Other side of the coin - When humans attack: Earless kitten

*KT*

When I saw the picture, I thought of those LOLZ cats, like "Ware meh earz go?" I thought maybe it was some really bizarre genetic thing, then I read the story and wanted to cry.

7553467_BG1.jpg

GRAND RAPIDS -- The Humane Society of Kent County is looking for information about a case of animal cruelty. Humane Society volunteers say a Good Samaritan brought them a 3-month-old stray kitten December 19. She says she found the animal outside a gas station along M-37 near Peach Ridge Avenue in Kent City. They believe the kitten was tortured as both of its ears were cut off, and don't think it was an accident.

"...Because it was a very straight line (cut) on each ear, almost like a dog's ears that had been cropped, and the ears have since fallen off, what was left of them," Humane Society Executive Director Karen Terpstra told 24 Hour News 8. "That's why we assumed that she had been abused. She also has some internal injuries, which makes us think that she's been kicked. And she's scraped on her nose, which makes us think they probably stood on her or scraped her along the sidewalk or pavement." Those internal injuries include a hernia.

The kitten, which was named Eeyore by the Humane Society staff, has been given veterinary care including antibiotics, pain medication and supportive intensive care. She is scheduled for X-rays and surgery to treat the hernia trauma.

"It's just really sad. I hope we can find out who did this, and if not, our goal is to get a home for her - someone who's willing to give her a second chance at life and love," said Terpstra.

If you know anything about the abuse, you are asked to call (616) 791-8054. If you would like to adopt Eeyore, you can call (616) 453-8900 for more information.
----------------------------------------

More and more often, the human race makes me sick. I pray they find the twisted person(s) responsible for this and get them some counseling and punishment before they turn into some sort of serial killer.

Hilly

I HATE people who hurt animals. I have such a passion for animals and try to help them when I can.

This makes me sick and sad. Poor Eeyore
ssad.gif

prettybaby

thats soo sad. kindas like that cat who was spray painted. we waited for the longest time, calling monthly to adopt that cat, but they gave it to someone else. now i wanna adopt this kitten! poor sad baby!

Shimmer

It sickens me to see what people are capable of.

I'm actually too angry to type right now.

nikki

People that do this kind of thing need to be punished---harshly!!
Why would anybody want to hurt such an adorable kitty! :-(

flowerhead

awww poor little kitty, how could you hurt her, she's so pure and sweet. they must of had no heart.
i'd happily give her a home.

*Stargazer*

Oh she is so cute, even earless.

I hate people. People who abuse animals and children are the scum of the earth.

*KT*

I was too upset when I read it last night to even talk about it.

I'm not sure how to put this without it sounding wrong, but I'm going to try. I'm strangely in love with this little kitty... like I'd pick it over a completely normal kitty. Maybe it's because it's been wounded in ways that are visibly noticeable and there's this instinct to want to go snuggle and protect it. I think it's a feeling akin to that of how scars can be beautiful on people, especially if they are worn with a sense of "I made it through this and it's a part of who I am" attitude.

xbrookecorex

I hope someone cuts that person's ears off. I'm only half kidding, when it comes to animal cruelty I fight violence with violence. I hate people.
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
I hope someone cuts that person's ears off. I'm only half kidding, when it comes to animal cruelty I fight violence with violence. I hate people.
ssad.gif

I'm all for an eye for an eye...literally.
angry.gif
Stuff like that angers me to no end. I posted this in another thread, but I had a kitty who had one of his eyes burnt out with a cigarette when he was a kitten and was tossed around by his tail. The kids were never caught, assholes. And my kitty turned out to be the sweetest guy, he was just afraid of everyone else (who wasn't in my household), poor guy. It's cases like this that make me want to re-vamp the justice system for animal rights. Stiffer penalties for offenders, regardless of whether it's their first incidence of violence. Everyone knows that hurting an animal often leads to violence towards humans.

xsnowwhite

awww
ssad.gif

I HATE hearing about animals getting hurt like that! I can't see how anyone could do that to a poor animal. Sickening.

MACATTAK

This is horrible. People like this have no heart & it's hard to imagine how someone like this could have been raised to think doing this is okay. I totally agree that the same type of punishment should be inflicted on this "waste of space" person/people.

urbanlilyfairy

That is so sad ..I hate reading these things they make me so sad ...I hope that whoever did this to this poor innocent animal gets their damn ears cut off and there nose scraped along the side walk and I wish them hernias...gah ..it just pisses me off .....alksdjglasgdj

tara_hearts

That makes me sick to my stomach. I could seriously kill someone who would do something like that. Which in turn makes me wonder why people do stuff like that, you know, the whole nature vs. nurture. If that person was born sick, or if it was some part of how he/she was raised.
ssad.gif

*KT*

When it comes to animal cruelty and crimes against women & children, I wish we could instate "eye for an eye" type rules. I believe they recently increased the punishments and broadened the definition for animal cruelty in my state. I hope whoever did this gets to experience those new rules first hand.

It certainly is a sick world we live in.

Latest posts