Out of my comfort zone again, but.. Brights!

Karen_B

I think it looks great! I am a coward when it comes to brights as well, so I know where you're coming from.
smiles.gif

Daligani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
You look absolutely incredible in bright colors, keep trying them out! I'm 37 and I just started wearing brighter colors about a year ago and I'm finding myself get bolder and bolder.. its really fun!

Thank you thank you thank you.. that just made me feel lots better to know there are others, who don't happen to be makeup artists already, around my age that are just getting into lots of color!
drinkup.gif

Thank you all SO much, ladies!!
heart.gif

I reckon I'll keep playing around with some brighter and/or bolder colors. You know how it is, right? Sometimes, you just get into a comfort zone and keep doing the same kind of looks day after day after daaaaay.. and it's hard to break away from that. Or maybe that's just me? haha

makeup_wh0re

Your blending is fantastic, those colors with your eyes are just WOW, only criticism I have is I would like to see you bring the color up a little more. Besides that, those colors were made for eyes like yours!

Daligani

shockt.gif
Oh wow, I thought this thread had already died.. I'm so sorry I didn't come back sooner to thank you!!! I just checked my email (I only check this particular one a couple times a week) and a bunch of replies were there..

Well, thank you very much, ladies!!
curtsey.gif

I do have quite a few bright colors to work with, so I'll give 'em a whirl a little more often. And I'll TRY to post more often, too. The thing is, the only time I really have the time to come and post here is when the kiddos are in school (I hate taking makeup pics when the kids are around lol) and I don't have other things going on, which lately, I usually do. I can't WAIT until we finally close and move into our new house.. my time seems to be practically consumed with it these days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_wh0re
Your blending is fantastic, those colors with your eyes are just WOW, only criticism I have is I would like to see you bring the color up a little more. Besides that, those colors were made for eyes like yours!

yes.gif
I realize that I have a lot of lid space to work with, therefore I should take advantage of that, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone! I have a ridiculous fear of ending up looking clownish. Plus there's the fact that each of my eyes are shaped a bit different than the other (my left eye is a bit wonky, which makes eyeliner a friggin' blast, I swear lol), therefore, my brows are even a bit different (you probably wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out). I have brought my color up a tiny bit more than I used to a while back, but it took me a long while to get it even on both sides and THEN get used to doing it that way.

I shall TRY it, though.. on another day when I don't even have to so much as peek my head out of the door
th_DANCE.gif

makeup_wh0re

Well either way you are looking GOOD with those brights, and my eyes are shaped different too lol. It is hard for me to make the shape the same. When I first started out with makeup, I would try stuff and go wash it right off lol. Just buy a big bottle of makeup remover and go for it!!!!