you direct link us? I'll circulate my votes!

Honestly, the idea sounds great but its just a popularity contest. Not to mention how I seem to have some issues voting....oh well I'm not entering (couldn't anyways since I'm Cdn) but I've been able to vote for a couple Spectra-ites!

MAC_Whore

I reallly don't think it is that big of deal that some pick up huge amounts of votes overnight. Lots of people have graveyard shifts and are up all night, so it's reasonable to expect a lot of votes overnight.

Sure, some may be getting more than others, but you know...if they want to rally their friends to vote for them and their friends choose to do so that's their prerogative. I don't really think that's cheating.

Someone made a good point that a lot of these folks post on makeup sites, so the members may recognize them and vote.

I have noticed a good amount of Specktra members in the contest and have been spreading my daily vote around.

heart.gif
Props to the members who posted! Looking good!

Weasel

i think there's probably something like that going on with a few of the girls on there

some of the makeup in the top 10 isn't really fantastic
so glad to see lauren in the top 10! (queen of blending)

Juneplum

ditto jen! i've noticed a bunch of awesome specktra and lj members and have been giving them my daily vote too
greengrin.gif

_trimm_trabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielle001
I find of most of the entries incredibly uninteresting...

I agree...and wtf is up with the person with the most votes not even wearing any makeup?! Confusing.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by _trimm_trabb
I agree...and wtf is up with the person with the most votes not even wearing any makeup?! Confusing.

It is hard to tell if she is, considering that it is black and white. Just consider this though...a natural look is just as much a look as a wild, crazy, vivid look. Just a thought. If you are truly and "Original" you do what feels right to you.

priss

according to macpro,
you can be a makeup artist and enter. you cannot be a mac employee and enter.

Honey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _trimm_trabb

That is really making me mad. It's a black and white photo with no make-up that I can see. GRRR
Quote:
Contestants should be judges based on the following guidelines:
Contestant can be of any race, sex or age.
Contestants with an original fashion sense that embodies individual style both in their clothing and make up. Looking for distinctive, bold fashion figures that mirror MAC brand and philosophy — edgy, individualistic and distinct.
Contestants who think outside the fashion box or not tied to current trends but to a style that sets them apart and is inspired by personal style.
Contestants whose make up is not tied to current trends but creates a look based on their individual style and personality, making them "Originals".

I don't see any of that from that photo.

priss

while the girl with the most votes isnt my personal favorite i will conceed this:

she is a darker skinned african american and it takes A LOT of makeup to show up on black and white photos of darker skinned african americans.

it is possible that she has used undereye highlight in some type of matte formulation- her right cheek is clearly lighter than her left cheek. her brow has clearly been groomed. if she has neutral mattes on her face, and used chestnut liner (her statement does say its her favorite) with a matte lipstick; that explains why she looks like she has nothing on.

my complaint isnt how much or the lack of makeup anybody uses. im dont have a problem with her any more than i have a problem with folks who clearly used airbrush machines, are men (and didnt say so in the statement), etc. thats what mac is all about. thats what being an original is about.

i do have a huge problem with mac not giving a closing date for posting pictures and then letting the voting start. that way every contestant would have the same shot at winning. the way the current contest is being run- a person that uploaded on the jan 2 has a advantage over a person that didnt upload till midway thru or near the end.

i guess thats why mac is great at makeup and not our authority on statistics!! everybody has to be good at something

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey2
That is really making me mad. It's a black and white photo with no make-up that I can see. GRRR

I don't see any of that from that photo.

Ah, but if you think about it, she may have known that a majority of the contestants would have vivid, bright makeup on. By wearing natural makeup, she is an original in that group.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Ah, but if you think about it, she may have known that a majority of the contestants would have vivid, bright makeup on. By wearing natural makeup, she is an original in that group.

That's a cop-out. You're entering a MAC competition, you should at least be able to see the product in some respect. I wouldn't be such a hater if perhaps she decided to go with a color photograph, B&W photography deceives.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
That's a cop-out. You're entering a MAC competition, you should at least be able to see the product in some respect. I wouldn't be such a hater if perhaps she decided to go with a color photograph, B&W photography deceives.

Actually, it was just me being a smart ass, lol.