Paint Pots

brokenplaything

Hey ya'll
The paint pots that everyone is talkinga bout come out next year..

However..I don't want to be the one to say this, but I do believe they are going to be replacing the Paints!!!!!!! So I hear from my MA...she was told by her trainer...hmmm

They better be awesome...
I'm assuming they will be a better version of the paints...and hopefully these won't show texture as much as the paints do now!

KJam

I'm actually really excited about these. I figure there should be a lot less wastage - the paint tubes sometimes ooze before I get the cap back on.

DaizyDeath

if they replace the paints with the paint pots id be majorly dissapointed beacuse i hate the paint pots

PrettyinPink

Hmm...I wonder if the be packaged similar to the Fluidlines. I'm curious to see what these are gonna look like, cause I love the paints they way they are now. Except for the fact that a little too much comes out at once. I hope it's not a drastic change...

MACGoddess

They look to be the same size and packaging that the Fluidlines are in from pics...

Too an easy way to get your paint tube to NOT ooze when you open it is to undo the fold at the bottom by one fold. Do that before you open a new tube or if it is fairly new until it gets used a bit. Then you can fold it back.

msthrope

which means they'll dry out faster, need to be replaced more often, and MAC will pocket even more.

lah_knee

i dont think ive ever had to replace any of my fluidliners lol

just cuz they're going to be in that packaging doesnt mean the texture and formula is going to be like fluidline.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee

a couple of my fluidlines actually started separting from the pot after only 6 months of use (i store them tightly closed and never leave them open for more than a moment).

Ada

Oh I hope that's not true! Even if the paint pots are awesome, they're still definitely going to dry up faster because of the packaging. If they discontinue the paints I'm going to have to buy like 10 Untitleds. Which should last me about 15 years since I only just now finished my first one after a year and a half of daily use!

MAC_Pixie04

well hopefully if they're going to package them that way, they won't dry out. because paints dry fairly quickly, and I don't wanna worry about them drying up and going to waste.

another good way to prevent wasting paint is by not SQUEEZING the tube, and don't push up from the bottom like you would a tube of toothpaste.i squeeze from the top downward, very gently.

they also ooze if they're warm, so don't palm them too much in your hand or leave them in your window or something.

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by msthrope
which means they'll dry out faster, need to be replaced more often, and MAC will pocket even more.

My thoughts exactly. I posted this picture before in a thread about my what my speculation of the paint pots would be, and I have a feeling they will be something like the Revlon Eye Mousse. I tedted them out in the store, and they were really pretty, and they didn't crease, but I wouldn't let myself buy one cuz I have soooo much stuff already. They got really good reviews on MUA

546136.jpeg

MACGoddess

Quote:

Not necessarily, I have Fluidlines that are 1.5 yrs old and are still gorgeous and creamy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee

just cuz they're going to be in that packaging doesnt mean the texture and formula is going to be like fluidline.

AMEN! Thanks for that hun...

Eilinoir

Who knows? They might reformulate the paints, tweak it so that it won't dry out as quickly as the current Paints would/might if they were up and squeezed into a little container and sold as that.

MissMarley

i'd actually want to use the paints if they weren't in the tube- i'm too lazy and sleepy in the morning to mess with the paint tube to keep it from oozing. i've never had a fluidline go bad either, mine are in perfect shape after a year or so

noteventherain

Quote:

that's exactly what I was thinking.
ssad.gif
I love paints though. . . I'm gonna be MAJORLY disappointed if they d/c the ones in the tubes.