Other brands to buy... help?

JanineDesiree

So I buy MAC and only MAC.. but even with the big selection, I think I could have a bigger one.. but I wanna know what others would suggest.

I've looked at some sites, which did not appeal to me, TooFaced, Makeup For Ever

The ones which did catch my eye are: Smashbox and NARS. Smashbox I can get in town (tho limited selection) and NARS I have to go out of town(big production).. Are they worth my money?

Any "cheap" brands? Drugstore stuff I should check out.. I have tried and do not like Covergirl, Revlon or Maybelline.

I am mainly thinking about eye products.. shadows and liners.

I guess I just need a "find and try this, i think its worth it." There's just so many brand theses days, I dont know where to start!

Simply Elegant

Annabelle is a really good drugstore line. I love their eyeshadows, pigments and smoothliners and blushes.

NARS has good lipglosses and blushes. Smashbox has good eyeshadows and blushes. I love Stila's CCs, blushes, eyeshadows. Clinique has good lip products and I love their shimmering tones powders.

Shadowy Lady

I agree with Anabelle, also try NYX for drugstore products, their eyeshadows are amazing...
I love Too Faced products, some of their e/s are my everyday favourites such as Dirt Bag and Glamazone. I use Stila products: smudge pots (better than MAC's fluidline IMO), e/s singles and convertible colors. I also like Clinique for foundation and Lancome for e/s and mascara...HTH

Beauty Mark

Too Faced has some great eyeshadows. They're what sold me on paying more than drugstore.

I love Stila, Laura Mercier, and Urban Decay... What kind of makeup do you like? Perhaps we can give better recs from there.

I agree, Stila is a great brand you should definitely check out. Lots of options and you can find a lot of their stuff pretty cheap on ebay.

I also love Urban Decay. Too Faced blush in Princess Pink is so beautiful.

all of those are available at sephora and online

3 Custom Color is great they have a website and ship to all places, beautiful make up and they can custom create any color for you! www.threecustom.com

I also agree that NYX is a great drugstore priced make up! Probably the best you can find!

trangB

I think it's worth looking into too faced and urban decay for eyeshadows. The texture is so smooth and most of them are really pigmented. I own quite a lot of Nars and Cargo blush and love them! Smashbox, Stila and MUFE, I only bought their foundations and pretty happy with them so far.HTH

MiCHiE

I personally would suggest looking at what you have, think about what you want, go to stores and see what grabs you. MAC definitely started it for me, but when I started branching out, it wasn't "lines" that I really went after, it was single items. It wasn't even something I did purposely. I would stumble upon an item here and there, see a review on MUA or here, see a FOTD, etc... and that got the wheels spinning. Now there are many items I can't live without and they're not all MAC.

KimmyAnn_678

The only drugstore eyeshadows that I've ever liked have been Loreal HIP Duos. Each Duo is about $7 but if you watch you can usually pick them up BOGO Free at drugstores sometimes. HIP gel eyeliners are nice as well
smiles.gif

stacylynne

I like channel, makeup forever, smashbox photo finish is my fav., nars has great shadows & blushes. you can check out stila & bobbi brown.
A friend of mine loves Lancome, but I won't buy thier products b/c I heard they test on animals.
I won't buy cosmetics that tests on animals.
That's why I love MAC. MAC is cruelty free

Kuuipo

NARS is cruelty free, and they have great everything. I prefer their shadows, blushes, powders, foundations, etc over MAC. I still buy MAC eye pencils and lipsticks, but I have all the NARS eye duos, most of the blushes, laquers, lipsticks (I don't do sheer or bright pink or orangey shades). For years I had to take a plane, taxi, and bus and get a hotel room to buy NARS, I did so because NARS is worth it. You can buy MAC in just about every dept store except Sears.

JanineDesiree

Eye makeup is my BIG thing.. Shadows and liners.. perferably pencil ones.
smiles.gif

Thats what I am looking for the most. Anything else like for lips or nail is just as I find it.
I prefer MAC for lips for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Annabelle is a really good drugstore line. I love their eyeshadows, pigments and smoothliners and blushes.

Yes... Annabelle.. I dont know why I forgot that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I personally would suggest looking at what you have, think about what you want, go to stores and see what grabs you. MAC definitely started it for me, but when I started branching out, it wasn't "lines" that I really went after, it was single items. It wasn't even something I did purposely. I would stumble upon an item here and there, see a review on MUA or here, see a FOTD, etc... and that got the wheels spinning. Now there are many items I can't live without and they're not all MAC.

The thing about just going to the store is that, there is not many places and brands in town. I am planning a day shopping trip to Vancouver. Its a big deal for me to get there and I need to plan ahead. What I am looking for and where I need to go to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
I won't buy cosmetics that tests on animals.
That's why I love MAC. MAC is cruelty free

I am with you on the creulty free products. i am going to be double checking all the products websites to make sure they're good. i noticed alot had icons in clear view, which is a big help!!
greengrin.gif

user79

I also really like Nars and Bobbi Brown. They have great products and I have loved everything I've bought there.

FiestyFemme

Urban Decay is probably my fave brand after MAC. I love their non-glitter and Deluxe eyeshadows. I've also heard amazing things about their 24/7 liners, but I'm yet to try any.

anshu7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I also really like Nars and Bobbi Brown. They have great products and I have loved everything I've bought there.

i second bobbi brown!

lovelyweapon

The only brand I prefer over MAC is Nars. It is more expensive, but IMO worth the price. If you try anything from them, I'd say opt for the multiples, lipsticks and blushes. Eyeshadows are nice unique and beautiful colors, but not as pigmented and versatile as MAC.

I'd also look into NYX if you want a more inexpensive brand to collect. I have a huge collection of their eyeshadows and must say I only continue to buy them because of how impressed I am w/ the eyeshadow pigmentation. The best place to purchase it is as cherryculture.com. HTH

mreichert

NYX= good eyeshadows, jumbo crayons, and lipsticks at a reasonable price

Urban Decay= little more than MAC, but very pigmented and fun, bright colors

Nars= great blushes and eyeshadows, although not worth the price for the e/s (imo)

MUFE= wonderful product! But.... is hard to get the really great colors unless you order online at Sephora. They do cost more, but you get more. And, they are EXTREMELY pigmented and easy to blend. Don't bother with the eyeliners- not that creamy.

2cents.gif

panda0410

nars is absolutely worth the $!! i was switched onto nars by a good friend and honestly havent looked back!!

CantAffordMAC

The main eyeshadows I have that aren't MAC, is Fyrinnae. I don't care for much of their other products. But I absolutely love their loose mineral shadows. Seriously...they are awesome, cheap, and you get a LOT of product for your money. And they always send you a free sample with your order.
smiles.gif

Its worth a shot IMO.

Latest posts