Paint Pots vs. Paints

MACLovin

I love paints.. at first I wasn't sure, so I got the Bare Study p/p and did not like it at all! I think it made my shadows look weird, and I was putting it on as sparingly as humanly possible.

Here is my trick with the paints so you don't waste it: I find that using the 242 brush (or equivalent, i also use Sephora's shader) with them is the easiest way to go. I only squeeze a TINY bit over the edge of the tube (like the thickness of a penny), and smoosh it with the brush.. I apply it to one eye, and then for the other eye I use up the rest on top and then stick the bristles inside the tube to get whatever else I need. It really is enough and I don't seem to waste much, if any at all.
th_DANCE.gif

I hope this helps someone! You really only need a drop to cover both eyelids.. work quickly though so you don't pull on your skin once it starts to dry.
thmbup.gif

LMD84

yeah i'm still on the paint side.. i bought another paint pot - delft but i swear every time i use it, it creases like a bitch!! now to be fair i don't use UDPP (can't afford it right now) but i always put a little foundation and powder on my lid. rubeneque doesn't crease... just delft
ssad.gif

damsel

i like 'em both. paints are good for placing all over the lid to prevent creasing. paint pots are great for intensifying e/s or getting them to look like they do in the pot.

Trista

I still prefer paints. Many of the paint pots have a tendency to crease on me even when I apply them sparingly which sucks cause I love a lot of the colors.

magia

I have tried both, IMHO Paint pots are so much better! I can't explain why, you need to try them for your self. I know that many people love Paints, but I really like Pots better.
Paint feels so dry and makes my eyelid look older and wrinkled, it's really bad thing. Pots are so creamy and glide well to my lids. I sold all my Paints, now I have almost ten Paint pots, and I really can't tell how much I love them.

abbyquack

I personally don't think one is better than another, I believe they both achieve different purposes. If you want a base that won't budge or bleed the colors of your eyeshadows together, then Paints are what you want to use. When I'm creating a really complicated/dressed up eye, I will use Bare Canvas. Color doesn't budge or crease for hours!

However, if you're looking to increase the intensity or vibrancy of your eyeshadow, or use these thicker products as eyeshadow, Paint Pots are it for me. They make beautiful color and are really easy to blend.

I've lately been using Paint Pots more because of the colors I like, but I do not want to place less emphasis on Paints just because they're not new and fancy in the little pots. They're old but tried and true.

Shaquille

I just notice that on me, Paint Pots are easier to work with.
Paints color fade when I try to blend it well to make the color even on my lids.
Plus, on my lids, paint pots are more pigmented.
So I think I will no longer buy paints

iliang25

never tried paints here but fully satisfied with paint pots (only own 6 at the moment) all the way!!!!!

I like Paints more cuz they're creamier and easier to blend.
The only downside is that there's lack of colour selection. I really would love something like Blackground Paint Pot as a Paint cuz this is the only Paint Pot that I can't live without lol.
Oh and both types last equally long on me.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by @-}--CEC--{-@
I like Paints more cuz they're creamier and easier to blend.
The only downside is that there's lack of colour selection. I really would love something like Blackground Paint Pot as a Paint cuz this is the only Paint Pot that I can't live without lol.
Oh and both types last equally long on me.

There used to be a paint called Graphito which was just like Blackground.

marnibarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by roselyn112
I guess it would depend on your skin as well. i have oily lids so paint pots work better for me.

Oooh. I never thought of this before. Yeah the MUA in the Free standing MAC store I went to used paint on me and I thought I saw the difference. I currently use Softe Ochre pp as base, but it think I might switch as my skin is not as oily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
There used to be a paint called Graphito which was just like Blackground.

Thanks! I'm pretty new to MAC!!!
tong.gif
Is Graphito long gone, or was it just recently discontinued? Maybe I can still snatch one at the counter! lol

Purplegloss9

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
i prefer paint pots
paints seem to dry out my eyelids (and i have VERY oily lids)
and it makes it harder to blend and also seems to dull any eyeshadow colour i apply on top
paint ptos are creamy, smooth and help you blend eyeshadow easily
you can also build up the colour to make it more intense
greengrin.gif

Hmmm .....good info..so you dont find the pots greasy on oily lids...im on the fence wether to get paint or pots cuz i have "OIL SLICK" lids..i currently use UDPP but man, its hard to wrok with it, hard to blend it dries waaaay too fast...just overall having hard time with the fnished look from the Udpp.....

msmack

I prefer paints to paint pots. They last longer without creasing and blend like a dream for me. My fav ones are Magrittes, Bare Canvas and Art Jam.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJustgirlie
what is the price difference between paints and paint pots?

they cost teh same in the uk but you get 1.5g more product in a paint. i still prefer paints. easier to stake in a make up bag because they're small and lightweight. i think they last longer on my lid too. just wish mac would release more funky colours again!