Paint Pots vs. Paints

melliquor

I love the paintpots. If you use UDPP under them, they last alot longer but I have never had any problems with creasing. I usually wear mine for about 12-14 hours.

GlamYOURUs

I am glad I am not the only one who sees that the paints do change, alter the color of the shadow slightly. Paintpots are the way to go, they make the color of the shadow or pigment pop but stay true to color.

Divinity

The paints are harder to blend before they dry, so the colors get streaky when applying. Who knows, maybe I'm using to much. But one swipe of my finger in a paint pot and one swipe one the lid and it's done perfectly!

LineausBH58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
The other day I was in the store, looking at the paints and pots.... I told the MA I had trouble squeezing out the right amount from the tubes. She said that was odd, it seemed like such a simple thing. Anyway, as we were checking out different paint colours, I carefully squeezed just a bit from one of the tubes and a bigger blob than I could possibly use came out. The MA very calmly said, "no wonder you said you squeeze out too much." And I was being so careful! I felt very wasteful.
lol.gif

I wish there were more finishes like Perky too. It has just the right amount of shimmer. I really hate those metallic frosts. (On me.)

See thats one other reason why I wanted to try the pots... cause I end up painting the back of my hand with Artjam!!! LOL and I feel like with the pot you can get EVERYLAST bit out!!!

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I think the paints are drier (and my personal favorites) and maybe you are using too much, therefore they are too creamy and taking longer to dry? use a little and then build it up - paints are better as they will give you 12 hours wear whereas the pots only 8 hours.

lol, EXACTLY what I was going to say! Well said
winks.gif

mizzbeba

My vote: PAINTS. I got Rollickin and Nice Vice paint pots and they sucked the life out of my eyeshadows AND creased up on me. This has never happened with my all time favorite paint: Magrittes. I do love how the paint pots clink when I'm playing with them
tong.gif
. When I put on the paints I just apply a thin layer so it doesn't take a long time to dry.

LMD84

i love my paint in stilife because my shadows never crease (even on sweaty nights out!). plus i've found that whenever i use teal pigment i always use this paint as it stops teal staining my eye area!

Pimpinett

I own three paints and only one paint pot, but I must say I like both - I have no problems with the staying power of either paints or paint pots, and while you get more product in the paints, I go through one tube of Bare Canvas much faster than one pot of Painterly, even though I use both daily. Painterly is much more opaque, I need less of it.

I get better colour payoff from my eyeshadows over Painterly than Bare Canvas, but on the other hand Painterly can make my eyelids look a little crepey and cakey with eyeshadow on top, and Bare Canvas never does that.

I liked the old colour range of the paints better than the paint pots. I'd like to have more paint pots, but none of the colours are must-haves for me except for Stray Grey, which was never available here, of course - I don't understand why they didn't make a great, basic colour like that part of the permanent collection. There are two or three more paint colours that I really want, though, more than I want any of the current paint pots.

ewlialovesme

I can't decide if I like Paint Pots or Paints more.

I own more Paints than Paint Pots - amongst the Paints, I find that the dry finish varies from shade to shade. Frostier, metallic shades like Stilife and Magrittes tend to make my otherwise smooth lids more textured and bumpy, while the matte-r colours don't have that problem.

Paint Pots don't have as much colour choice as Paints - at least in the Permanent collection anyway. Out of PPs, I only like Soft Ochre (not Perm!! argh), Rubenesque and that's about it, really. There seems to be a wider range of neutral colours in Paints - there used to be a great selection of wild colours but of course they got discontinued.

I do like the texture, convenience and packaging of Paint Pots more, but I find myself reaching for my Paints more often because I like the colours better.

saucipinkbabydoll

I freelance at MAC and I have to say one of our tricks is with a needle prick the tube where the folded crease is and fold once more.That way it lets the air escape and you are not left with a big blob of wasted product. htp!

SMMY

Paints > Paint pots, for me. I like the range of color and they seem to last much longer on my eye than the paint pots. Plus all of the color they came in gives you a lot more choices.

AdlersMommy22

Okay i dont have either but with 15% off and free shipping Im going to buy some paint pots today- what does everyone recommend as *must have* p/ps??

novella

I just bought the bare canvas and the untititled . I am finding the bare canvas very very light. Can someone recommend another colour . I use this as a base before putting on eye shadow.

thank you

elisaveta

I prefer Paint pots. Actually I have already sold away almost all of my Paints, because I like to use Paint pots so much more. I usually apply PP using 242 brush, they are very easy and pleasant to apply. Texture is creamy and in some way “heavy” and it gives my eyelids very nice and vibrant colour (I do not wear PP´s never alone, I always use also eye shadow) I also like glass packaging very much, I find it safer than Paints tube package. You can also choose from many colours. My personal favourites are: Painterly, Bare study, Rubenesque, Perky Blackground and Cash flow.

Main reason why I don’t like Paints is that when I open the tube there comes always too much of the stuff away. So in my opinion Paints are more difficult and messier to use than Paint pots. I have even removed those Paints which I still have to another jar because of that messiness. I also think that Paint pots just work on my eyelids better because of very creamy texture.

And in my opinion "mus have" Paint pots are: Painterly/Bare study and Blackground. Painterly and Bare study are a bit like same kind of products. They work great as a neutral shadow base. In my opinion you don't necessarily need both one because they are quite simiral. Blackground is black Paint pot with some shimmer on it. It is in my opinion very versitaile. Even though it is black, I like to use it with pink and purple eye shadows as much as with smoky eye look, so it is very good base to many kind of shades. It kind a makes eyeshadow shades more deep, not black as you might think. Other must haves depends of your own eyeshadow taste. If you like to use blue/turquoise eye makeup try Rollickin or Delfit, if you like green eye makeup try Greensmoke and so one..
yes.gif

Latest posts